Skip to content

Steam beta > later to Steam retail digital deluxe

fetito666fetito666 Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 204
edited February 2018 in General Discussions NWN:EE
Hello!

If we have the Steam beta installed and later then we activate the Steam retail key for the Digital Deluxe edition, do we need to download the game again or will the beta files be taken and updated into retail version on Steam?

I am really hyped for the Steam Workshop support. :)

Thank you!
Post edited by fetito666 on

Comments

• GarenRunebladeGarenRuneblade Member Posts: 13
    Hope you don't mind if I tack on a question: But are the Steam version of the EE and Beamdogs EE going to share the same C:\Documents\Neverwinter Nights folder for haks\mods\overides and configuration files? Should we just use one or the other? I'm only interested in the Steam version for access to the nSteam Workshop.
  • essi2essi2 Member Posts: 6
    @GarenRuneblade They share the same Documents folders and as far as I can tell the Steam version also respects the value in the .ini files just like the Beamdog install.

@fetito666 As far as I am aware they would have different appids, so you'd have to find out what the appmanifest_xxxxx.acf file for DD ed. looks like and replace the beta appmanisfest file with the DD ed appmanisfest. And then most likely run a Verify File Data to check for files that might have changed.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,727
    @fetito666 What @essi2 says is true, the apps will be different. Your saves and all will work, but the game will have to be re-downloaded again.

@GarenRuneblade All versions of NWN:EE will share the same C:\Documents\Neverwinter Nights folder for haks\mods\overides and configuration file.
  • rede9rede9 Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 1,947
    Did you already got the beta steam key?
    I wrote on discord the night between Friday and Saturday. Was it too late?
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,727
    If you didn't get a key, message again!

If you didn't get a key, message again!

Is it a lottery?

• CvijetaCvijeta Member Posts: 417
    I didn't get the key, ugggh
  • essi2essi2 Member Posts: 6
    @rede9 @Cvijeta You have to PM the keymanager guy in Discord and he'll get back to you with a key when he isn't busy GMing DnD campaigns.
    edited February 2018
    PM? I summon him in the beta keys subchannel. Wrong procedure?
    A hint: read the announcement on that Discord :wink: