Skip to content

February 2 Livestream Recap

JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
Greetings!

Enjoy the recap of today's stream.

http://blog.beamdog.com/2018/02/february-2-livestream-recap.html
AedanThacoBellTorgrimmer

Comments

• rede9rede9 Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 1,947
    edited February 2018
    32m23s
    Only German BG2 VO confirmed. Damn copyright issues.
    Post edited by rede9 on
  • TorgrimmerTorgrimmer Member Posts: 331
    Me sad over Lost Source Code IWD 2, comment/confirm. But there is hope that one day, maybe one it will be found at a yard sale.
    [Deleted User]
  • gugulug5000gugulug5000 Member Posts: 248

Me sad over Lost Source Code IWD 2, comment/confirm. But there is hope that one day, maybe one it will be found at a yard sale.

I think it would be awesome if the community were able to reverse engineer a lot of the resources needed to make IDII:EE but I don't know what that would entail exactly. If I could somehow contribute toward this, I totally would. It's probably too large of an undertaking though.
  • rede9rede9 Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 1,947
    By the way the sound of this stream was good finally.
    JuliusBorisov
  • BelegCuthalionBelegCuthalion Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 453
    Small feedback: the Beamblog would need half an hour of attention of a web frontend developer to make it somewhat useful on a mobile. Currently the layout adjusts somewhat, but paddings/margins of the page or content holder is way too large (as the values stay the same as in desktop layout), so there is almost no space left for the content in between.

(Tested on chrome on android, same on Firefox)
    JuliusBorisov
  • AdulAdul Member Posts: 2,002
    The IWD2 situation is heartbreaking. I've heard Beamdog comment on the original source code being lost, but I don't know if they've ever addressed or investigated the challenges of recreating that engine from the current Infinity EE code. As I understand it, a team of Black Isle Studios originally developed the IWD2 engine sometime between the summer of 2001 and the summer of 2002, which might make it sound like it wouldn't be an impossible feat, but I imagine they had a lot more resources at their disposal than Beamdog could currently afford for this project.
    JuliusBorisovSssiksseilorAedanrede9
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714

Small feedback: the Beamblog would need half an hour of attention of a web frontend developer to make it somewhat useful on a mobile. Currently the layout adjusts somewhat, but paddings/margins of the page or content holder is way too large (as the values stay the same as in desktop layout), so there is almost no space left for the content in between.

(Tested on chrome on android, same on Firefox)

Thanks for the feedback. We'll see what we can do although I bet a new Game/Web Developer could help here ;)