Skip to content

[Tool] QDMULTI: A Library for Multiclass Kits

Comments

• AquadrizztAquadrizzt Member Posts: 1,065
    From now on, this library will be maintained on GitHub. The newest version of this library is linked to in the top post of this thread.

If you encounter any issues with this software, please let me know so I may update it.
  • Gel87Gel87 Member Posts: 158
    Hi, i got a problem where my kensai/ninja assassin dont benefit from the thief clab at higher levels. Maby you know how to fix it? :-)

Link with kits uploaded here, dont mind the first page, that is old solved stuff:
    http://www.shsforums.net/topic/58664-need-help-with-fmc-kit/page-2#entry593348
    @Gel87 , first thing to do is to update to the new version available on Github (link in top post). I fixed an issue that caused class abilities granted at higher than 10th level from being awarded. Let me know if that fixes your issues.

@Gel87 , first thing to do is to update to the new version available on Github (link in top post). I fixed an issue that caused class abilities granted at higher than 10th level from being awarded. Let me know if that fixes your issues.

Thanks a lot :-) i Will download the newest version next time i am on my laptop :-)
    edited March 2017

Hi,

I tryed the new tables on a new kit. A fmt.

Can't install due to this error:

ERROR: Failure("Unknown function: qd_multiclass_tables")

Other info:
    The F and T clabs are existing.
    The M clab is new, however copied and pretty fast in the kit.(like normal).
    There are a bunch of new spells and items, like 40 or so. Not all used in clab ofc.

Could you help me sort this out? :)

Edit:
    I also upgraded to weidu newest version, did not help...
    Uploaded kit, which fails to install.
    Post edited by Gel87 on
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Gel87 said:

Hi,

I tryed the new tables on a new kit. A fmt.

Can't install due to this error:

ERROR: Failure("Unknown function: qd_multiclass_tables")

Other info:
    The F and T clabs are existing.
    The M clab is new, however copied and pretty fast in the kit.(like normal).
    There are a bunch of new spells and items, like 40 or so. Not all used in clab ofc.

Could you help me sort this out? :)

Edit:
    I also upgraded to weidu newest version, did not help...
    Uploaded kit, which fails to install.
    I found it out, it was some old stuff from before.
    This was old from a copy of the earlier version of QD multiclass, who i had copied from other kit when making this kit. I just made it unreadeble for weidu and bam works^^
    //LAF qd_multiclass_tables STR_VAR mc_dir = ~GESKKIT/MultiClass~ END
  • webspyderwebspyder Member Posts: 27
    Creating a F/C with the Dwarven Defender kit doesn't get the hit die right. It says it is 9hp per level (avg of 10+8) instead of 10hp (avg of 12+8).
    @webspyder, you need to manually define the hp table via hpclass.2da. If the average is a d10, you could just give it the Fighter's hp table (HPWAR).
    edited July 2017
    @Aquadrizzt How? It still uses the F/C entry on the table.
    I believe you need to award the difference via clab abilities; I don't think multiclass kits actually follow the hpclass.2da tables. So to make up the average difference, you would give the character +1 HP per level for each level between 1st and 9th.

I believe you need to award the difference via clab abilities; I don't think multiclass kits actually follow the hpclass.2da tables. So to make up the average difference, you would give the character +1 HP per level for each level between 1st and 9th.

Wouldn't that require making it an entirely new kit and therefore able to be put in hpclass?
    Are you adding a kit to an existing character via EEKeeper or are you trying to make a kit that appears in character creation and properly grants CLAB abilities?
    I am applying an existing kit, Dwarven Defender, during character creation, to a Fighter/Cleric.
    Post or send me your WeiDu code?
    Didn't have to use WeiDu. qd_multi is already installed. Just modified K_FC_D.2da with the kit ID for Dwarven Defender.
    QD_MULTI is a library for installation; it won't automatically allow classes to behave properly by adding them to the Kit Tables.
    Version 0.3 of QD_MULTI is available on Github (check the top post).

It removes the requirement to include any files other than the .tpa in your mod structure, changes the point at which certain files are installed, and otherwise simplifies usage slightly.
    StummvonBordwehrGrammarsalad
  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    edited January 2018
    Two questions:

1) The LAF qd_multiclass needs to be used instead the fl#add_kit_ee or with it?

2) Using this makes the multiclass mandatory for the kit or optional? Can a Fighter/Cleric kit (designed as [P]riest) be used by a single-class Cleric?

Thanks!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited January 2018
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

This line should be included before you use the ADD_KIT function (if you are adding a new kit).

INCLUDE ~your/folders/here/qd_multiclass.tpa~ 
    This line should be included after you use the ADD_KIT function (if you are adding a new kit).
    LAF qd_multiclass
    STR_VAR
    kit_name = ~kitname~ //the internal name for your kit (e.g. QDMAGUS)
    kit_clab = ~kitclab~ //the internal name of your kit's clab file, without the .2da extension
    base_class = ~X~ // this can take 6 values: [F]ighter, [P]riest, [D]ruid, [R]anger, [M]age, [T]hief
    END
    Let's say I'm not exactly adding a new kit, but altering one that already exists (like Helm). How do I apply this function in that scenario?

Thanks!

edited February 2018
    And this function failed to be used on a kit I'm building:
    Creating file QD_MC_AP.eff; 272 bytes
    Copying and patching 1 file ...
    Copied [.../fl-inlined/tmp] to [override/QD_MC_AP.eff]

Creating file QD_MC_GA.eff; 272 bytes
    Copying and patching 1 file ...
    Copied [.../fl-inlined/tmp] to [override/QD_MC_GA.eff]
    DELETE_BYTES out of bounds - file is long 114, point given is 114, bytes were 248
    Stopping installation because of error.

ERROR Installing [Install kit: Heartwarder of Sune], rolling back to previous state
    Unable to Unlink [DeitiesOfFaerun/Backup/1/OTHER.1]: Unix.Unix_error(1, "unlink", "DeitiesOfFaerun/Backup/1/OTHER.1")
    [DeitiesOfFaerun/Backup/1/UNSETSTR.1] SET_STRING uninstall info not found
    Will uninstall 79 files for [DEITIESOFFAERUN/DEITIESOFFAERUN.TP2] component 1.
    Uninstalled 79 files for [DEITIESOFFAERUN/DEITIESOFFAERUN.TP2] component 1.
    Unable to Unlink [DeitiesOfFaerun/Backup/1/READLN.1]: Unix.Unix_error(20, "unlink", "DeitiesOfFaerun/Backup/1/READLN.1")
    Unable to Unlink [DeitiesOfFaerun/Backup/1/READLN.1.TEXT]: Unix.Unix_error(20, "unlink", "DeitiesOfFaerun/Backup/1/READLN.1.TEXT")
    DEITIESOFFAERUN/DEITIESOFFAERUN.TP2 0 0 Installed ~Base Cleric Changes (required for all components)~
    ERROR: Failure("DELETE_BYTES out of bounds")
    PLEASE email the file SETUP-DEITIESOFFAERUN.DEBUG to Raduziel
    Using Language [English]
    [English] has 2 top-level TRA files
    [DeitiesOfFaerun/Tra/English/setup.tra] has 30 translation strings
    [DeitiesOfFaerun/Tra/English/DeitiesOfFaerun.tra] has 119 translation strings

Install Component [Install kit: Heartwarder of Sune]?
    [I]nstall, or [N]ot Install or [Q]uit? Saving This Log:
    DEITIESOFFAERUN/DEITIESOFFAERUN.TP2 0 0 Installed ~Base Cleric Changes (required for all components)~
    [DeitiesOfFaerun/Tra/English/setup.tra] has 30 translation strings
    [DeitiesOfFaerun/Tra/English/DeitiesOfFaerun.tra] has 119 translation strings

SUCCESSFULLY INSTALLED Base Cleric Changes (required for all components)

NOT INSTALLED DUE TO ERRORS Install kit: Heartwarder of Sune
    @Aquadrizzt , any ideas?
    Ok, I had some progress, I think.

I was able to make this code install. Apparently, you need a subfolder with several files that are not listed on the first post and is not at Github, but I could figure this out by reversing engineering Eldritch Magic.

I installed this kit both as a Single and as a Multiclass kit and in both situations, I gave it to Quayle.

The result: the kit does not respect the proficiency restriction I enforced on the code, it just takes whatever the base class can use and applies.
    edited February 2018
    I made one file using, let's say K_C_G and another one using K_CM_G.

I was able to make this work, thanks :)

And yes, there is an entire folder that needs to exist and is not on Github. I respectfully stoled it from M&G for testing.

Edit: I was creating a multiclass version of Helm to see how it would behave on Anomen.
    Raduziel
    To the best of my knowledge, it should work just fine right now. If not, I'll check it out, but I do remember uploading my changes to remove the need for a folder.
    edited February 2018
    Just to clarify:

The tpa requires the subfolder. Unless @Aquadrizzt altered something in the means time on GitHub since yesterday.

The no-respect to proficiency was my fault. I filled a field wrongly.

This works like a charm (at least with the subfolder it does).

Sorry about this confusion.
    Post edited by Raduziel on