Skip to content

Is EET stable?

Beamdog is busy working on the 2.5 update (and on NWN:EE), so I'm guessing EET will have to be updated at some point when the next patch hits, but as of now, is it a stable mod or is it still kinda buggy? Do you get a consistent, hassle-free experience out of it as-is?

I ask this because I'm thinking of rolling a fourth character soon, and this time it'd be nice to keep my companions from BG1 seamlessly integrated into the sequels. Some of the attribute tomes are "wasted" on either the PC - not an advantageous boost in itself - or on NPCs as their stats are not carried over in the unmodded trilogy, obviously.

Comments

• DoubledimasDoubledimas Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,286
    I'd say that EET is more than just a mod, but I think it is a relatively bug-free experience. Of course issues crop up now and then (see the official forum for EET), but people have been playing it in a relatively stable release for quite a while now.
    JuliusBorisov
  • VheissuVheissu Member Posts: 13
    Just basic EET works fine as far as I know, but adding mods will of course increase the chances of something being borked.

From what I recall, Imoen is technically created anew in BG2, so tomes used on her won't carry over. But it takes barely a minute with eekeeper to fix that.

Items added by mods don't reliably carry over into Siege of Dragonspear unless you have them in the main character's inventory.
  • VolatileVolatile Member Posts: 81
    So, I found an "easy" installer for EET which includes a bunch of other optional mods to go with it. I've read about Unfinished Business before (more quests, what's not to like?) but I'm unsure about the rest.

Basically, I want to enhance it but at the same time keep it true to the original games.
  • smeagolheartsmeagolheart Member Posts: 7,963
    Volatile said:

So, I found an "easy" installer for EET which includes a bunch of other optional mods to go with it. I've read about Unfinished Business before (more quests, what's not to like?) but I'm unsure about the rest.

Basically, I want to enhance it but at the same time keep it true to the original games.

I'd say avoid some of the big content mods as they often introduce recycled areas that you'll recognize and throw the balance way off as far as items and enemies go.
    ThacoBell
  • PaulaMigratePaulaMigrate Member Posts: 1,201
    EET as the mod that makes all games available as one continuous experience is stable and well-tested.
    Most players using EET will probably not stop there but add other mods to the experience. The number of EET compliant mods is growing daily and with that the issue of mods adding issues or not being compatible with each other etc. But that has nothing to do with EET as a stable platform to install further mods on.
    Bleriot
  • ThelsThels Member Posts: 1,416
    Imoen not being continuous seems like a shame. While I can see why you run into a new Imoen copy, out of the characters that you can carry over into SoA, she is the most likely to vary from player to player.

Out of the eight characters, she is the only character that can be Dualclassed, and even does so, canonically speaking (Jaheira, Viconia, Neera and Dorn are demihumans, Rasaad is a Monk, and Minsc and Edwin lack the stats to Dualclass). In addition, she is a Thief, and as such, can be further customized by assigning skillpoints.

Are there any mods that subvert this somehow? Perhaps even something that gives her Magic Missile as an innate ability, to allow her to remain a Thief all the way? (I personally prefer her as a Swashbuckler, as I don't see her as the Backstabbing type, but I digress.)
    Thels said:

Imoen not being continuous seems like a shame. While I can see why you run into a new Imoen copy, out of the characters that you can carry over into SoA, she is the most likely to vary from player to player.

Out of the eight characters, she is the only character that can be Dualclassed, and even does so, canonically speaking (Jaheira, Viconia, Neera and Dorn are demihumans, Rasaad is a Monk, and Minsc and Edwin lack the stats to Dualclass). In addition, she is a Thief, and as such, can be further customized by assigning skillpoints.

Are there any mods that subvert this somehow? Perhaps even something that gives her Magic Missile as an innate ability, to allow her to remain a Thief all the way? (I personally prefer her as a Swashbuckler, as I don't see her as the Backstabbing type, but I digress.)

Wherever you found all this false information, send them to the abyss.
    Kusel

Right here in this thread:
    Vheissu said:

From what I recall, Imoen is technically created anew in BG2, so tomes used on her won't carry over. But it takes barely a minute with eekeeper to fix that.

edited February 2018
    Thels said:

Right here in this thread:
    Vheissu said:

My Imoen in Irenicus dungeon was the one I left after Sarevok's death (+ XPs added when joining again) - mind that SoD has no joinable Imoen - which was the same I resuced in Spellhold, of course she lost her equipment but she had all her stats.
    New Imoen is only created if you did not have her in BG1.
    If you encountered anything else, there might have been some bug introduced by some mod maybe.

I anticipate that my experience is what you would expect to happen in EET?
    KuselBleriot
    Ah, good to know!
    Thels said:

Ah, good to know!

Just one thing I have to add, my Imoen was already dual Thief/Mage in BG1, so I don't know how that may be different if you had her plain thief or even any modded class.
    Kusel
  • KuselKusel Member Posts: 50

Thels said:

Ah, good to know!

Just one thing I have to add, my Imoen was already dual Thief/Mage in BG1, so I don't know how that may be different if you had her plain thief or even any modded class.
    I had Imoen mage in BG! thanks to Candlekeep dialogue option and that Imoen was in the game and growing all time. No issues.