Skip to content

Coming to IOS mobile

Comments

• ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    @GreenWarlock But Beamdog have already stated that the 2.5 patch will come to all platforms and allow cross platform play. SoD's 2.5 patch is the focus after BGEE, BGEE2 and IWD have had their 2.5 drop.
  • GreenWarlockGreenWarlock Member Posts: 1,354
    @ThacoBell the issue is not the patch level, which we know is announced for simultaneous release on Mac App Store (heads-up: that took an extra two months for the last patch thanks to several App Store rejections, and I am not going to hold folks accountable for a delay outside their control). The question is whether SoD will be made available as a new product (DLC) through the Mac App Store that currently does not carry it? There have been no announcements that this is expected to happen, and a lot of assumptions that it would only be a matter of time have generally passed without comment from staffers.
  • StaranStaran Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 295
    Well bd doesn’t usually respond to forum posts.
    The forum is for the players.
    @GreenWarlock That was what my post was addressing. When the BG and IWD patch is released, SoD is next getting the 2.5 patch on ALL PLATFORMS.
    GreenWarlock
    Ah, thanks @ThacoBell, I see what you are saying now. I am not sure I buy that interpretation, as it would bee an odd way to non-announce support for new platforms. I read that as the patch coming to all supported platforms, and iOS and Android have been separately announced for that release. Time will tell which of us better divines BD marketing :)
    ThacoBell
    It would be odd to claim that 2.5 will bring all games up to parity and then not bring all games up to parity. Especially since 2.5 will drop for all the games.
    GreenWarlockStummvonBordwehr
  • tbone1tbone1 Member Posts: 1,985
    Yep, testing it here on my (oldish) iPad. So far so good except for a couple little things that I need to put into redmine.
    StummvonBordwehrJuliusBorisovGreenWarlock
  • GrumGrum Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,100
    I could test it on my iPhone 6. How do I sign up?
    StummvonBordwehrJuliusBorisov
  • bleusteelbleusteel Member Posts: 523
    Isn’t there an NDA or did Phil spill the beans already?
    StummvonBordwehrJuliusBorisov
  • StummvonBordwehrStummvonBordwehr Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,342
    edited February 2018
    No problemo @Grum and @bleusteel

You can sign up here:
    https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/69076/siege-of-dragonspear-tablet-beta-testers-needed

You will get an e-mail shortly after with an invite (I hope), and you can download the App test flight, and will be playing in no time.
    JuliusBorisovbleusteellolien
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    bleusteel said:

Isn’t there an NDA or did Phil spill the beans already?

There's no NDA for that (the first mention of it in the announcement (later edited out) was a mistake).
    bleusteel
  • bleusteelbleusteel Member Posts: 523
    Cool! Just got a big contract so I don’t have any time to test anything, but here’s hoping for SoD on tablets soonish so I can play during business travel!
    JuliusBorisov
  • proccoprocco Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 915
    Everyone will be pleasantly surprised with the quality of the tablet version!
    JuliusBorisovtbone1StummvonBordwehrPibaro
  • tbone1tbone1 Member Posts: 1,985
    procco said:

Everyone will be pleasantly surprised with the quality of the tablet version!

I have v2.4 on the iPad and love them. Testing Siege has me really looking forward to 2.5
    JuliusBorisovStummvonBordwehr
  • GrumGrum Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,100
    Just saying...it runs so well. I’m amazed.

All this time avoiding spoilers and it’s paying off
    GreenWarlockStummvonBordwehrJuliusBorisovprocco
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714

as every time I mention SoD on Mac App Store, I get no response, vs. other times I mention waiting for Mac App Store patches, which are always in the works.

GreenWarlock
    Thanks @JuliusBorisov. Not the news I wanted, but any news is better than no news, even if that news is officially No News :)
    JuliusBorisov
  • DonCzirrDonCzirr Member Posts: 165
    Quick question to Julius - will SOD have the same ability to send copies of the PC saved game files to the iPAD version for import via mail as BG1 /2 ?
    edited March 2018
    DonCzirr said:

Quick question to Julius - will SOD have the same ability to send copies of the PC saved game files to the iPAD version for import via mail as BG1 /2 ?

Hi @DonCzirr
    I am currently beta testing the ios version. And the current versions allow this:

From bg1 you can export to SoD and BG2
    From SoD you can export to bg1 and bg2
    From Bg2 you cant export directly.

Ps: the current version is looking very very good. No need for concern on the quality of the release...
    bleusteelJuliusBorisov
  • TorgrimmerTorgrimmer Member Posts: 331

DonCzirr said:

Hi @DonCzirr
    I am currently beta testing the ios version. And the current versions allow this:

From bg1 you can export to SoD and BG2
    From SoD you can export to bg1 and bg2
    From Bg2 you cant export directly.

Ps: the current version is looking very very good. No need for concern on the quality of the release...
    :( no Bg2 export sad Sunday for Joshy here.
  • DonCzirrDonCzirr Member Posts: 165
    Thanks for the info.

So - from what I've read, SOD is a separate release on IOS that does not need a BG 1 install?

If so, and I mail my saved games from SOD on PC, with a certain extension, would it launch the SOD App for import of the saved game files on IPAD?
    @Torgrimmer and @DonCzirr
    Not to worry. You can - with a few work arounds. Its the ios restrictions that gives the head ache.

If you have a character in Iwd, bg1+2 or SoD you can export it to dropbox (the dropbox app is for free in the app store). When exported you can rename it in Dropbox.

The names in dropbox is a such:
    Charname.bg2character.

You can rename it to:
    Charname.bg1character, or charname.iwdcharacter. Choose the one you want to export to.

You can then “open” the character in another app. Choose the app you renamed it to, and the character is exported.

It sounds a bit odd, but it works, and you will get the hang of it.

There is great thread in this forum (how to mod for ios mobile - methinks...). Luke93 and Subtledoctor has worked wonders and have found a way to mod the ios devices without jailbreak.
    TorgrimmerJuliusBorisov
  • TorgrimmerTorgrimmer Member Posts: 331

@Torgrimmer and @DonCzirr
    Not to worry. You can - with a few work arounds. Its the ios restrictions that gives the head ache.

If you have a character in Iwd, bg1+2 or SoD you can export it to dropbox (the dropbox app is for free in the app store). When exported you can rename it in Dropbox.

The names in dropbox is a such:
    Charname.bg2character.

You can rename it to:
    Charname.bg1character, or charname.iwdcharacter. Choose the one you want to export to.

You can then “open” the character in another app. Choose the app you renamed it to, and the character is exported.

It sounds a bit odd, but it works, and you will get the hang of it.

There is great thread in this forum (how to mod for ios mobile - methinks...). Luke93 and Subtledoctor has worked wonders and have found a way to mod the ios devices without jailbreak.

Thank you, Thank you :)
    StummvonBordwehrJuliusBorisov[Deleted User]
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • _Luke__Luke_ Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,535

You can rename it to:

Yeah but what about importing into SoD? Does "charname.sodcharacter" work?
    Yep, .sodcharacter should work...

You can rename it to:

Yeah but what about importing into SoD? Does "charname.sodcharacter" work?
    @subtledoctor and @Luke93
    Actually its the bg1character suffix that allows export into SoD.

So:” charname.bg1character”

You can then choose between export into either Bg1 or SoD. I think SoD is seen as an expansion to Bg1 on normal cpu’s and a stand alone game on the ios platform. This because of the 4gb size limit in the app store.

_Luke_
This discussion has been closed.