Skip to content

Login issues since they added the "punch"

Is anyone else have difficulty logging in.

Since the "punch patch" my players and I are having more trouble than ever logging into my server.

I sometimes can't even log into my server via internet, or LAN and it is running on my own PC. Meaning I am hosting and playing on the same machine.

I have never had these issues before. Just wondering if the new patch broke something while trying to add the "punch" to get through routers.

Comments

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
    Hello! Are you all on the same build (Stable 8159 or Development 8160)?
  • QuilistanQuilistan Member Posts: 177
    8159 I believe it was released two Fridays ago now. All my players should be on the same version.

We can eventually log in, but it sometimes takes several tries.

I noticed last night I could NOT log in, but once a friend of mine from another State logged in, I could log in with no issues. This also worked the opposite for him a bit earlier in the day (he was having trouble, I logged in, and then he had no issues).

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
    Players might have opted in the Development beta branch on Steam. We've just released the 8161 build under that branch.

Another thing to check would be if players' "player name" has been set to be saved as default. That may be a reason of problems.
  • QuilistanQuilistan Member Posts: 177
    I currently only have about 10 players, and I do know they did not chose the steam version.
    I do not have player names in my server vault (currently).