Skip to content

[obsolete] Big World Setup (BWS): Mod Manager for Baldur's Gate / Enhanced Edition (Trilogy)

Comments

• JonnecyJonnecy Member Posts: 56
    edited March 2018
    Here is the Install Debug log file. Maybe someone can find what is wrong here. Cant make heads and tails of it -,-

Just tried to do an installation using only the Recommended preset; same result. either something is wrong with EET, or one of the default mods is causing problems...which is quite disconcerting.

Edit: Minimalistic Setup -> exact same issue. problem is not caused by any mods. there is something wrong with EET-core itself.

INSTALLED WITH WARNINGS EET core - resource importation

D:\Baldur's Gate Saga\00783>

WARNING: cannot verify action ~SetGlobal("KickedOut","LOCALS",0)
    Enhanced Edition Trilogy (Enhanced Edition Trilogy) was installed with warnings.

This is with ONLY the files in the General section selected.
    Post edited by Jonnecy on
  • KuselKusel Member Posts: 50
    Jonnecy said:

Here is the Install Debug log file. Maybe someone can find what is wrong here. Cant make heads and tails of it -,-

Just tried to do an installation using only the Recommended preset; same result. either something is wrong with EET, or one of the default mods is causing problems...which is quite disconcerting.

Edit: Minimalistic Setup -> exact same issue. problem is not caused by any mods. there is something wrong with EET-core itself.

INSTALLED WITH WARNINGS EET core - resource importation

D:\Baldur's Gate Saga\00783>

Enhanced Edition Trilogy (Enhanced Edition Trilogy) was installed with warnings.

This is with ONLY the files in the General section selected.

It says that EET Core is installed with warnings - actually that one warning only. It gives you the option to continue the install which you should do.
    "That issue should just affect one scenario in the game, i.e. a case where you accidentally kick out Imoen and she starts the leaving dialogue and you tell her *No, I made a mistake, please stay.* and then she stays. You may need to talk to her again to get her back in party.
    That's all.
    "Thank you @PaulaMigrate for this information.
    edited March 2018
    I already tried that. As a result the game will not start. Running Baldur.exe does nothing, not even a task in the task manager; probably because EET does not install correctly.

Currently reinstalling both games...maybe I will have better luck next time.
    edited March 2018
    Well, here goes another one...somehow managed to fix the issues I was previously having and now this:

Using .\lang\en_us\dialog.tlk

Installing [20161130 - Updated by agb1 (installation started 03.03.2018)]
    Copying and patching 1 file ...
    ERROR: BIFF [.\DATA\SODIDS.BIF] cannot be loaded: Unix.Unix_error(20, "stat", ".\\DATA\\SODIDS.BIF")

ERROR locating resource for 'COPY'
    Resource [EA.IDS] not found in KEY file:
    [./chitin.key]
    Stopping installation because of error.

ERROR Installing [20161130 - Updated by agb1 (installation started 03.03.2018)], rolling back to previous state
    Will uninstall 0 files for [Setup-BWS.tp2] component 0.
    Uninstalled 0 files for [Setup-BWS.tp2] component 0.
    ERROR: Failure("resource [EA.IDS] not found for 'COPY'")
    PLEASE email the file Setup-BWS.Debug to dummy@mail.de
    Automatically Skipping [20161130 - Updated by agb1 (installation started 03.03.2018)] because of error.

NOT INSTALLED DUE TO ERRORS 20161130 - Updated by agb1 (installation started 03.03.2018)

Press ENTER to exit.

Did a full reinstallation of the games, had th client verify the files...dunno what is wrong here.
    Not to mention all the downloads and extractions that are failing -,-
    This is getting truly frustrating. Not even trying to install anything crazy...

EDIT: NVM, I finally! managed to get it working -,-
    Post edited by Jonnecy on
  • BWS seems to be unable to download the Textpack (during installation it says that it had problems extracting all the files, but pretty sure it doesn't even download it) at the moment, do you guys know a way to fix it, or have a link to download it manually? I can't find it.

Thanks
  • BleriotBleriot Member Posts: 31
    edited March 2018

BWS seems to be unable to download the Textpack (during installation it says that it had problems extracting all the files, but pretty sure it doesn't even download it) at the moment, do you guys know a way to fix it, or have a link to download it manually? I can't find it.

Thanks

It has been fixed according to the SHS forum. Which is actually the forum where all information and support about BWS can be found. With @PaulaMigrate expelled by Beamdog, not many here left for BWS support.

You need to *start BWS with update* to get the new version.
  • Then I have no clue why it isn't working, it fails every time.

• Okay, I had to download it manually from SHS, and now it seems to work.
  • Wise_GrimwaldWise_Grimwald Member Posts: 3,857

For those trying to do an EET BWS Install? There's no recommended, tactics list like old BGT.

