Skip to content

Do you also hear mosquitoes in Nashkel?

I know it sounds like a silly question, but when I wander in Nashkel, I seem to hear a mosquito. So I remove my earphones, try to localize a mosquito in my bedroom, but can't find it.

Then, when I put my earphones again, I happen to hear a mosquito. Is it in Nashkel's soundtrack or is it just me? :D

Comments

• ChroniclerChronicler Member Posts: 1,391
    Been a while since I played with the sound on but that sounds right. You'll hear various creatures as you travel about.
  • UnderstandMouseMagicUnderstandMouseMagic Member Posts: 2,147

Just checked for you.

In the day a lot of birdsong, an expert could probably identify some of the different calls. Definitely a warbler in there.

At night crickets, frogs, I think, and mosquitoes.

It's a wonderful soundtrack, @Chronicler you are missing a lot.
  • StaranStaran Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 295
    They sadly have a malaria problem
  • jasteyjastey Member Posts: 2,671
    I play a lot without sound, so I didn't know this! I need to use my headphones in Nahskel soon.
  • ChroniclerChronicler Member Posts: 1,391
    Before the Enhanced Editions, the large portions of the soundtrack wouldn't play on new computers. Often you'd be traveling and all you'd hear is the birds, crickets, etc.

Still think that's one of the cooler things the Enhanced Editions did. Whenever anybody's talking about the features of the Enhanced Editions they never mention the sound just flatout being busted in the originals.
  • UnderstandMouseMagicUnderstandMouseMagic Member Posts: 2,147
    Staran said:

They sadly have a malaria problem

Too far north.
  • tbone1tbone1 Member Posts: 1,985
    Maybe for malaria, but have you seen video of the mosquito hatches in Canada and Alaska? Even eco-hippies would praise DDT if they were caught in those swarms