Skip to content

[BG:EE] Kagain Attacking Edwin out of nowhere whenever I enable Party AI

kingblahkingblah Member Posts: 12
edited February 2018 in Troubleshooting
So I've spent almost the entire game so far with Kagain and Edwin in my party (i'm at Chapter 7 now) - they get along just great, no problems so far.

I've just been teleported to the Ice Island by the Wizard, made my way half way through the dungeon, and out of nowhere, Kagain starts going straight for Edwin.

I turned off Party AI, rested - everything great. Then the second I turn on Party AI - Kagain immediately tries to attack Edwin.

Any ideas?

EDIT: SOLVED by shutting down the game and re-loading the save. But might be worth perhaps looking into if it's a bug?

Comments

• sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    i think what happened was; kagain may have been hit by edwin ( either edwin being confused and using a weapon agasint him ) or edwin actually hit him with a spell ( like fireball for example )

if kagain's AI was set to standard attack, then what might have happened in this scenario is the AI scripting "recalculated" his attacker and started going after edwin instead, and usually that AI won't stop attacking until it's target is destroyed or if it gets attacked by someone else

so if this happens, all i do to fix this would be just select kagain and move him somewhere else ( doesnt have to be far ) and it should "reset" his AI
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    @kingblah Which version do you play? 2.3 or 2.5 open beta? If you experienced it on 2.5, please, report on support.baldursgate.com.
  • rede9rede9 Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 1,947
    edited February 2018
    Does Kagain attack Edwin after a banter?
    Does turning off Party AI disable banters?