EET install problems should be asked here. http://gibberlings3.net/forums/index.php?showforum=195

General BWS should be asked here http://www.shsforums.net/topic/56670-big-world-setup-an-attempt-to-update-the-program/

I wish I'd seen this post a LOT earlier. Those links are unbelievably helpful.
  • ArthellionArthellion Member Posts: 1
    Do you need the ModMerge File for steam/gog to run this? Or can you just install it and go?
  • Wise_GrimwaldWise_Grimwald Member Posts: 3,857

Do you need the ModMerge File for steam/gog to run this? Or can you just install it and go?

You need to install modmerge. If it isn't installed BWS does let you know.
  • hackinslashhackinslash Member Posts: 46
    Another list(for EET installs only though) which is updated frequently with mods being added https://rawgit.com/K4thos/EET-Compatibility-List/master/EET-Compatibility-List.html
    This was updated on the 15th and would flow on to the bws updates as well. Hopefully when the patch is official K4thos might reappear and release the IWD part into the wilderness.
  • GrunkerGrunker Member Posts: 46
    Is there a way to zoom out on the World Map? It's very zoomed in when viewing the Huge map.
  • LudovikHLudovikH Member Posts: 46
    Grunker said:

Is there a way to zoom out on the World Map? It's very zoomed in when viewing the Huge map.

There is none. But it's not a BWS or worldmap issue, it's inherited from the original game. You can zoom and inspect it with Near Infinity or you can export the graphic and look at it outside the game.
  • kiwidockiwidoc Member Posts: 1,437
    I am really impressed by this mod, and sooo want to use it in a BG2EE game. However I am having a problem.

I have installed a fresh, vanilla, untouched BGII:EE v2 on a drive that is seperate from my operating system, started a new game and saved it.

As I only want to mod my new BG2 I select the EET/Baldurs Gate II:EE option, and select English.

I then hit a problem when I go to select the paths.
    The installer lets me select the path to my current BGEE game (which is in C:GoG folder but I don't want to mod this game, so thats ok) - select goes green
    It also lets me select the path to my BG2EE installation - select goes green

What I can't do is get it to select the path for the Download. I can't find a path matching or similar to the one in the picture anywhere on my PC. If I create a path and try to select it two things happen
    1/. Select doesn't go green
    2/. The folder labelled BiG World Downloads disappears.
    This happens no matter where I put the path

I've tried reinstalling several times and get the same result, so I am totally stumped.
    If you only want to mod the BG2EE, you need to put "-" (just the symbol without quotes) into the BGEE path and only fill the BG2EE path.
    BWS MUST NOT be in your game folder. Suggest to make the download folder a subfolder of where you extract BWS itself, e.g. BWS/Downloads
    Created a folder in my BWS directory and called it Downloads - and it promplty vanished. so did the one called Big World Downloads. I tried putting these folders in a sub-folder of BWS called BGIEE - and they vanished again (both names). It also happened when I called the subfolder EET-BWS.

btw I have read most of this post, and already knew not to put the Downloads in the folder - so this applies toall the attempts made in my first post as well as those in this post.
  • crumbcrumb Member Posts: 21
    If you use BWS, is there or should there be a limit to the number of mods you install on EET?
    crumb said:

If you use BWS, is there or should there be a limit to the number of mods you install on EET?

The BWS itself filters mods that are compatible with EET. Other than that there is no limit, unless mods in your selection would conflict with each other.
  • ALIENALIEN Member Posts: 1,271
    edited April 2018
    There are some ongoing structural changes to the BWS and Fixpack, please avoid updating if you are in the middle of the installation preparation.

- BWS will no longer update itself when installation is in progress, you no longer need to use BWS-NoAutoUpdate.vbs
    - BWS-NoAutoUpdate.vbs still can be userful, but now you can use it only when you modify BWS files or doing some tests
    - you won't see black commandline window with messages which require user action to close it
    - BWS update won't require user action to close it
    - writing current BWS version into BWS-Version.txt has never worked, I've fixed it and add 'git last commit short hash' and 'commit message'

There are some cosmetic changes:
    - renamed debug files
    - Documentation/Readme changes
    - no more capital 'G'
    - other minor fixes and changes

Post edited by ALIEN on
    edited April 2018
    Important note:

It doesn't affect mod translations but German and Russian language will be no longer available for BWS user interface after planned changes. Those languages were outdated since long time and they add significant extra effort in order to maintain mods.
    Main changes are implemented, if something suddenly doesn't work please post feedback.
  • HubalHubal Member Posts: 25
    edited April 2018
    I got this:
    The extraction of the following mod(s) failed:
    Enhanced Edition Trilogy: The Mod itself (EET-master.zip) ą
    Cannot proceed installation without this essential mod.

