Skip to content

How to finish quests 'Recovering "Soultaker"' manually via LUA-console?

The quest appears fundamentally bugged: When searching for the 'Soultaker Dagger' in 'Near Infinity' it shows me it being present at the mirror-room, the lowest level of the Mad Dwarf's keep, Durlag. I have visited that room after already having slain the demon and the item did not appear to be there anywhere.

Therefore I spawned it in my inventory with EE-Keeper. When approaching 'Hurgan', he told me to recover the dagger quickly, which irritated me, since it already was spawned in my inventory. When I left the inn, a groupe of cultists attacked me.

'Hurgan' acknowledged at least that one event and sent me to recover it once more, this time from the cultists next door, where the item again did not spawn.

Therefore I spawned it once more in my inventory with EE-Keeper. When approaching 'Hurgan' with it this time, he again keeps telling me to recover it quickly, just this time from the cultists, which I did?

TL;DR: I'm playing on v2.5.10 and got the console up and running. I just want to find out how to finish these quests via it?

Comments

• PaulaMigratePaulaMigrate Member Posts: 1,201
    It goes like this (and maybe you broke it with your manipulations):
    - You find the dagger on the demon knight in Durlag's tower after you killed him.
    - You travel to Ulgoth's Beard and get ambushed by the cultist and lose the dagger
    - you talk to Hurgan at the inn and he tells you to recover it
    - you find the cultists in the warehouse nearby
    - you fight the demon and the cultists, the dagger will not re-appear because it was destroyed in summoning the demon
    - after you defeated the demon and cultists, you go back to Hurgan and the quest is finished.
  • StarhowlStarhowl Member Posts: 39
    edited February 2018
    Thank you very much for the information, but the demon that was supposed to spawn did not appear. Is there any way to make him appear or finish the quest with losing as little informational content as possible?
  • PaulaMigratePaulaMigrate Member Posts: 1,201
    Starhowl said:

Thank you very much for the information, but the demon that was supposed to spawn did not appear. Is there any way to make him appear or finish the quest with losing as little informational content as possible?

How far are you in the sequence?
    When you lost the dagger in the ambush and talked to Hurgar, you go to the warehouse in the west of the market square. There are cultist guards outside and many more inside the building. You defeat them and go to the basement. (AR1002)
    The leader of the cultist Tracea Carol will talk to you and you will learn that the demon is already summoned.
    After the talk, there will be a circle of cultists and the tanaari in their middle. You cannot kill the demon as long as one of the cultists is still alive.

If you go to the basement and the cultists are not there, check those globals
    C:GetGlobal("Cult1","GLOBAL") this must be 1
    C:GetGlobal("Cult63Spawn","GLOBAL") this must be 0
  • StarhowlStarhowl Member Posts: 39
    edited February 2018
    Thank you very much for the information provided; indeed there was a staircase down where all the cultists gathered!