Skip to content

PaintBG for all BG platforms

124»

Comments

• EtaminEtamin Member Posts: 830
    edited July 2015
    I just created package of artastrophe portaits for Baldur's Gate 2: Enhanced Edition. The main difference between my package and the one from first post of this topic is that I deleted characters which don't exist in Baldur's Gate 2 game. Rest is almost the same. Inside are also two old folders with portraits for main character and for NPCs from Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition created by me 1 year ago (details in my post at previous page). With this batch (and BG1 NPC Project mod, which is mandatory or at least highy recommendable) we have artastrophe style portraits for all joinable NPCs, most prominent non-joinable NPCs in both games and for your own character (over 80 portraits to chose from).

LINK: https://www.sendspace.com/file/qnskr9.
    Maranlolien
  • MaranMaran Member Posts: 42
    Etamin said:

I just created package of artastrophe portaits for Baldur's Gate 2: Enhanced Edition. The main difference between my package and the one from first post of this topic is that I deleted characters which don't exist in Baldur's Gate 2 game. Rest is almost the same. Inside are also two old folders with portraits for main character and for NPCs from Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition created by me 1 year ago (details in my post at previous page). With this batch (and BG1 NPC Project mod, which is mandatory or at least highy recommendable) we have artastrophe style portraits for all joinable NPCs, most prominent non-joinable NPCs in both games and for your own character (over 80 portraits to chose from).

LINK: https://www.sendspace.com/file/qnskr9.

You sir, are a shining golden god. Current (At time of this post) Spellhold Studios AND G3 are down. Idk why or if the issues are linked. But I haven't been able to get this set FOR BGEE2. I thank you.

Though, the downloader for sendspace is...evil. And I (being half awake at the moment) forgot to uncheck the downloader box...tip for future folks!
    lolien
    edited August 2015
    Your welcome :). Sendspace may be a little bit slow, but at least package is not deleted. I will use this opportunity to ask again about Siege of Dragonspear NPC portraits. @LavaDelVortel do you plan to make them with artastrophe? I would be highly disppointed if no. I plan to start EET run with new expanion and your portraits are mandatory for me. Without those 4 new portraits run will be... flawed.
    Maranlolien
    Since SoD is around a corner, do you plan to make portraits for Siege of Dragonspear NCPs?
    BanArd
    edited August 2016
    Since artastrophe made portraits for SoD NPCs (and meantime created dozen of new portraits) i decided to update my pack. For those who never used it it gathers all artastrophe style portraits
    scattered among few files. It contains 4 folders now. "Portraits" contains 119 portraits for your own character. To use just move it to either "Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition" folder (in Documents) or "Baldur's Gate II - Enhanced Edition". The last portraits with exclamation mark are those chose by me for plot NPCs. If you don't use this NPCProject component mentioned below, feel free to use them for you own char. But if so, don't be surprised when you will meet you own doppelganger!
    Other 3 folders contain images swapping NPC portraits. There are 3 of them for BGI:EE, BG2:EE and BG:SoD. To use it just unpack it's contents to proper override folder. BGI:EE version include also portraits for non-joinable, plot NPCs. To use it you have to install first component from NPCProject: http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/32379/bg1npc-for-bgee-prerelease/p1. (Add Non-Joinable NPC Portraits to Quests and Dialogues ). This component adds over 100 portraits for NPCs and i highly recommend it. Unfortunately >100 is too many for me (also arta didn't create enough portraits to cover all of them), so I chose 14 the most significants. Install it ->enter "override" folder->delete all added bmp files-> paste 14 bmps from this file. Preview here:

Angelo Image and video hosting by TinyPic Belt Image and video hosting by TinyPic Drizzt Image and video hosting by TinyPic Elminster Image and video hosting by TinyPic Eltan Image and video hosting by TinyPic Gorion Image and video hosting by TinyPic Liia Image and video hosting by TinyPic Mulahey Image and video hosting by TinyPic Rieltar Image and video hosting by TinyPic Sarevok Image and video hosting by TinyPic Scar Image and video hosting by TinyPic Tamoko Image and video hosting by TinyPic Tazok Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Unfortunatelly SoD version doesn't have artastyle portraits for non-joinable NPCs, since arta didn't make them. If he will do it, i will update this pack again (and finally we will have same, high quality style portaits through all Baldur's Gate saga :)).
    LINK: https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/51904/mod-artastrophe-portraits-pack-for-ee#latest
    Post edited by Etamin on
    lolienCahirillathid
  • illathidillathid Member Posts: 320
    @Etamin Thanks for doing this! I was looking for something like this to make installation easy. I'm hoping Artastrophe will do portraits for Caelar, Hephernaan, and maybe one or two other plot important NPCs. :)

Also, this photo for Drizzt just was uploaded. ;)
    @illathid i just created seperate topic for this package, to not spam this one: https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/51904/mod-artastrophe-portraits-pack-for-ee#latest
    I was talking with arta, she doesn't have time to do those SoD NPCs now, but maybe someday she will (or if someone order commision for them). I also asked about Wilson NPC from BG2 and i'm waiting for reply. I will upload this mod if she will create something new.
  • StoifanStoifan Member Posts: 5
    Oh, where to begin. I've been modding my baldur's gate games for about 4-6 years i think. To bad i got into the games themselves so late. But i always had a problem with the portraits (don't take me wrong the vanilla ones are fine. But they don't have that personal feel). A good example is Jaheira #1. Whith her bickering and "Oh omnipotent authority figure" attitude, it just fits. I can't go without these anymore. So just wanted to rant and express my gratitude. And this goes to Arta as well of course, but im already skulking over at DeviantART profile for news and updates.
  • enneractenneract Member Posts: 187
    Was a package for her SOD portraits ever compiled?
  • EnclaveOverlordEnclaveOverlord Member Posts: 1
    Ya know, it kills me that the minor NPC portraits aren't available for the Enhanced Edition. That was like my favourite thing about this mod.