Skip to content

Steam keys for NWN:EE. How to. Latest patch notes.

JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
Enjoy the beta on Steam! Play, test, use the workshop, report bugs. Don't wait any longer!

Don't forget to read the announcements fully:

http://blog.beamdog.com/2018/02/how-to-get-your-neverwinter-nights.html

http://blog.beamdog.com/2018/02/nwnee-8159-patch-notes-and-steam-beta.html

Comments

• sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    how do we report bugs?
  • TrixterTrixter Member Posts: 237
    Oh, so the final version to be bought direct from Beamdog is not available yet?
    also, for the deluxe version stuff, does steam not have access to those modules yet? because there is no option to install them ( aka heros of neverwinter, official soundtrack, infinite dungeons, pirates of the sword coast, and so on )
  • NeverwinterWightsNeverwinterWights Member Posts: 339
    Got it all installed but is the workshop not active until tomorrow (Friday)? Not seeing it.
  • fetito666fetito666 Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 204
    There is nothing better than running "Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition" on Steam. It's pure love!
    sarevok57 said:

also, for the deluxe version stuff, does steam not have access to those modules yet? because there is no option to install them ( aka heros of neverwinter, official soundtrack, infinite dungeons, pirates of the sword coast, and so on )

nevermind these randomly installed on their own after playing NWNEE for a bit
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    sarevok57 said:

how do we report bugs?

https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/66998/how-to-report-bugs-you-find-in-nwn-ee#latest
    Trixter said:

Oh, so the final version to be bought direct from Beamdog is not available yet?

When you buy, you get a final version. It's just that right now you can run only the Head Start. When the game is released, you'll be able to download the final version.

Got it all installed but is the workshop not active until tomorrow (Friday)? Not seeing it.

http://steamcommunity.com/workshop/browse/?appid=704450&browsesort=trend&section=readytouseitems
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    There's a new update in the patch notes:

The old means of specifying a custom shader through the .txi had limitations. In particular, the .txi was initially intended to be a place to store information about a specific texture, not as a repository for other information. We’ve decided to create a new file type to encapsulate a material template. Instances of this new material file type, with a suffix ".mtr", can be shared across multiple meshes, and will specify things like textures, shaders, and uniforms.

What follows in the patch notes is a sample material file that includes examples for all currently supported fields. http://blog.beamdog.com/2018/02/nwnee-8159-patch-notes-and-steam-beta.html
  • DamastLDamastL Member Posts: 6
    Being new and not understanding where to write, given the vastness of the forum and sections, I try to write here my question as we speak of the Steam Key. I apologize in advance and in case you delete the post as well.
    I installed Nwn EE steam version and it seems to work, is it normal that if I try to install it from the Beamdog launcher asks me to buy it? In the Key account section, I have the two keys "Game Key" and "Steam Key". In the launcher if I select "English Head Start" it asks me to buy the game, if I select only "English" it tells me "Install" but there would be only a 12.90Kb file but it does not download anything. Thank you very much to those who will answer and excuse the trouble!
    @DamastL Getting a Steam key shouldn't disable your Beamdog Head Start version. Send a message to support@beamdog.com
  • DamastLDamastL Member Posts: 6
    I I solved everything, I managed to install even from the beamdog client. You had to do an apply from the client. English Head Start, Buy, select buy and return to the NWN EE page. There is a blue rectangle with the words "Get Start", select the one and automatically on the client you can download everything! Thx anyway! ;)
  • ProlericProleric Member Posts: 1,282
    Improvement suggestion - at present, the WorkshopUpload console command displays a message briefly when the upload is complete. Large files take a while, so it's easy to miss this. Would it be possible to send the message to the log window, so that it persists?
  • ShadowMShadowM Member Posts: 573
    I still not able to get my thumbnail to show up I placed my jpg in all the folders and still will not uploading. Can we just get a thumbnail upload in steam like the screenshots/videos and can we get copy paste for the command line too.
    @ShadowM Do you use "thumbnail.jpg" or "thumbnail.jpeg"? We'll make a code change to allow .jpeg in the future.
    Proleric said:

Improvement suggestion - at present, the WorkshopUpload console command displays a message briefly when the upload is complete. Large files take a while, so it's easy to miss this. Would it be possible to send the message to the log window, so that it persists?

It might be better to log elsewhere, but I'm not sure if it would be possible. Can you file a feature request on support.baldursgate.com , please?
  • ProlericProleric Member Posts: 1,282
  • shredstallionshredstallion Member Posts: 21
    What do I get out of playing the steam version that I don't get out of the Beamdog one?

What do I get out of playing the steam version that I don't get out of the Beamdog one?

A Buddy List
    Steam Broadcasting
    Steam Workshop

Achievements, Trading Cards and other Steam stuff in the future (potentially Cloud saves, but it's on the Input board for voting)
  • ShadowMShadowM Member Posts: 573

@ShadowM Do you use "thumbnail.jpg" or "thumbnail.jpeg"? We'll make a code change to allow .jpeg in the future.

Yes, it finally worked with the steam development version v8160