Skip to content

Hey, I'm new here.

Hey, old BG series player coming in. I decided to go big with every Enhanced Edition under the sun, realizing I've basically started BG2 at like 7 or 8, now I get a lot more the rules to be honest. But man, Monks from D&D2.0 suck hard.

Comments

• joluvjoluv Member Posts: 2,137
    High level Monks will kick you apart...

...but it takes a long time to get there.
  • MrPaytwickMrPaytwick Member Posts: 4
    Well, reaching level 6 wasn't easy, but my character is decent here (I had a quite high creation roll), but Rasaad is wet noodle tier of usefulness in an adventuring party.

Now waiting to reach level 14+ to punch holes and be virtually magic immune. It's just the MAD aspect of the monk that put me off.
  • tbone1tbone1 Member Posts: 1,985
    Welcome! I hope you enjoy your stay. This is a good group (mostly), but different. Not bad, mind you, but different.
  • Garvin77Garvin77 Member Posts: 52
    edited February 2018
    tbone1 said:

Welcome! I hope you enjoy your stay. This is a good group (mostly), but different. Not bad, mind you, but different.

@MrPaytwick: Just be wary of those bearing cookies. They call themselves 'friends', but their true intentions are questionable, if unknowable. *cough* @Nimran *cough* Methinks I should be lucky they did not extend their sweet-filled hands in 'friendship' toward me.
    joluv said:

High level Monks will kick you apart [...] but it takes a long time to get there.

Indeed. @MrPaytwick, be patient, and Rasaad will kick (great-)axe! :D
  • NimranNimran Member Posts: 4,875
    How rude! My :cookie:s are clean! *except for the mind control bots inserted into them*

Speaking of which, have one! :cookie:
  • ber5nie5ber5nie5 Member Posts: 426
    welcome! never played a monk. sounds like one would really rock at lvl 14 though. most importantly, have fun! :)
  • AtrophiedericAtrophiederic Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 147
    Welcome to these great times, game fan!
  • TorgrimmerTorgrimmer Member Posts: 331
    Darn, @Nimran beat me this time with his cookie, well i have a good excuse; Im in the hospital.
  • ber5nie5ber5nie5 Member Posts: 426

Darn, @Nimran beat me this time with his cookie, well i have a good excuse; Im in the hospital.

omg! hope it's not serious. :o