Skip to content

Cannot find 'Sugar' in chapter 7 in 'Northwest Baldur's Gate'

StarhowlStarhowl Member Posts: 39
She doesn't appear to be inside 'Entar Silvershield Estate' nor within its walls. Some speak of her as a courtesan, others as a prostitute. Is there a specific time of day that she's around?

Apparently according to dialogue discovered within 'Near Infinity' she does exist and is active in the evening, but I can't pinpoint her exact location by searching the 'SAV'-files. Maybe that's because my savegame is from the day?

Comments

• ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    Sugar? That name isn't familiar to me. Are you using any mods?
  • StarhowlStarhowl Member Posts: 39
    edited February 2018
    Not at all; she does exist indeed within the database according to 'Near Infinity'.

Update: Found her to be in the North East corner of 'Baldur's Gate North West'.
  • PaulaMigratePaulaMigrate Member Posts: 1,201
    edited February 2018
    ThacoBell said:

Sugar? That name isn't familiar to me. Are you using any mods?

She's one of those who gives you a hint to what has happened to Scar after Candlekeep. Nothing really important since she will only point you to the dwarf in the Blushing Mermaid. You can find Ivanne without her help just as well,
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    Wow, I never once encountered this character in all the years I've played. I love that I can still learn new things about this game 15+ years later.
  • PaulaMigratePaulaMigrate Member Posts: 1,201
    edited February 2018
    ThacoBell said:

Wow, I never once encountered this character in all the years I've played. I love that I can still learn new things about this game 15+ years later.

Same with me.
    I just weeks ago installed the new Corwin mod and with her in party it gets worth exploring BG City again during chapter7. It makes you aware of a number of hidden events that have been there all the time but you missed because you are trying to avoid jail and play that part too fast.
    Those are not mod added NPCs, just some you may miss, like all the flaming fists that oppose Angelo and give you hints, and Tamoko, Husam, Ivanne, Sugar, the guy near the poisoned Duke, Harbormaster etc.
  • KuselKusel Member Posts: 50
    Haven't seen Sugar before but I just leave under candlekeep and I have new corwin in party. I will check all these NPCs listed out today.
  • tbone1tbone1 Member Posts: 1,985
    I saw Sugar for the first time on a recent run. Only took me 18 years to find her. Me so S-M-R-T smart!
  • BleriotBleriot Member Posts: 31

ThacoBell said:

Same with me.
    I just weeks ago installed the new Corwin mod and with her in party it gets worth exploring BG City again during chapter7. It makes you aware of a number of hidden events that have been there all the time but you missed because you are trying to avoid jail and play that part too fast.
    Those are not mod added NPCs, just some you may miss, like all the flaming fists that oppose Angelo and give you hints, and Tamoko, Husam, Ivanne, Sugar, the guy near the poisoned Duke, Harbormaster etc.
    The Corwin mod is here http://www.shsforums.net/topic/59648-mod-corwin-npc-for-eet/ is missing in the official list of Beamdog.
  • ThelsThels Member Posts: 1,416
    Bleriot said:

The Corwin mod is here http://www.shsforums.net/topic/59648-mod-corwin-npc-for-eet/ is missing in the official list of Beamdog.

It's an EET exclusive mod. The mods listed in the sticky threads are BGEE and BG2EE compatible mods, which that mod is not compatible with, so it only makes sense.

It would be nice to have an EET compatible mod list on the forum, but there's already one on the EET boards, and keeping 2 of them up to date is only annoying.