Skip to content

Please Don't Close Your Games Off to Steam

nexus1gnexus1g Member Posts: 8
Please, let me start by saying I LOVE YOU GUYS for bringing back all the games I loved and improving on them. I really, really mean this as entirely constructive criticism from my own personal perspective and nothing more.

So schmoozing aside (and you DO deserve it all), I'm being bombarded with DRM/download clients. I was fine with Steam. I was OK with Blizzard adding their own. When EA started Origin, I was miffed (how many of these things will I be expected to run?). Oh, Adobe is doing it now too. My friends ask me to come play Fortnite BR --
need Epic Games' DRM client. Neverwinter Nights Enhanced Edition? NEED IT! Need yet another DRM client to play Head Start (I'm hoping my ownership can later be transferred to just Steam).

I think it's clear where I'm going here. I hope that you can find it in your hearts to keep your products offered through Steam as well as on your own service. Think of the notification bars!

Comments

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    Our products are available on Steam, - it's just that to play NWN:EE right now you have to buy from beamdog.com and you will find your Steam key in your account.

As for the Client, it's not a DRM Client. You need it to download the game and its updates (when they appear), but you can launch the game(s) directly from the exe.
    Grond0sarevok57
  • nexus1gnexus1g Member Posts: 8
    edited March 2018
    Thanks. I didn't know I could launch it without the client. That does make a significant difference since it doesn't have to be running to play. I do hope you always keep your games on Steam (EA, for instance, once offered their games through Steam too, but then stopped).
    JuliusBorisov
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    all the beamdog enhanced editions that i have bought ( bg1EE and 2EE, IWDEE and NWN EE ) are on steam for me, so i think it's safe to say that they know to bring their games over, i even have NWN EE on steam right now
    JuliusBorisov