Skip to content

Deleting Pre-Genned Characters Using Near Infinity (BG:EE)

I was able to delete the pre-genned characters in IWD:EE Near Infinity, so just my own are listed during party-gen... however, I can't for the life of me figure out how to delete the generic characters (Abdel, Canderous, etc.) for BG:EE. I can find the .CHR files in the MISC.biff, but the option to delete is grayed out. I can export them to Override, but if you delete them there it obviously does nothing to the files in the biff. Is there a reason these can't be removed? Just out of luck?

Comments

• RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714

I was able to delete the pre-genned characters in IWD:EE Near Infinity, so just my own are listed during party-gen...

That can be done? How??
  • ThelsThels Member Posts: 1,416
    Perhaps you can't delete below a certain minimum number of characters? The interface doesn't seem to handle not enough characters to fill the list very well.
  • HaHaCharadeHaHaCharade Member Posts: 1,643
    Raduziel said:

I was able to delete the pre-genned characters in IWD:EE Near Infinity, so just my own are listed during party-gen...

That can be done? How??
    There was actually another post on this, where I figured out IWD:EE. Still can't figure out BG:EE. Here's the steps for IWD.

When you say go into MISC.BIF, how do you do this? I can edit MISC.BIF but see no .CHR files in there. Like @Yulaw9460 , I can see the CHAR folder with 6 files on the left, but they are grayed out. How did you exactly transfer them from MISC.BIF to your Override folder?

Edit: Perhaps it changed with a recent patch... instead of MISC.BIF, I found 4 of the 6 pregenerated characters in CHAR.BIF... Still looking for the paladin and bard char files tho, they were strangely absent.

Edit #2: Found the other 2 chars in IWDEE.BIF :smile: Deleted all 6, and now I don't get pre-gen chars in the new game screen, except as the sample party.
  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    It was exactly the sample party that I was trying to get rid off.

HaHaCharade
  • Yulaw9460Yulaw9460 Member Posts: 634
    edited November 2018
    Deleted.
    Post edited by Yulaw9460 on
  • MelicampMelicamp Member Posts: 243
    Here's a quick solution that works.

https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/comment/961395
    HaHaCharadebleusteel