Skip to content

BUG Report - Helmet of Opposite Alignement

GrimfoldGrimfold Member Posts: 3
I started fresh in BG 1, picked up Viconia, clawed my way down to, and defeated, the Demon Knight of Durlag's Tower and equipped the Helm of Opposite Alignement on Viconia. All was nice and well through the full TotSC but once we enterd SoD Viconias alignement glitched.

To be precice: All was nice and well during the intro in the the underground tomb - Viconia was wearing the helmet and accordingly acting as the teams Neutral Good drow cleric. However:

When I picked her up anew during the Recruitment Drive, she had reverted to Neutral Evil *while still wearing* the Helmet of Opposite Alignement. Once Dynaheir cast Remove Curse on Viconia, she became Neutral Good *without* wearing the helmet.

While it's nice and all to have a Neutral Good drow cleric in the party who is able to use any headgear she pleases, I strongly suspect that this is a glitch. Presumably something goes haywire with the NPC:s alignement if they are wearing the Helmet of Opposite Alignement during the transition from TotSC into SoD.

Comments

• MERLANCEMERLANCE Member Posts: 421
    Exact same thing happened to me. Now you had to go and ruin it for everyone. :(
  • ChroniclerChronicler Member Posts: 1,391
    Prolonged exposure to the helmet can have side effects.
  • NeverwhereNeverwhere Member Posts: 2
    I can confirm this is still happening, although my experience was different. I finished Baldur's Gate with Viconia in my party and she was equipped with the Helm of Opposite Alignment. When the game transitioned to the expansion, I recruited her the first chance I got outside the palace during the march towards Dragonspear. The Helm of Opposite Alignment was unequipped in her inventory and her alignment had permanently changed to Neutral Good.

Not that I mind never having to worry about her leaving my party if my reputation gets too high, but yeah, definitely a bug.
  • kjeronkjeron Member Posts: 2,367
    Summoned creatures have the same issue - if a creature is wearing an item that alters their gender when summoned, the change is permanent. It might be a side effect of the normal gender changes that images(mislead) go through when they are created.