Skip to content

Whats your favorite item/s in BG1/BG2

OneTrickPonyOneTrickPony Member Posts: 17
edited September 2012 in Archive (General Discussion)
Hey!

Couldn't find a similar topic so I thought id make one. As we know there is a lot of great(and funny) items out there, some better than others depending on your class choice.
I wanna know what item/s YOU go after as soon as you have the chance and why this/these specific item/s is so important for your play style.

Mine is defiantly the Robe of Vecna, improved casting speed is so powerful combined with Amulet of Power(even greater cast speed) and a spell sequence spell. Queue up those magic missiles and wait for your pc to lagg out. Cheesy, I know :)

Comments

• ShinShin Member Posts: 2,345
    One item I really like is the necklace that Imoen makes for you as a birthday present in the BG1 NPC Project. It's essentially just an amulet of protection +1, but the description is heart-touching and I always move it over to BG2.
  • ElzarathElzarath Member Posts: 173
    My current BGII play through is human fighter, kitted him out with all the Balduran stuff (cheated in the cloak too.. ;), man this guy is unstoppable now. I'm surprised at how often he resists magic.

Just did it for the fun of it, never played a fighter character and wondered what it'd be like to pretend to be the legendary Balduran. Also I have a thing for 'sets', like the red dragon one; sword, helmet, shield & armor. Lol I'm weird like that.
  • SophiaSophia Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 581
    edited September 2012
    For me it's the Ring of Gaxx, expecially if you pickpocket Kangaxx to obtain two of those ;) (cheeeeeeeese)
  • NecdilzorNecdilzor Member Posts: 279
    edited September 2012
    Bag of Holding... You have your inventory full and suddenly... OMG everything in it disappears! OwO
  • OneTrickPonyOneTrickPony Member Posts: 17
    edited September 2012
    ahw i didnt think about those items u guys posted. Cant even remember that birthday present amulet, oh BG why has it been so long.

Keeping to sets makes me feel more awesome too ;)

Ring of Gaxx is a classic, remember doing the pickpocket trick aswell ^^

Bag of Holding is such a nice item, ashamed to have forgotten about it :/

Though its just a quest item, the Nether Scroll is one of the funniest items i know of in game. When you thought; Damn I wish something would put Edwin in his place, *poof* Edwina. I was laughing out loud listening to the mockery Edwina had to take from the other party members, good times good times.
  • Permidion_StarkPermidion_Stark Member Posts: 4,861
    edited September 2012
    In BG1 I like Spider's Bane. The name doesn't sound that heroic (hey, check it out, I'm really good at killing spiders) but I like the way it looks and I love having free action because there is nothing more depressing than getting held and being unable to do anything while an enemy pummels you to death.
  • jpierce55jpierce55 Member Posts: 86
    Crom Faeyr and the Flail of Ages. Partially due to finding the components. Flail of Ages is great when it comes to trolls.
  • cre100382cre100382 Member Posts: 8
    Has to be the Staff of Magi, the fight to get it was kind of hairy and the staff is something I always get for my mages.
  • NachtwacheNachtwache Member Posts: 36
    edited September 2012
    Human Flesh Armor +5: because it equally unique and nasty
    Jester's Chain: because it's changing colors; sadly you're not able to cast spells