Skip to content

March 2 Livestream Recap

JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,723
Greetings!

Enjoy the recap of today's stream.

http://blog.beamdog.com/2018/03/march-2-livestream-recap.html

Comments

• GreenWarlockGreenWarlock Member Posts: 1,354
    Release date for SoD on tablets! Follow the link above, I leak no spoilers!! :)

Does this mean that Mac App Store will be the only EE platform without access to SoD now, or are there others I missed (too easy to focus on your own issues and not see others!)
  • TorgrimmerTorgrimmer Member Posts: 331
    Makes me happy with the progress of this edition to Beamdog name. Also so happy for SoD for Phone and Tablets. Keep up the work guys.
  • ThelsThels Member Posts: 1,416
    edited March 2018
    Is it me, or is the video very choppy? Youtube says it's playing at 60 FPS, but it felt more like 6 FPS.

So, IWDEE 2nd beta update will hit on the 5th of March, with BG2EE 2nd beta coming somewhere after IWDEE, BGEE 2nd beta coming somewhere after BG2EE, and SOD beta coming somewhere after BGEE. Meanwhile, SOD for tablets will be released on the 8th of March.

Things just don't seem to make a lot of sense.

Does this mean that Mac App Store will be the only EE platform without access to SoD now, or are there others I missed (too easy to focus on your own issues and not see others!)

Didn't they specifically include the App Store?

It's odd that SoD wasn't even ready for beta testing, but all of a sudden, it's ready for Tablets before the end of the week?
    Post edited by Thels on
  • GreenWarlockGreenWarlock Member Posts: 1,354
    @Thels - no, andJulius has since linked to a tweet (as twitter is traditionally the main news vehicle for BeamDog) that there is officially No News about SoD for Mac via the App Store. No news is not "not happening" but probably means to stop asking until after the 2.5 release actually happens, as we are still on the 1.3 engine (unlike iOS and Android).
  • rede9rede9 Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 1,947
    Did Phil say the IE 2.5 patches release order will be: IWD (March fifth) -BG2-BG-SoD? (17m12s)

What will the frequency be? One for week?
  • ThelsThels Member Posts: 1,416
    Nope, those weren't the patches, but the next public beta updates.
    edited March 2018
    Thels said:

Nope, those weren't the patches, but the next public beta updates.

Yes, my bad, I meant next beta too. My issues is I've got only BG1 on Beamdog Client. I've got the others on GOG. Maybe I can take them from a friend's Steam library bindings our accounts...

Anyway... my question is still here: what will the frequency be?
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,723
    rede9 said:

Did Phil say the IE 2.5 patches release order will be: IWD (March fifth) -BG2-BG-SoD? (17m12s)

What will the frequency be? One for week?

Still TBD, but yes, it may be one patch per week.
  • lefreutlefreut Member Posts: 1,462

Still TBD, but yes, it may be one patch per week.

And the first one should be today \o/
  • BelegCuthalionBelegCuthalion Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 453
    and here it is – IWD :)
  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    THIS!

Add "Take All" button to containers (29868)
    edited March 2018

I have just counted - there're 100 issues addressed by these patch notes. What is your favourite?

Mine is this:

Screenshots should be taken in the PNG format (31237)
    No those big sized BMPs which are a pain to load into playthrough threads anymore!

I'm proud to see fixed the bugs I flagged. But I choose this: https://support.baldursgate.com/issues/34301
    Keybinding for Quick Loot should still work after reloading the game

Post edited by rede9 on
    @JuliusBorisov Will the Tempus' kit be ported from IWDEE to BG(2)EE?

I think I read something about it, but I'm not sure.

PS: The Beamblog really should make use of the "Recent Posts" menu. I don't know if it is an issue on my end, but clicking on this menu doesn't open a list. So everytime I want to learn about something I need to dig through the Popular Posts.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,723
    Raduziel said:

@JuliusBorisov Will the Tempus' kit be ported from IWDEE to BG(2)EE?

I think I read something about it, but I'm not sure.

PS: The Beamblog really should make use of the "Recent Posts" menu. I don't know if it is an issue on my end, but clicking on this menu doesn't open a list. So everytime I want to learn about something I need to dig through the Popular Posts.

Can you provide a screenshot? Don't you see posts on the blog by their date by default? From the most recent one to old posts.

The Priest of Tempus comes to BG:EE, BG2:EE and SoD with the 2.5 patch, yes.
    @JuliusBorisov

Thanks for the Tempus answer.

About the SS:

Clicking on "Popular Posts", a lot of entries.

Clicking on "Recent Posts", not a single entry.

I see now. I'll pass it to the Team. To tell the truth, I've never used those tabs, preferring to manually go through all the posts (to the right of them).