Skip to content

SoD:CEs are available

2»

Comments

• deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811
    How long is this sale on for?
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,722
    Till March, 15. Don't miss!
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,722
    I've heard the sale is still on ;) Isn't it nice?
  • CharlestonianTemplarCharlestonianTemplar Member Posts: 855
    Returning to BG after a two-year layoff.

Not sure SoD was available last time I played.

So, I've come over to EE after having downloaded both BGEE and BGEE when it they were first released.

I'm considering adding SoD to my gameplay. I have some questions.

1. Does SoD have to be downloaded WITH BGEE (like TotSC) or is a standalone (without BW) as a follow on to
    BGEE?

2. If SoD is standalone, Can I carry my PC over from BGEE to SoD?

3. Does EE Keeper work with SoD?

Thanks, CT
  • ThelsThels Member Posts: 1,416
    It depends on where you buy the game, and what platform you buy the game for. SoD is an expansion to BGEE, first released in 2016. It forms a story after BGEE, much like ToB comes after SoA.

If you buy from Beamdog for Desktop, you can install BGEE and 'SoD' separately, but the SoD installation includes BGEE, so you basically want to install SoD and not BGEE.

If you buy from Steam/GoG for Desktop, it works as a DLC, added to your BGEE installation. Note that if you want to apply any kinds of mods to your game, you need to run Modmerge first. For EEKeeper it's likely also recommended to run Modmerge first, so EEKeeper can actually see SoD content, such as new items.

For Tablet/Phones, due to technical size restrictions, SoD counts as a separate game entirely, though you should be able to import from BGEE. I have no experience there.
    @CharlestonianTemplar

1. Although technically SoD is an expansion on PC, it's not like TotSC, it's a separate game where you continue from BG:EE

2. You can carry your character(s) from BG:EE to SoD

3. Yes, it does work. Technically SoD is an expansion, so the EE-Keeper will open BG:EE+SoD, and you'll access both BG:EE saves and SoD saves from there.
  • CharlestonianTemplarCharlestonianTemplar Member Posts: 855
    @Thels @JuliusBorisov

Thanks so much for the feedback.

I've already heavily modded my BGEE game so I appreciate not having to go back.

Considering that SoD will work with EE Keeper is super. Means even if I have issues carrying my PC over from game to game I can recreate him identically there.

I bought both BGEE and BGIIEE directly from Beamdog years ago. I will do the same for SoD. Thanks again for your help in clarifying. CT
  • rede9rede9 Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 1,947
    SoD is now -80% discounted on GOG with the bundle of the series. Hitherto this is the cheapest discount I've seen.
    @JuliusBorisov What about a new?
    Well, yes, that is an awesome offer! But it's not for the CE. ;)
    This is Beamdog's Birthday today.

And SoD:CEs are HUGELY discounted for only one day.
    It's started actually (1pm was a mistake)
  • HafirHafir Member Posts: 97
    Can I to purchase all of the collection edition of IWD and BG? And I waiting for more similiar games...
  • alvalentynalvalentyn Member Posts: 1
    Any idea what the eta from buying to shipping is? Going on two weeks since I placed an order for one, but outside of my money being taken and a confirmation email, I’ve received nothing.
    alvalentyn wrote: »
    Any idea what the eta from buying to shipping is? Going on two weeks since I placed an order for one, but outside of my money being taken and a confirmation email, I’ve received nothing.

Hi! Please send me a PM with the order details.
  • cugeltheclevercugeltheclever Member Posts: 1
    Does anyone know if the CEs are still available? I just placed an order but was wondering if anyone purchased one lately.
    Yes, a few are still available.