Skip to content

Gamma Slider

I can't be the only one who is missing the Gamma Slider that used to appear in the Video Settings. By default, the game is too dark to me and made even worse when you add in the contrast filter.

Can we possibly get the slider back?
AndarianYehoyakinsaramakosProlericDerpCityMrDamageIlya_Rysenkovtfox

Comments

• Ilya_RysenkovIlya_Rysenkov Member Posts: 2
    edited March 2018
    The same issue. I even asked for refund for now.
    Post edited by Ilya_Rysenkov on
  • ProphetSwordProphetSword Member Posts: 43
    I don’t understand why it was removed in the first place. Most modern games have the option to change the brightness, so why not the enhanced edition of this game?
    Ilya_Rysenkov
  • MrDamageMrDamage Member Posts: 210

I don’t understand why it was removed in the first place. Most modern games have the option to change the brightness, so why not the enhanced edition of this game?

Agree and pretty sure this was asked a while back in one of the streams in passing and the reply was something about the new shaders/ graphical enhancements or they didn’t realise it was so used. Can’t remember properly, someone else might.
    DerpCity
  • ProphetSwordProphetSword Member Posts: 43
    Awesome. Took four months for someone besides me to notice (my original post is from November), but maybe it will get fixed.
    JuliusBorisov
  • jglvz256jglvz256 Member Posts: 52
    I think I made a thread about this months ago as well. :( I assumed that maybe they changed the rendering engine (for the new shaders) and it didn't support the old brightness/gamma.
    JuliusBorisov
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    jglvz256 said:

I think I made a thread about this months ago as well. :( I assumed that maybe they changed the rendering engine (for the new shaders) and it didn't support the old brightness/gamma.

Thanks! Added the link to your thread as well.
  • DanterDanter Member Posts: 45
    Yeah I am hoping this gets added too. I have terrible eyes as it is and can't see dark things very well. My character has to carry a torch practically everywhere. Even in places lit by torchlight.
  • tfoxtfox Member Posts: 87
    I don't even know why this needs a mention on the trello board, it's a required feature that was present in 1.69 and isn't in EE, if anything it's removal should have been considered a bug and fixed already.
    dTdDerpCity
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    Hi!

The latest development build brings back Gamma functionality: You can type `Gamma x` in the console, where x is a floating point value larger than 0. The default is 2.2. This value is persisted to nwn.ini (under a new configuration key). Gamma only affects the rendered ingame scenery, not menus or UI, as it is applied through a FBO shader, not GL/system-wide gamma correction. There is no slider yet, sorry.

The feature request is now in the Short-term Active < 3 months section of the Roadmap Trello.
    Sylvus_Moonbow
  • prometheanpromethean Member Posts: 9
    @JuliusBorisov Thanks! Just used the console to adjust, worked perfectly. Much appreciated.
    JuliusBorisov