Skip to content

Other Android Requirements for SOD Mobile

So - checking on Google Play, I see the requirements are Android 3.0 and up.

My tablet is 4.2 - yet it shows that it is not compatible and the game can't be installed.

Can you advise on any other requirements that are not printed on the Google Play page?

Comments

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
    Devices should have over 1 GB of RAM.

I've passed the request to add more information about requirements onto the main site - siegeofdragonspear.com .
  • DonCzirrDonCzirr Member Posts: 165
    Thanks for the info.

My Android = 1 GB

My iPAD = 10.3 which I cannot update or I'll lose a lot of quality games not rebuilt for IOS 11.

So bottom line ... for SOD ... I am totally SOL.
  • clb2c4eclb2c4e Member Posts: 1
    I have 2gb and Android 7.1, though it is lineage OS. On the play store it won't let me download it however, saying it is not compatible.

Galaxy note 10.1 n8013
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
    From the team: it only supports up to OpenGL ES 2.0
    SoD requires 3.0. From siegeofdragonspear.com:

• DawgliciousDawglicious Member Posts: 221
    I am currently running SoD on my Nexus 7 gen 2, and while it runs, it is pretty laggy. Any advice of settings I can turn off (already turned off sprite outlines), or am I outta luck? It's playable, but I wouldn't WANT to play it like this.
    Can you try:
    - playing zoomed in,
    - turning off quickloot
    - minimizing portraits?

Also, any report on support.baldursgate.com with information about your device&OS and times/places/conditions when it's especially laggy for you.
  • DawgliciousDawglicious Member Posts: 221
    @JuliusBorisov So I have filed a bug before with redmine, but for some reason I can't find the option to add a new issue this time. It is likely something obvious that I am overlooking. Anyway, here is my info:

First off, I tried all 3 things you mentioned, SLIGHT but negligible improvement there.

My device is: Google Nexus 7 by ASUS 2013 2nd Generation, running Android 6.0.1. I was goofing about in the intro area only, but the slowdown is annoying enough that I can't bring myself to slog through it all.

I have been running the IWD 2.5 beta on this same Tablet, and it has mostly been fine, some slight slowdown with large groups but turning off quickloot and minimizing portraits usual helps speed up those especially large battles. This issue seems to mainly be tied to SoD.

I suspect it to be the nicer backgrounds and such (the smoke rising from the chasm, all the bats flying about). SoD, since it was made way more recently, looks a lot nicer than the older games, but unfortunately it would seem my poor tablet can't handle it :(

Also out of curiosity, why does minimizing portraits help?

Ok, reported it for you - https://support.baldursgate.com/issues/36007

Minimizing portraits - we have found out using bigger custom portraits can cause lags. This issue is being investigated.