Skip to content

NWN:EE Screenshots - Photography

This is the thread for posting your screenshots that show off your character and the beautiful scenery in NWN:EE. Uploaded pictures should be in .jpg format and should probably be in spoiler tags so as not to overload people's browsers when they click on the thread.

Here is Port Llast at night. Notice how crisp and beautiful the sky looks.

This was made from a save I made in the GoG version several months ago. The save file loaded into NWN:EE with no problems. So, if you want to try EE, there is no need to start a new game if you don't want to.

Comments

• Barry_1066Barry_1066 Member Posts: 77

I noticed a difference in the NWN EE look as soon as I logged on the first time - Sorry I don't know how to use spoiler tags.

Here are two different screen shots from Realms of Annakolia running NWN EE
  • Barry_1066Barry_1066 Member Posts: 77

• DerpCityDerpCity Member, Moderator Posts: 303
    Below is a picture of the most fun character I've played in a while, Brak the dual-dagger wielding Badger Barbarian, alongside good friend Daelan Redtiger, in Neverwinter Wood. I've always liked how NWN looks, even if things are a bit blocky and retro.
  • LyraVrenLyraVren Member Posts: 21
    Here's some things I've built. Made in 1.69, but screenshot are from EE, vibrancy and contrast do make a difference.

Project Q Castle Interior.

Wildlands tileset.

Versatile Dungeon tileset.

Project Q Mines and Caverns.
  • FluentFluent Member Posts: 74
    Great shots, thanks for sharing!
  • ShadowMShadowM Member Posts: 573

• TondenTonden Member Posts: 223
    edited January 2018

Castle Interior Tileset Revamped

Yes that is the Standard Castle Interior Tileset so with this you could change the look of the OC, older modules and PW servers.

Post edited by Tonden on
  • TondenTonden Member Posts: 223
    edited January 2018
    Standard City Tileset Revamped

Neverwinter Nights Revamped (NWNR) Main Website

NWNR Downloads on the Vault

Yes this is an override for the Standard City Tileset so it could be used to change the looks of the OC, older modules, and PW servers.

Post edited by Tonden on
  • DM_DjinnDM_Djinn Member Posts: 112
    These are some great screenshots in this thread! I'm curious if these overrides are available somewhere?
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    After FINALLY figuring out what sort of class combo i want to go with, i've finished up the tutorial, bought some items, and now it's off to the peninsula district to ruffle some tail feathers

so i just finished up the Peninsula and gathered the first of many water davian creature thingies, now it's time to go to the begger's nest and mess up some undead baddies

just finished killing off the undead baddies in the beggar's nest, now it time to rough up some ruffians in the docks district

alrighty, the filth was cleaned up from the docks, and now it's off to the final district

• HunterRayder93HunterRayder93 Member Posts: 266
    edited February 2018
    A new day on the server "Knights of Noromath"...but first he showed me a fantastic picture of a dead red dead dragon you have road edges!

My journey begins with the meeting of 2 elves, one of whom is a countess telling him my story decides to propose a job as a "bodyguard", I willingly accept (also because not knowing where to go any help was welcome,but before proposing the job offer we rode for a while around the Brost county forest ... I have captured many glimpses of the ride of which some photographs were really beautiful.

This bridge is fantastic ... never seen anything like this in this game ... and another thing with all these details ... I wonder if with the new models many things can make more, I suspect that many could create even more amazing of this with new graphic settings and textures ... but it is still pleasant as it is this server (but the OCe and the other expansions of NWN no)

this temple is fantastic! and really impressive!

since I want to finish my training as "Arcane Archer", the countess introduced me to a Mistrya wizard who, together with him, we embarked towards the heart of the forest ... where so much evil resides that the dead come back to life from the beyond grave.

At night everything seems so ... scary ... you can not really see anything.

my training in the magic arts starts here! we open our way to the heart of the forest between undead and sparse spiders,While a Red Salaad acts as a personal bodyguard for the party, I try to attack from the distance with my longbow, focusing on the objectives of the summoned demon(my unfailing aim is never wrong) :)

arrived in the heart of the forest we enter an old mansion infested with ghosts, undead and other scary things ... a dismal place ... scary and disturbing, it seemed to be suddenly ended up in a horror game of "Resident Evil" or "The House of the Dead" where waves of undead assailed us from everywhere.

Many details were great on many walls, and there were disturbing portraits on it, it almost seemed to be in a darker and scarier version of DisneyWorld's "haunted mansion", but in itself the place is more reminiscent of Ravenloft's "Death house" adventure campaign in some ways.

The day ends with the "escape" we say from the house of horrors, and my return to Brost (alone because the magician who was with me had had problems with the horse that he was bugs),the journey back then was quite simple going there as the light of the day that guided me without problems back in the right way, carefully following the map I went to rest in the locand of the country.

what about, once again NWN: EE really surprised me the connectivity was very fast thanks to the last pathc enon I had difficulty playing, the group of discord play then of Knights of Noromath were very kind to me in voice cath and also very nice !, I can not wait to continue my journey on this server !, but I would love to discover unovi modni and places, and other PW in NWN: EE ... there is one in particular I would like to try , "Ravenloft: Prisoner of the mist" that for those who loved the Horror-Dark fantasy Ravenloft and one of the most captivating PW ever, I had already tried once to run into this server years ago when NWN: EE had not yet been conceived and I must say that it is another server that I would like to try it, because the experience is there and deserving, but ... who knows if ever will pass to EE that server ... and if ever put his Hack files as for KoN on steamWorkshop.

• BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,653
    @HunterRayder93 , I've also noticed that the new lighting in NWN:EE makes darkness a huge problem, as it should be in an RPG.

