Skip to content

How to ensure that saves on Android do not get deleted when I uninsttall the game from my device?

I want to take my character into BG2 on my Samsung tab, but I have no idea how to ensure that my game saves do not get deleted when I uninstall the game to make room.

Can enyone help me with this? I'd hate to lose my character

Comments

• GusindaGusinda Member Posts: 1,915
    edited March 2018
    Hi @Willowbark, to protect your saves, you can back them up to another part of your internal SD, to your external SD or to your PC.

Your will find your saveds in:
    /android/data/com.beamdog.baldursgateenhancededition/files/save

You can take the complete /files folder if you also have custom portraits and character files. If you have edited your baldur.ini/lua, make sure you take that as well.

When you install BG2, start the game once, close it down then copy the the files to:
    /android/data/com.beamdog.baldursgateiienhancededition/files/save
    or /files if you grabbed the lot.

Your saved game should be waiting for you to import...

Gus

StummvonBordwehr
  • WillowbarkWillowbark Member Posts: 50
    Thanks for the response.

I see no way to copy my save files, though. I created a new folder for them but can't see how to transfer or copy them over to it.
    @Willowbark, it all depends on the version of android, but if you open 'My Files' (or the File Manager on your device), navigate to the folder and Long Press (press and keep held down until check boxes show up) on the save folder. This will bring up some different menu options. On mine (Samsung 6.01), I then select the three dots in the top of the screen (which represent more options) and select 'copy'. Then navigate to the folder you want to save them to and hit 'Paste Here'.

Most File Managers have a similar functionality, so hope that sheds some light...
    Gus
  • WillowbarkWillowbark Member Posts: 50
    I must have a different version of Android. The long press doesn't bring up anything. Thanks for responding. I just made a new character with the same specs in bg2ee, though of course without the book bonuses.
    @Willowbark, What device and version do you have? The other way is to download a third party File Manager. If it is all too late (which it sounds like it is), we might be able to get it for the next run...

Enjoy the game
    Gus