Skip to content

Can someone check this

The steam version of BG:EE is currently 2.3.67.3

I've got two bugs that need checking whether they are fixed in the latest beta.

Bug 1) The final Dorn Il-Khan quest is bugged in the following way:

The fight with Simmeon is supposed to happen on the other side of the Baldurs Gate Bridge. Sometimes the guys you are supposed to fight don't spawn. This seems to be related to what you tell the flaming fist commander Scar on the brige. If you get the quest from him, they don't seem to spawn, if you don't get the quest from him (but just get told to find him in front of the FF compound) they spawn normaly.

Or at least that's what it seems to be causing it for me. People have complained about this before. Can anyone check whether this has been fixed?

Bug2) "A tour of Durlag's Tower" can get stuck in you journal

I've no idea what's causing it, but you can get the quest in Ulroth's Beard. Then if you take the tour, once the Demonic Knight appears you can get stuck with the quest in your journal. Took me several reloads to get it to be properly removed.

I didn't even report this officially because I've 0 idea what could be causing it, but if someone knows or it's been fixed allready it'd be good to know.

Comments

• ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    1) This has never happened to me in multiple playthroughs. Are you using any mods? If so, try to recreate it on a clean install. You post this in the Troubleshooting forum and upload your save file, someone there can take a look and see what causes it. If it is a bug in the base game, submit a ticket on redmine and the devs will look into it.

2) This is a known bug with the journal. Occasional it fails to clear quests after you complete them.
  • lujolujo Member Posts: 236
    edited February 2018
    ThacoBell said:

1) This has never happened to me in multiple playthroughs. Are you using any mods? If so, try to recreate it on a clean install. You post this in the Troubleshooting forum and upload your save file, someone there can take a look and see what causes it. If it is a bug in the base game, submit a ticket on redmine and the devs will look into it.

I read people on this forum who not only complained about it, but gave vague speculations on why this happens. It happened to me on the version noted above. Following their instructions I figured out that if I reload I might actually get the party to spawn. Having done this multiple times, I narrowed it down to that conversation probably being the cause. So, yes, in the current steam version, which I'm playing with no mods on precisely in order to avoid having bugs chalked up to mods, this seems more likely to happen than not.

I got asked whether this also happens in the 2.5 beta version and checking that would take quite a bit more time for me than just asking if somebody who already is part of the beta knows.
    ThacoBell said:

2) This is a known bug with the journal. Occasional it fails to clear quests after you complete them.

Actually, no, individual instances of journal bugs which I reported, 2 of them, were individual instances with trackable causes which happened to be already fixed in the latest beta. I was just wondering if this particular journal bug had been reported yet or not.

• ZaghoulZaghoul Member, Moderator Posts: 3,938
    edited February 2018
    I've had probs with the Dorn/Simmeon quest at that point several times, even in an unmodded game (BDog supplied, v2.3). Mine have all been associated with dropping Dorn at some point before I enter the city. The safest way I have noticed with him is to either keep him the whole time after joining or have him join and do ALL his quests before entering BG.
    Post edited by Zaghoul on
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    @lujo I'm saying it doesn't happen, just that its not universal. My advice still stands, post in troubleshooting and someone can help find the cause with your save file, and post a ticket on redmine, its the official bug tracker.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,723
    Zaghoul said:

I've had probs with the Dorn/Simmeon quest at that point several times, even in an unmodded game (BDog supplied, v2.3). Mine have all been associated with dropping Dorn at some point before I enter the city. The safest way I have noticed with him is to either keep him the whole time after joining or have him join and do ALL his quests before entering BG.

@Zaghoul and everyone else:

https://support.baldursgate.com/issues/35317

If you have any additional clues, please, add them to this ticket as I can't repro it.