The last game in which I've seen having a light source be a critical thing was in Might and Magic 6-8.

Since I'm playing a paladin currently, I've been tempted several times to restart in the OC as my usual cleric or druid, just to have access to the Light spell.

In several fights, I've actually given up my shield defense bonus in favor of holding a torch, just so I could see more than two feet in front of me. In dark environments, without a torch, glittering necklace, light colored ring, or Light spell, I might as well be blind.

I wonder if non-human infravision is a thing in NWN? Since I never play non-humans, I don't know.

But I think it's a plus that darkness is now a problem, because it should be a problem for humans in a good RPG. If only spell-casting companions in the OC could cast Light. I think this is yet another reason why we need companion control.

@HunterRayder93 , I've also noticed that the new lighting in NWN:EE makes darkness a huge problem, as it should be in an RPG.

The last game in which I've seen having a light source be a critical thing was in Might and Magic 6-8.

Since I'm playing a paladin currently, I've been tempted several times to restart in the OC as my usual cleric or druid, just to have access to the Light spell.

In several fights, I've actually given up my shield defense bonus in favor of holding a torch, just so I could see more than two feet in front of me. In dark environments, without a torch, glittering necklace, light colored ring, or Light spell, I might as well be blind.

I wonder if non-human infravision is a thing in NWN? Since I never play non-humans, I don't know.

But I think it's a plus that darkness is now a problem, because it should be a problem for humans in a good RPG. If only spell-casting companions in the OC could cast Light. I think this is yet another reason why we need companion control.

i've noticed this as well, when i was in begger's nest and went to the graveyard, it was incredibly dark, i wasn't sure if it was a bug or not that was making the game so dark, but then i realized that this only happens at night, so i figured it was something that beamdog implemented
  • HunterRayder93HunterRayder93 Member Posts: 266

Yes, on this I give you reason ... unless you play with a one-handed weapon style ... having a torch that lights up your way is a problem ... just look at me being a hunter and use the arrows and the arcolungo to attack? if it is not someone who throws me a spell of light or anything that illuminates the road I can not defend myself much if I have a flashlight in my hand ... I agree that this for me is part of the RP sector of the game and there is very well, but I agree that if I play SP campaign urgently needs FPC in all the HoTU level campaign by force ... so at least I can put a flashlight to a character while I can attack and another character treat me at the same time, and the best solution, but without it the SP and lasts in the OC (a little less in SoU), and then ...
    I dare not imagine the final battle that the boss's room is so dark that I remember that there are some that attack you from all sides.
  • SkipBittmanSkipBittman Member Posts: 146
    I'm loving the darkness and actually using torches. If they "fix" this, make it optional because in 4k and a bunch of mods it was really a treat with some moody krautrock burbling in the background.
  • TarotRedhandTarotRedhand Member Posts: 1,481
    Try turning high contrast off. It's on by default.

TR
    okay, so some time has passed and now my holmes is in chapter 3 collecting some words of power, and off he goes to start the scavenger hunt

while on the scavenger hunt, i found a dragon and there is no better way to finish a dragon off than a critical hit dealing over 100 damage :)

so, i found some words, brought them back to holmes, stuff happened, things happened, and now my dude is about to go into some source stone to fight some big powerful enemy, gotta admit, not too bad on the time it took to do a run, 35+ hours, although i best some of those hours were waiting for my character to rest/ waiting for those mammoth critical hits on chests with unreal damage reduction ( i even found one that had 50! lol! )

• DerpCityDerpCity Member, Moderator Posts: 303
    edited February 2018
    @sarevok57 I have to ask... Why do you have those two levels of Monk? Not trying to bash your decisions or anything, and your reasoning is probably simpler than I'm thinking it is, but its something that's been confusing me as you've posted pictures of your journey.
    tis all good @DerpCity :) , so here is my reasoning:

first level: there are a huge amount of benefits of taking 1 level of monk:
    - cleave feat for free
    - evasion ability for free ( this is absolutely amazing )
    - more skill points, especially at level 1 which is nice
    - can use any monk item ( more specifically the things you can wear ) without the need of use magic device
    - +2 bonus to all saving throws ( which is a pretty nice little bonus )

so basically if you ever take a figthter level and was going to choose cleave as a feat, just take one level of monk instead, not only do you get cleave but you get a whole bunch of other awesomeness albeit with only 2 less HP

now the reason why i took a 2nd level:
    - another +1 bonus to all saves
    - a +1 bonus to hit ( which is what a fighter level would have given me anyway )
    - the deflect arrows feat ( although by the looks of it, it is bugged and doesnt work, which is kind of a let down because this was the main reason )

so with that second level of monk i still get the same BAB as a fighter, plus i get more saving throws, and mostly i wanted to do it for deflect arrows ( just for the lols/extra kick in the pants ) but to my dismay, deflect arrows doesnt work ( even in SoU i made a new character made it a monk and deflect arrows still doesnt seem to work )

so if melee beast is your bag, one level of monk is an absolute monster ( thanks to cleave and evasion ) 2 levels on the other hand, not quite as necessary, but even for a power gamer, it still works in my book, having amazing saves is just a nice touch

in SoU my level 1 monk with no items pretty much started with +7 to all saves, so im kind of trying the monk out to see if it lives up to the hype
    update on deflect arrows, it actually does work, but it strictly only works for arrows, i suppose it doesnt work if you are using a two handed weapon, but it works if you have a torch in hand though haha
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    @sarevok57 Your deflect arrows is not working because you are using that scythe. According to the NWN Wiki, you need to have either an empty main hand slot or an empty off hand slot to use deflect arrows. Your two-handed scythe is taking up both hands.