Skip to content

Installing 'Faith's and Powers mod'

kstevens67kstevens67 Member Posts: 41
Hi All,,

Has anyone been able to install the Faith's and Powers Mod on BGEE SoD? I know it's in beta, but I was under the impression it at least works now, even if it is not completely finished and if I may be doing something wrong.

I unpackage the contents of the file into my data/00806 folder (just like I do with any other Weidu mods) and run the Weidu Launcher.

It asks what I would like to do with each component (so far so good). I select (I) for Install them, but then it just skips all components automatically. I tried asking about each one and same thing. I also tried the same install method in BG 2 EE and it still skips all components.

What should be done with all components that are NOT YET installed?
[I]nstall them, [S]kip them, [A]sk about each one? I

SKIPPING: [Select an installation method below: -> install ALL of the new kits, AND the deity selection system, AND the sphere system]
IWD spells required!

SKIPPING: [new and revised cleric kits]
skipping component

SKIPPING: [Add Cleric of Lathander]
skipping component

SKIPPING: [Add Cleric of Tymora]
skipping component

SKIPPING: [Add Cleric of Helm]
skipping component

SKIPPING: [Add Cleric of Tempus]
skipping component

SKIPPING: [Add Cleric of Leira]
skipping component

SKIPPING: [Add Cleric of Loviatar]
skipping component

SKIPPING: [Add Cleric of Talos]
skipping component

SKIPPING: [Add Acolyte of Ilmater]
skipping component

SKIPPING: [Add Acolyte of Tempus]
skipping component

SKIPPING: [Add Acolyte of Mask]
skipping component

SKIPPING: [Add Acolyte of Shar]
skipping component

SKIPPING: [Add Incarnate of Mystra]
skipping component

SKIPPING: [new and revised druid kits]
skipping component

SKIPPING: [Add Mountain Druid]
skipping component

SKIPPING: [Add Jungle Druid]
skipping component

SKIPPING: [Add Desert Druid]
skipping component

SKIPPING: [Add Arctic Druid]
skipping component

SKIPPING: [Add Beast Mystic]
skipping component

SKIPPING: [Add Earth Mystic]
skipping component

SKIPPING: [Add Water Mystic]
skipping component

SKIPPING: [Add Air Mystic]
skipping component

SKIPPING: [Add Fire Mystic]
skipping component

SKIPPING: [Add Light Mystic]
skipping component

SKIPPING: [Add Shadow Mystic]
skipping component

SKIPPING: [Add Fate Mystic]
skipping component

SKIPPING: [Add Elementalist]
skipping component

SKIPPING: [Change item usability for priests]
skipping component

SKIPPING: [install Sphere System]
skipping component

Press ENTER to exit.

Comments

• AsprosAspros Member Posts: 3
    Where did you download the mod?
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • GrammarsaladGrammarsalad Member Posts: 2,582
    We should be more explicit about iwdification.

Here is the link:

http://gibberlings3.net/forums/index.php?app=downloads&showcat=86

I'm thinking that It's getting to be that time where we just convert all iwd priest spells for the mod

Yeah. My free time for the next month may disappear. But if this work stuff gets delayed, I can start working on the IWDEE spells - and hopefully get some volunteers to join in and help. My modding "to-do" list has dropped to almost nothing - IWDEE spells is the last project in front of me. So hopefully we can get it done soon-ish.

Luckily, i now have a lot of time ( relatively speaking).

I'll start converting spells now (i like to have a few projects I front if me so i can switch up when one gets too tedious or frustrating).

@subtledoctor let me know if you find those volunteers.
  • CharlestonianTemplarCharlestonianTemplar Member Posts: 855
    @subtledoctor Has there been any any updates on this string? I just installed Deities of Faerun and it references this mod. I fould something about it the other day, but can't put my finger on it again.

What I like about this mod is that it appears to pull in Paladins. Makes perfect sense. I'd like to drop this into my BG/TotSCEE install.

Any feedback is appreciated. Thanks, CT
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited March 2018
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    CharlestonianTemplar
    edited March 2018
    Contemplative_Hamster
  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    edited March 2018
    I'm importing every IWDEE spell that I need for DoF (and yeah, @Grammarsalad did a heroic job) and renaming them, so there is no need for IWDification or B_Spells.

DoF can run on its own, but as I say on my thread I strongly recommend that FnP's sphere system is used as it adds a lot of flavors for the kits.

About installing DoF and FnP: the only kits from DoF that need to be installed before FnP are Tempus, Tyr, Helm, Lathander, and Talos.

DoF makes some alterings on the Base Class Cleric (allow it to use any weapon), but IDK how this impacts FnP (if impacts at all).

Long story short: you can add IWDification before or after DoF, it will not impact the game.

@subtledoctor : Any forecast with the Mask summon table issue? Nevermind, the error was in my end.
    Post edited by Raduziel on
    edited March 2018
    edited March 2018
    @subtledoctor I never installed DoF with IWDification, but there is no reason for them to interfere with each other. I renamed every single spell and resource that I got from IWD forecasting possible conflicts.

So let's say, a spell that is SPPR322.spl on IWDEE is called RASP322.spl, and its bams are RASP322b.bam and RASP322c.bam, and so it goes.

When installing on IWD, DoF only COPY_EXISTING and SPELL_TO_INNATE.

As the spells are only given as special abilities/innates, they won't appear doubled on the spellbook or something like that. The only odd situation would be a mod giving special abilities to my kits, what I don't think it is possible.

I didn't use ADD_SPELL at all because i) it was not needed and ii) would possibly create a double entry on the spellbooks if IWDification or B_Spells were used with DoF.

TL;DR: Never tested, can't see a reason to conflict.

Edit: There are two kits IIRC that lets the cleric cast some wizard's spells as a cleric's spell. I can't remember who they are from the top of my head. When I reach them I'll think about a strategy to add the spells to the cleric's spellbook without double entries.
    [Deleted User]Wise_Grimwald
    Raduziel
    I will keep that in mind if I find any issue related to this sort of conflict. Thanks! :)
  • Wise_GrimwaldWise_Grimwald Member Posts: 3,848
    edited January 2019
    We should be more explicit about iwdification. Here is the link: http://gibberlings3.net/forums/index.php?app=downloads&showcat=86 I'm thinking that It's getting to be that time where we just convert all iwd priest spells for the mod
    A broken link at the top of the page 1 I'm afraid. :(

Also I believe that DoF stands for Deities of Faerun. That isn't stated explicitly on this thread. Confirmatioin would be appreciated as not everyone understands all the TLAs (Three letter acronyms) that are in common usage on the board.
    edited January 2019

We should be more explicit about iwdification.

Here is the link:

http://gibberlings3.net/forums/index.php?app=downloads&showcat=86

I'm thinking that It's getting to be that time where we just convert all iwd priest spells for the mod

A broken link at the top of the page 1 I'm afraid. :(

Also I believe that DoF stands for Deities of Faerun. That isn't stated explicitly on this thread. Confirmatioin would be appreciated as not everyone understands all the TLAs (Three letter acronyms) that are in common usage on the board.

Edit: something wrong with quote. My response is below this edit.

I'm not sure what I was linking to, but I'm doing what I said in the text: converting all priest (and mage) spells. I'm done, just need to add to fnp
    Post edited by Grammarsalad on
    @Wise_Grimwald

Yes, DoF = Deities of Faerûn