Skip to content

Help! Yuan-Ti summoner is broken

The Yuan-Ti summoner in Dragon's Eye keeps summoning Trolls non-stop and my party gets quickly overwhelmed.

Please don't say ''git gud casual scrub''.

Comments

• Rik_KirtaniyaRik_Kirtaniya Member Posts: 1,742
    edited March 2018
    Yes, that's exactly the way the Yuan-Ti summoner behaves. It's not a bug. You have to kill him first, in order to stop him from summoning Trolls.

I'd recommend going invisible or using Sanctuary, and then backstabbing the Yuan-Ti summoner. Alternatively, you can just cast Invisibility 10' radius, position all your party members around him, and whack him to death! :)
    And you get a very nice staff as a reward!

This is not the only case of non-stop summoning.
    The Lich in the Halls of the Dead in Dorn's Deep also keeps casting unlimited numbers of Create Undead. So unless you kill him, the armies of minions will keep on replenishing.

The advantage, however, is that this behaviour can be utilised to farm for a huge amount of Experience Points, so it's actually a blessing in disguise. :)
    ShapiroKeatsDarkMage
  • SirBatinceSirBatince Member Posts: 882
    It should only happen once every turn or so.

you also have a chance to get lizardmen instead (much easier)
  • ShapiroKeatsDarkMageShapiroKeatsDarkMage Member Posts: 2,428

Yes, that's exactly the way the Yuan-Ti summoner behaves. It's not a bug. You have to kill him first, in order to stop him from summoning Trolls.

I'd recommend going invisible or using Sanctuary, and then backstabbing the Yuan-Ti summoner. Alternatively, you can just cast Invisibility 10' radius, position all your party members around him, and whack him to death! :)

And you get a very nice staff as a reward!

This is not the only case of non-stop summoning.
    The Lich in the Halls of the Dead in Dorn's Deep also keeps casting unlimited numbers of Create Undead. So unless you kill him, the armies of minions will keep on replenishing.

The advantage, however, is that this behaviour can be utilised to farm for a huge amount of Experience Points, so it's actually a blessing in disguise. :)
    My only rogue is a weak halfling and the summoner usually unleashes a large amount of trolls and lizardmen and i don't have fire weapons aside for a few bombs.
    edited March 2018
    @ShapiroKeatsDarkMage Use the second option then. :) Cast Invisibility 10' radius and attack the summoner with all party members. Invisibility will also allow you to bypass the trolls.

If you have a cleric/druid, use Flame Weapon (level 2 spell) to kill trolls. Other helpful spells are Melf's Acid Arrow, Sunscorch, and of course, Burning Hands and Agannazar's scorcher. Any of them will do nicely. And if your mage has access to level 3 spells, you can memorize and cast Fireball (whose scroll can be found in the first level of Dragon's Eye).

@ShapiroKeatsDarkMage Use the second option then. :) Cast Invisibility 10' radius and attack the summoner with all party members. Invisibility will also allow you to bypass the trolls.

If you have a cleric, use Flame Weapon (level 2 spell) to kill trolls. Other helpful spells are Melf's Acid Arrow, Sunscorch, and of course, Burning Hands and Agannazar's scorcher. Any of them will do nicely. And if your mage has access to level 3 spells, you can memorize and cast Fireball (whose scroll can be found in the first level of Dragon's Eye).

I don't have insisibility 10 radius.
  • WarChiefZekeWarChiefZeke Member Posts: 2,651
    If you have a druid pretty sure they carry the Strength of One spell which will give your Halfling exceptional strength and a better chance to get that backstab in.
    edited March 2018
    Cast plain invisibility then on your strongest fighters, and then let them lead the attack.

You can also buy Melf's minute meteors from the Eldathyn Librarian before they go hostile. It's also effective against trolls.

Invisibility scroll can be found much earlier in one of the crypts in the Vale of Shadows.

And yes, one more thing, use fire or acid spells on the trolls only when they're unconscious, not before, because it would be just a waste when they're not unconscious yet.
  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    Good luck with the final boss of this dungeon.
    ShapiroKeatsDarkMagetoolarg
    I managed to kill the summoner and all' the Trolls!
    ThacoBellRaduziel