Skip to content

Atribute tomes after mods

MonoCanallaMonoCanalla Member Posts: 291
For the first time I started a play-trough fully modded. There is apparently a genius mod changing location for the atribute tomes, at least Cha and Con are not ther. Cha is actually at the end of Naskell mines now, no idea where Con is. Anyone knows the updates location list?

Comments

• EnuhalEnuhal Member Posts: 920
    It's possible the mod changing the location of your tomes might be item randomizer. In that case, there are numerous possibilities regarding the location of the tomes (answers could be found here: http://www.gibberlings3.net/readmes/spoilers-randomiser.html ) - Otherwise, if it's not item randomizer, you should propably post a list of all the mods you are using so it's easier to work out which mod is the culprit.
    JuliusBorisov
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    LyraVren
  • MonoCanallaMonoCanalla Member Posts: 291
    Item randomizer must be. I installed mods with the mod installer program. it was a disappointment to not to find the Ring of Wizardry, but I'll try to see the beauty of this.
    PaulaMigrate
  • AstroBryGuyAstroBryGuy Member Posts: 3,437

Item randomizer must be. I installed mods with the mod installer program. it was a disappointment to not to find the Ring of Wizardry, but I'll try to see the beauty of this.

It's somewhere... just not necessarily where you expect it to be. Instead of beelining for this or that item, you just use what you find, as you find it. It's great!
    Doesn’t Item Randomizer have an option with a chance to “lose” items? So, there’s a chance an item won’t be found in the game (if the user installed that option).

It's somewhere... just not necessarily where you expect it to be. Instead of beelining for this or that item, you just use what you find, as you find it. It's great!
    Or I just do whatever I want with my time without you directing me. Thanks for teaching me a new word, beelining, though.

Thankfully I can use EEKeeper anyway.
  • Contemplative_HamsterContemplative_Hamster Member Posts: 844
    edited February 2018

Or I just do whatever I want with my time without you directing me. Thanks for teaching me a new word, beelining, though.

Thankfully I can use EEKeeper anyway.
    @MonoCanalla

Before you take offence and offend in turn, you may want to re-consider the strict meaning and idiomatic context of @subtledoctor 's words - an appreciation (definition b) of the mod in question - and the spirit in which they were offered.
    AstroBryGuyronaldoThacoBellRaduziel
    StummvonBordwehrRaduzielBloodstone
  • PaulaMigratePaulaMigrate Member Posts: 1,201

you just use what you find, as you find it. It's great

Or I just do whatever I want with my time without you directing me.

Slow your roll there, Angry Young Man. I wrote "you" as in, "one just uses what one finds" etc. I was not directing you, just showing enthusiasm for an excellent mod. Frankly I don't give two poops how you spend your time. :wink:
    What a joke! Somebody installs a mod(ification) and then complaints that the game is modified?
    Is it not much worthier to spend one's time doing again exactly each step in the same way you did it last time - and you plan to do next time again.
    Raduziel
    @Contemplative_Hamster

I am offending by not understanding the correct meaning of subtledoctor's advice? Well, he called me "Angry Young Man", when other than that I am positive I haven't offended in any way, so...

And this is probably or not gonna condition the reaction to my future interactions in this forum, so great.

I always saw the beauty on the item randomizer thing, but I'm not planning to do a full and thorough exploration gameplay this time, and I don't wanna miss any of the tomes if I don't visit Gullykin or a random rocky map, or whatever. But like I said, I can use EEKeeper.

I came to ask why I can't find the tomes and where there are, and I appreciate the accurate answer to the simple question.
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    @MonoCanalla "Or I just do whatever I want with my time without you directing me."

Whether intended or not, this line implies a harsh tone. It comes across as angry to the reader. Subtledoctor's response, while not the most diplomatic, was an understandable one. Tone can be so easily misinterpreted in text.

"I am offending by not understanding the correct meaning of subtledoctor's advice? Well, he called me "Angry Young Man", when other than that I am positive I haven't offended in any way, so...

And this is probably or not gonna condition the reaction to my future interactions in this forum, so great. "

Being indignant that someone would dare be offended is not going to do you any favors. Take a deep a breath, and remember that everyone here is only trying to help, not insult.
    StummvonBordwehrRaduziel
  • Ah, so it's time for an exegesis. You did not offend by not understanding. You were apparently offended by subtledoctor's words, or at least, you said something offensive to to subtledoctor: "Or I just do whatever I want with my time without you directing me." Luckily subtledoctor's got very thick skin and was not offended, and said so. I was not offended by your words, but merely pointed out your offence of posting offensive words, which were offensive whether taken as such by their intended recipient or not. Whether my pointing our your offence offends you or not is hard to tell, but I'm leaning towards yes. So apparently no one's offended, except possibly you on the first round or in the followup - it's hard to tell online. So that's great. And I'll just walk away from this now. Places to go, bedtime stories to read. This post possibly marks the all time-high use of words derived from the root word offend in any post in the history of the internet. Offend, offend, offend. There we go.
    StummvonBordwehrThacoBellRaduzielProont
    StummvonBordwehrRaduzielProont