Skip to content

So how long until we can move the dialogue window over?

It's brutal on an otherwise lovely ultrawide. I know tearing apart and rebuilding the UI will be a longer-term process fraught with agony and peril, but man -- a fix for this by spring would be nice.

Comments

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
    It depends on the UI refactor.
  • StaranStaran Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 295
    About an hour. Good enough?
  • SkipBittmanSkipBittman Member Posts: 146
    Over 30 minutes? Does that mean I get free garlic bread?

Seeing the UI refactor/investigation go into the icebox isn't very hopeful. Is there a short term mod or font solution to this, really enjoying everything otherwise.
  • SkipBittmanSkipBittman Member Posts: 146
    Any chance of the UI thing happening this year for PC? All that stuff for the Android version I suppose will be backported after the rendering engine is tackled?

My poor neck -- craning to the left to read either teeny or utterly blurry fonts what with the lack of proper scaling and those windows still jammed into the corner, my ridiculously poor neck -- stiff and wonky from a car accident years ago and never the same since, cries out for relief! Imploring expression. Puppy dog eyes. Pause for audience sympathy. Gets none due to giant, slightly too expensive ultrawide monitor.

COUGH road map COUGH
  • DrakonDrakon Member Posts: 47
    edited April 2019
    I've ordered an ultrawide and am simply planning to playing the game on a non ultrawide resolution if it's too much. I like your self-deprecating comment @SkipBittman but in all seriousness if it's causing you physical pain I'd recommend doing the same. I assume that playing pillarboxed on an ultrawide is similar to the experience without an ultrawide.

EDIT: Also from what I gathered so far from their videos and the trello it seems that UI movability is a priority coming soon after the current work on the new renderer and 64-bit. They already did a lot of the work when making the mobile release, and just need to port it and make it more customizable.
  • FreshLemonBunFreshLemonBun Member Posts: 909
    I would caution against being too optimistic with expectations, there has been some stuff in the "short term active < 3 months" roadmap for over a year.