Skip to content

Goblins Comic Animated

deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811
Probably my favourite webcomic, Goblins is attempting to make it an animation, with the voice talents of Steve Blum, Phil Lamarr, Jim Cummings, Jennifer Hale and Billy West to name a few.

They first attempted a kickstarter with an overly ambitious goal of close to $500,000 but have now moved the campaign over to Indiegogo with a more realistic goal of $250,000 (although still high) by attempting to make a 5 minute trailer instead of a full 10 minute cartoon.

They are hoping to use this trailer to convince a producer/studio/someone with lots of money to back the project and make it into a series.

This is the first kickstarter/Ingiegogo I have backed and am excited to do so as I really want to see get made.

So ya, please check it out (at least the comic if you haven't read it already, it is amazing) and maybe throw a couple of bucks there way.
JuliusBorisovThacoBellArdanisAnduinMirandel

Comments

• ArdanisArdanis Member Posts: 1,736
    edited November 2017
    While undeniably a good comic... I'd rather see Sarah Ellerton's works animated. Goblins just doesn't look fit to be on screen, it's way too much cartoonish.

PS Jim Cummings as Thaco... Jesus, he sounds every single bit as I imagined Thaco's voice should be. I think I'm gonna back it, after all.
    deltagoAnduin
  • AnduinAnduin Member Posts: 5,745
    I like goblins comics... but animated?
  • deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811
    That's kinda what the Indiegogo is about, to show what it would look like animated.

Sadly, I don't think they are going to make it again. they're only 30% of the way there.
  • deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811
    So this is on it's last day, and it is sooo close sitting at of 95% funded.
    The voice acting cast is epic and they added some great new perks such as custom die (can never have enough die), D&D Modules and if you're really generous a personalized voice recording from one of the actors.

So if you haven't checked it out, please do. They are so close, it'll suck if they just miss it.
  • MirandelMirandel Member Posts: 526
    edited March 2018
    I want to bring this topic to life again. They made it! 105% funded on December 23, 2017 !

And the people they managed to bring in for VA are simply amazing - Blum, Hale, others - all stars of VA.
    You still can become a Backer. And if you happen never come across the webcomic itself - go, check it out! Truly a great read!
    deltago