Skip to content

BG1NPC Bug Report and Discussion Thread

Comments

• AstroBryGuyAstroBryGuy Member Posts: 3,437
    Do the other bandits all become hostile when you attack one of them? Or did they stand around and let you kill them one at a time?
  • toolargtoolarg Member Posts: 179
    edited February 2018

Do the other bandits all become hostile when you attack one of them? Or did they stand around and let you kill them one at a time?

I attacked one and they all turned hostile.

EDIT: after some more testing it seems to be a random occurrence, sometimes it happens, most times it doesn't, a quirk of the engine I guess :neutral:
    Post edited by toolarg on
    I just tried to do the Bheren & Petrine quest with Shar-Teel in my party

Woah dude. This mod is so great :smiley: .
    toolarg said:

EDIT: after some more testing it seems to be a random occurrence, sometimes it happens, most times it doesn't, a quirk of the engine I guess :neutral:

Must be something getting missed in a script cycle. Weird. I'll see what I can do in the next release to bulletproof the scripting.
  • _Luke__Luke_ Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,535
    Flaming Spear +1:

- a display portrait icon effect (icon: Protection from Fire) is missing.
    - its speed factor should be 5 instead of 4 (enchantment is 1).

Elven Spear of Entanglement:

- navigate to: Item Ability -> Movement Rate Bonus: attribute "Modifier Type" should be "Set" instead of "Set % of".
    - its Entangling effect should last for 24 seconds instead of 12 (as per item description).
    A small detail: I installed all the components that move NPCs to more convenient locations, and so I met Quayle at the Nashkel carnival. However the journal still says I met him near Baldur's Gate. I dont know if the same happens to the other moved NPCs.
  • booinyoureyesbooinyoureyes Member Posts: 6,164
    Hey doesn't Imoen have a speech when you arrive in the Temple of Bhaal at the very end? She's been strangely silent since Chapter 6 in my game and I'm worried there is a bug.
  • AKrugBierAKrugBier Member Posts: 110

Hey doesn't Imoen have a speech when you arrive in the Temple of Bhaal at the very end? She's been strangely silent since Chapter 6 in my game and I'm worried there is a bug.

Nay. No banter there.

There are three excel (xls) files in the folder "bg1npc/bg1npc_docs", which you can consult, if you want to know if there are banters in a certain location, or with a certain someone.
    edited March 2018
    Luke93 said:

Flaming Spear +1:

- a display portrait icon effect (icon: Protection from Fire) is missing.
    - its speed factor should be 5 instead of 4 (enchantment is 1).

Elven Spear of Entanglement:

- navigate to: Item Ability -> Movement Rate Bonus: attribute "Modifier Type" should be "Set" instead of "Set % of".
    - its Entangling effect should last for 24 seconds instead of 12 (as per item description).

I'll have a look at those when I get a chance. Thanks!
    toolarg said:

A small detail: I installed all the components that move NPCs to more convenient locations, and so I met Quayle at the Nashkel carnival. However the journal still says I met him near Baldur's Gate. I dont know if the same happens to the other moved NPCs.

Yeah, the only NPC with altered dialog due to the move is Alora. The others just move the NPC, no changes to dialog.
  • Dameon2Dameon2 Member Posts: 46
    edited March 2018
    There is a bug with BG1NPC that has been really bothering me, part of the problem is the bug itself, and the other part of the problem is the poor way that beamdog implemented the triggers to show a journal popup.

So here goes.

When miscellaneous actions are turned on to show up in the dialogue window, sometimes lines of dialogue from banters and dialogues related to BG1NPC show up as "Stopped Detecting Traps/Illusions" I'm guessing that's because it takes the most recent line, and detecting traps/illusions turns off when those characters talk, but that lien doesn't show up in messages until after their dialogue line triggers.

now you might say, why don't you just turn off Misc in the feedback settings, but here in lies the real problem.

The misc setting also controls whether or not the message box displays when there is an update to the journal. And for god knows what reason, even tho journal popups have their own separate option in the menu, they will NOT display if they are not triggered by the update message appearing in the messages box.

So currently. I either have to put up with no journal popups, and I really like the popups. OR I have to put up with opening the top of the dialogue box to read what the character actually said. Because of the random nature of the banters, it's impossible to shut off detecting before a dialogue as they appear at random times without warning. Any help would be greatly appreciated... there's another example pic below

• jasteyjastey Member Posts: 2,671
    edited March 2018
    This sounds more like a ticket for BeamDog's bugtracking to me than anything a modder could fix?
    This would affect any and all mod dialogues and banters, would it not? But are you saying it doesn't happen for game dialogues?
    Is this 2.5? (Sorry for the many questions, but this is a horrible bug which makes gameplay rather annoying, I would say.)
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    It hppens for vanilla game dialogue as well.
    @Dameon2 - This looks like an engine bug, and not something I can fix in the BG1NPC code. You should file a bug report on support.baldursgate.com, especially if you can document an example of it happening with vanilla dialogues.
    edited March 2018