Some files were not extracted. Do you want the
    BWS to run an integrity test on those files first,
    provide the files yourself (see remarks) or just
    continue?
    Enter [t]est, [p]rovide or [c]ontinue.

Manual extraction doesn't help.
    It says error 604
    Any help?

It seems that BWS downloads wrong version of EET mod.
    Post edited by Hubal on
    Hubal said:

I got this:

continue?

It says error 604
    Any help?

Try to download it directly from here https://codeload.github.com/K4thos/EET/zip/master.
    Unlikely that it downloads a wrong version, there is only one here. It may be that the download was not complete and that was why extraction failed.
    LudovikH said:

Hubal said:

I got this:

continue?

It says error 604
    Any help?

Try to download it directly from here https://codeload.github.com/K4thos/EET/zip/master.
    Unlikely that it downloads a wrong version, there is only one here. It may be that the download was not complete and that was why extraction failed.
    The one from your link does not work after extracting it manually to BG2EE folder.
    The one from here https://github.com/K4thos/EET/releases works fine.

Hubal said:

LudovikH said:

Hubal said:

I got this:

continue?

It says error 604
    Any help?

The one from your link does not work after extracting it manually to BG2EE folder.
    The one from here https://github.com/K4thos/EET/releases works fine.

It is both the same version and both links work for me. Sometimes those are temporary things in the servers if mods fail to download correctly.
    Me again.
    I am still getting the problem with the Download folder selection i.e. the button remains grey, even though the pathway shown is the correct one.

If I simply ignore the lack of a green button I can continue through the process. I back up the game, succesfully select mods, test availability of downloads and present mods, and list the required urls create back ups with no problems.

However as soon as I try to actually run BWS and install the mods I get a screen telling me the installation has stopped, and instructing me to "start the game, choose a language I like, start and create a save game"I have already started the game, and created a save game. I have also selected a language for the BGII EE game and for the BWS.

If I follow the instructions and run the game again, create yet another save game, then press continue the BWS crashes to desktop

If I simply press continue BWS crashes to desktop.

WHAT I HAVE TRIED SO FAR
    * The game directory is definitely on my E drive, and the BWS is on the D drive (not in the game directory)
    * All attempts to run BWS have been made with my antivirus, malware protection and PIA manager all turned off. I am not uploading or downloading anything else.
    * I have tried new, clean downloads of both the BGII:EE game and BWS.
    * Between each attempt I have completely uninstalled BGII:EE, reinstalled a clean, new version, run the game and created a new save.
    * I have also deleted the extracted BWS folders, and created a new, clean version of the extraction prior to each retry
    * I have checked for registry problems, and fixed any before each new try. I have also turned the PC off and on between attempts
    * In desperation I have tried to find a back-up of one of my old pre V2.0 GOG Download, but they are all long gone.

As you can probably tell I really, really want to play with my mods and have made every effort to follow your instructions. I'm getting a wee bit desperate here.
    It turns out that vbs programming language is crap, I've reverted some changes to vbs files. You have to re-download BWS zip if you want to receive further updates. Sorry if it cause problems, I will get rid of vbs soon.
    I have redownloaded everything again and i got same problem every single time.

ERROR Installing [EET core - resource importation], rolling back to previous state
    Will uninstall 2773 files for [EET/EET.TP2] component 0.
    Uninstalled 2773 files for [EET/EET.TP2] component 0.
    ERROR: Failure("EET/TEMP/PATCH/ARE/BG2200.ARE: read out of bounds")
    PLEASE email the file SETUP-EET.DEBUG to K4thos (swit)
    Automatically Skipping [EET core - resource importation] because of error.
    Using Language [English]
    [.\lang\en_us\dialog.tlk] created, 293352 string entries

NOT INSTALLED DUE TO ERRORS EET core - resource importation

E:\Steam\steamapps\common\Baldur's Gate II Enhanced Edition>

ERROR: illegal 2-byte read from offset 13116190 of 13768-byte file EET/TEMP/PATCH/ARE/BG2200.ARE
    ERROR: [EET/TEMP/PATCH/ARE/BG2200.ARE] -> [EET/TEMP/PATCH/ARE] Patching Failed (COPY) (Failure("EET/TEMP/PATCH/ARE/BG2200.ARE: read out of bounds"))
    ERROR: Failure("EET/TEMP/PATCH/ARE/BG2200.ARE: read out of bounds")
    Enhanced Edition Trilogy (Enhanced Edition Trilogy) was not installed due to errors.

Without this component the installation cannot be continued.

What to do gents?