Skip to content

Recommend me modules for Neverwinter Nights 2

VallmyrVallmyr Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,456
edited April 2017 in Off-Topic
So I'm sort of just derping and wasting time before PS:T:EE comes out and figured I would play some modules for Neverwinter Nights 2. I know of BG reloaded, Icewind Dale in NWN2, and Wulverheim but can I have some other recommendations? Both single player modules and persistent servers are welcome. Would prefer if they are compatible with Kaedrin's PRC but if not that is ok. Preemptive thanks! n_n
CrevsDaak

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
    FinneousPJVallmyrCrevsDaak
  • DrHappyAngryDrHappyAngry Member Posts: 1,577
    The other PoE, Path of Evil
    http://www.nexusmods.com/neverwinter2/mods/18/?

It is definitely a love letter to the Baldur's Gate games (More the first one), but you're the villain. There's even a recruitable NPC that worships the Bhaalspawn. The starting quests are all different depending on your class (let's you pick if it can't detect your class, like if you're using Kaedrin's PRC, which it's compatible with). Once you get out of the starting area, it gets to be very free roaming exploration where you can go all around a huge chunk of western Faerun, with nobody telling you where to go (There's a hints file if you get completely stuck on the main quest).

It also let's you play evil the way you want. You can be smart evil, or bwahaha evil, or something else. For instance you can say you don't believe in slavery. NPCs, while evil, have motivations, one for instance does care about his family. There's nothing technically keeping you from making a good or neutral character, but you'll be evil pretty fast with the choices you're presented with.

The dialog is really well done for a mod, and has some parts that left me dying of laughter "Why is it that all Paladins carry great swords? Do you think they're compensating for something?" Kvas, the gnome companion is basically the anti Jan Jansen.

It's decent length, think over 20 hours if you do everything, and you can get over level 20. Probably my favorite module ever.

Dark Waters was also pretty sweet
    https://neverwintervault.org/project/nwn2/module/dark-waters-full

It's fully voice acted, and implements psionics and ships in a pirate flood world type setting. Been forever since I loaded it up, but I do remember it having some game breaking bugs, so save often in different slots. Only mod I enjoyed more was PoE.
    CrevsDaakVallmyrThacoBellFinneousPJ
  • VallmyrVallmyr Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,456
    Ohh, I'll have to come up with an evil PC for PoE. I'm thinking like an enchantress or something, use dominate and charm spells.
    CrevsDaak
  • davidthegnomedavidthegnome Member Posts: 37
    Above all others I'd recommend "The Maimed Gods Saga". Great role playing mod that really makes you feel like a Cleric. So unless you hate the cleric class it is a must play (technically you can probably play it as a Paladin, too).

I also really love Conan Chronicles series of modules.
  • WarChiefZekeWarChiefZeke Member Posts: 2,651
    Tales from the Lake of Sorrows is a multi-module campaign that is well done and with a surprising amount of detail. Memorable NPC's and one of the few modules i had played more than once. A touch difficult however
  • JoenSoJoenSo Member Posts: 910
    I have a vague memory of a module I once played for the first Neverwinter nights that I really enjoyed. The only thing I remember about it is that death was a major theme. You played through various scenarios, including visiting a city of undead and a village of living people who couldn't die. Anyone knows what module it could be and if it was ever remade for NWN2?
  • VallmyrVallmyr Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,456
    So since this time I’ve actually played through Misery Stone which was gosh darn fantastic and Black Scourge of Candle Cove which was very much like IWD in its combat difficulty. Modules I plan to do are

Path of Evil
    Wulverheim
    Trinity
    Tragedy at Tragidore
    The Maimed God Saga
    Lake of Sorrows
    Dark Waters
    Subtlety of Thay
    A Hunt Through the Dark
    Pool of Radiance
    IWD in NWN2
    BG in NWN2

NWN2 is becoming my favorite game ever between SoZ, MotB, and these modules. I also need to do Mysteries of Westgate but it’s not compatible with Kaedrin’s PRC though neither was Misery Stone.
    FinneousPJ
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    IWD for NWN2 is pretty good ( although they unfortunately didnt add any of the HoW content except for the weapons at Conlan's smithy )
  • IseweinIsewein Member Posts: 521
    @JoenSo That sounds like Adam Miller's Shadowlords campaign, and no it was never remade for NWN2, but you can use Zwerkules' facelift to make its standard tilesets more visually appealing. :)
    JoenSo
  • JoenSoJoenSo Member Posts: 910
    Isewein wrote: »
    @JoenSo That sounds like Adam Miller's Shadowlords campaign, and no it was never remade for NWN2, but you can use Zwerkules' facelift to make its standard tilesets more visually appealing. :)

Oh wow, thanks a lot! I'll have to check it out and see if it's that one.