@Dameon2 - This looks like an engine bug, and not something I can fix in the BG1NPC code. You should file a bug report on support.baldursgate.com, especially if you can document an example of it happening with vanilla dialogues.

alright, I've never seen it happen in vanilla, but I have seen it be a consistent problem with BGNPC banters for the last year and a half, possibly longer I don't remember, over many different versions of the game and BGNPC. but Thacobell says it happens in vanilla too which wouldn't surprise me, seems like the game just picks up the latest thing said in the message box, and because the default game doesn't have imoen and montaron integrating during normal conversations with other NPCs I imagine it's just less common with vanilla games. I fixed it previously by disabling misc in the feedback menu but I didn't realise at the time that it was causing the journal popups not to show, I thought that was a result of my UI modding of the journal, turns out the journal popups just don't show because they are triggered by the update messages about the journal in the message box (which of course fall under the same toggle option as the detect traps/illusions messages), discovered as much on the new playthrough I just started last week.
    For one example: I have it happen EVERYTIME I talk to Silke and she asks Garret how much he offered to pay.
    ThacoBell said:

For one example: I have it happen EVERYTIME I talk to Silke and she asks Garret how much he offered to pay.

its such a pain in the ass, bad oversight on Beamdogs part IMO, unless it was also an original infinity engine issue IDK. Kinda breaks my immersion to see that in the middle of a conversation. Guess I'll wait till I get that with some vanilla dialogue so I can post a bug report.
    @Dameon2 You would be my hero for filing that bug. I don't play that much currently, but I will at some point and this bug is not funny.
    Luckily it doesn't overwrite dialog. When it happens you just have to scroll up one line to see it.
    edited March 2018
    Lord Foreshadow's Ring: can it be conditioned to installing the romance component? as in no romance component, no ring. it doesn't make sense without that part of the mod anyway. I never install that part, and yet that snob insists on giving me that overpowered item. Alternatively, make it a +2 charisma ring to reduce the impact.
  • fluke13fluke13 Member Posts: 399
    I received that "detecting traps" bug in vanilla - I "resolved" it, by unticking the detect traps box in the AI screen for my thieves. Hope that helps .. but yes, they should just fix it so it can't happen :smile:
  • byrne20byrne20 Member Posts: 503
    I have been having a try of this mod and have come across a problem. I cant seem to find the cloakwood mine on the map. I make my way to the 4th cloakwood area and go east to search for the mine but nothing is coming up. not even a blanked out icon of the mine. Is this a known bug? or am i just doing something wrong?
  • georgelappiesgeorgelappies Member Posts: 179
    Hi

Is the latest version of this mod compatible with the latest beta patch on Steam if I uninstall SoD?
    byrne20 said:

I have been having a try of this mod and have come across a problem. I cant seem to find the cloakwood mine on the map. I make my way to the 4th cloakwood area and go east to search for the mine but nothing is coming up. not even a blanked out icon of the mine. Is this a known bug? or am i just doing something wrong?

This sounds like something that we hoped was fixed a long time ago. Would you please post the content of your weidu.log here?

Hi

Is the latest version of this mod compatible with the latest beta patch on Steam if I uninstall SoD?

There are a few additions to the latest BGEE v2.5 beta that need to be addressed in BG1NPC (e.g., Kivan and Tazok, Branwen and Tranzig, Kagain's Quest).
    edited May 2018
    byrne20 said:

With the "Open four Cloakwood areas (everything but the Mines)" component installed, the Mines are revealed by script in the Bandit Camp. You can't reveal the Mines by linked navigation from the Cloakwood Wyverns area. This is to prevent accessing the Mines before Chapter 4 (i.e., and screwing up the storyline).
    Post edited by AstroBryGuy on
  • logojin7logojin7 Member Posts: 17
    Do you have anything like Happy Patch?
    For example, eliminate the requirement. Also, is multi romance possible?
  • HemricHemric Member Posts: 7
    Those are included in Tweaks Anthology [http://gibberlings3.net/readmes/readme-cdtweaks.html].

Under Convenience Tweaks and/or Cheats - component you find both Happy Patch and Romance Cheats.
    logojin7 said:

Do you have anything like Happy Patch?
    For example, eliminate the requirement. Also, is multi romance possible?

As @hemric noted, for the Happy Patch, use Tweaks Anthology.

The Romance Cheats for Tweaks Anthology only affects the original Bioware romances. It does not affect the romances added by BG1NPC.
  • ThelsThels Member Posts: 1,416
    edited May 2018
    CamDawg said:

Romance Cheats includes the EE NPCs, but it does not cover BG1 NPC or SoD romances. This is on the to-do list for future releases.

Source
    @AstroBryGuy
    in BWS I see an entry for the mod "Nightfarer's Area Patcher" that fixes something in two of the BG1NPC Romance Challenges areas:
    5000=Fix BG1NPC Romance Challenges - X#AJR1.ARE
    5001=Fix BG1NPC Romance Challenges - X#CH11.ARE

Do you know anything about this? Are these fixes already included in bg1npc itself?

I don't have a download link. As soon as SHS is back up again I could ask Nightfarer about it.