Skip to content

Playing as Gnoll

Hello there, i recently discovered the BG series and had lots of fun playing trough it. I'm nearing the end of bg2:tob and after that i planned to start with Icewind Dale. I loved that i could create my own character as if it is me (portrait sounds and so on) and since you create your own party in ID i wanted to include my dog as one of the characters and the gnoll creature would fit perfectly for that. Could somebody please help me and sent me to a site where it is explained how to mod this? I cant find it but know it is possible cause of this thread:

https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/63275/im-debating-a-gnoll-or-flind-playthrough

That thread was all i could find on how to mod this but its a year old. I would really appreciate your help. :)
Btw i use the enhanced edition if this is important to know.

Comments

• sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    i remember making a team that had each member of my family in it and the 6th slot had to be used up as the family dog, but instead of a gnoll, i actually made him a war dog

i used EE keeper for all the "modding"
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    Yeah, EEKeeper should have all the tools you need to do that.
  • X1Alpha2X1Alpha2 Member Posts: 2
    edited February 2018
    Thank you very much for the fast answers i'll try the EE keeper as soon as im trough with my bg 2 playtrough :D
  • Dev6Dev6 Member Posts: 719
    You can do this easily with EE keeper. I myself have planned to play IWD with a minotaur in my party eventually. :p
  • ZaghoulZaghoul Member, Moderator Posts: 3,938
    I always like to throw in min/max on ability scores when running humanoids myself. Just adds a little more flavor. I'll also adjust for natural AC and any bonus HP at first lvl (+2 for gnoll, but still 10 AC, no infravision as far as I can tell from that or 2nd ed. Montrous Manual), use superstitions, initial weapon choices, available class choices, multi-class options, etc., from the Complete Book of Humanoids.
    The initial ability scores are modified by a +1 bonus to Strength, and a -1 penalty to Intelligence and Charisma as already mentioned. For my own playthoughs I limit maximums even when getting pluses to ability scores but would add a +10% (for the +1) to percentile for strength if I had an 18.
    Ability Score Range
    Ability Maximum
    Strength 18
    Dexterity 18
    Constitution 18
    Intelligence 14
    Wisdom 16
    Charisma 14

Regardless, role playing as a humanoid is the best part, trying to see the world, and imagine how the world sees you, from the perspective of being the big (or small for the tough lil kobolds) monster everyone thinks we are. Good fun. B)