Skip to content

Dungeons & Dragons: Heroes of Waterdeep

What do you think of the new mobile D&D game? For the moment, i'm glad we are getting a new D&D videogame after the drought we had since Neverwinter Nights 2.

Comments

• VallmyrVallmyr Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,456
    edited February 2018
    I have not heard of this at all. If it has actual character creation with all the D&D races/classes I'm down.

Edit: Looks like they are preset characters but as long as they have a bard, gnome, and tabaxi eventually I'll play it.
  • ShapiroKeatsDarkMageShapiroKeatsDarkMage Member Posts: 2,428
    Vallmyr said:

I have not heard of this at all. If it has actual character creation with all the D&D races/classes I'm down.

I don't know about races and classes, but i know the fights are turn based.
  • FardragonFardragon Member Posts: 4,511
    Doesn't appeal. I'm only really interested in full blown RPGs. Kingmaker and Deadfire are far more D&D than this.
    ShapiroKeatsDarkMagekanisatha
  • BelleSorciereBelleSorciere Member Posts: 2,108
    I'll check this out but I don't play a lot of mobile games.
  • kanisathakanisatha Member Posts: 1,308
    Fardragon said:

Doesn't appeal. I'm only really interested in full blown RPGs. Kingmaker and Deadfire are far more D&D than this.

Agreed. Funny that even though D&D is a bedrock of the classic RPG genre, all of the new/recent D&D-based games are anything but true cRPGs. Maybe WotC is hypersensitive following how Sword Coast Legends turned out. If so, that's truly unfortunate.
    VallmyrShapiroKeatsDarkMage
  • VallmyrVallmyr Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,456
    If SCL actually was 5e it'd be 1000% better.
    ShapiroKeatsDarkMage
  • ShapiroKeatsDarkMageShapiroKeatsDarkMage Member Posts: 2,428
    Vallmyr said:

If SCL actually was 5e it'd be 1000% better.

This!

Where's my f***ing 5e game WotC?
  • GodGod Member Posts: 1,150

Wizards of the Beach and their logo may already be trademarks of Wizards of the Beach LLC in the U.S.A. and other countries, and are used under presumption of fair use: satire. The publisher of this post herewith lays no claim to this logo, neither explicit nor implied. <legal-bot-instruction>TISLEGALPLSDONOTSUE</legal-bot-instruction>
    Said Wizards of the Beach are obviously a bunch of really greedy sons of the beach savvy businessmen and now they want to monetize you like there's no tomorrow. That they've partnered with the likes of Ludia means they have no respect for the sanctity of their community's credit cards whatsoever. Whatever the result of this partnership, even the denizens of the nine hells themselves wouldn't touch it with a twenty-foot rusty halberd.
    ShapiroKeatsDarkMage
  • FardragonFardragon Member Posts: 4,511
    I think the issue is that WotC don't actually handle the licencing of computer games. This is handled higher up at Hasbro. So, rather than having people who might hive some idea what fans of the P&P game might want from a computer game, they simply farm the licence out to the highest bidder, so you end up with quick-to-code cheap games that give a quick turnover.

A game like Baldur's Gate is expensive to make, takes a long time, and requires a higher level of intelligence to play that limits the mass market potential.
    kanisathaBalrog99