Skip to content

An open letter to Beamdog (RUS, ENG)

2»

Comments

• FreshLemonBunFreshLemonBun Member Posts: 909
    Yep.
  • raz651raz651 Member Posts: 175
    There is a point that needs to be considered. They are making enhancements to the game. They want to unhard code many features as the trello board indicates. People want the OC updated to the expansion pack henchmen. People are asking for FPC, People want more content in the OC. Adding a 4th class.

Point is: It makes more sense to wait until all the other features are done and then do an update to the OC with all the new features because down the road people are going to want it just like they want the OC to be updated to the HoTU henchman system. (That is if they do it)

DerpCity
  • XorinaXorina Member Posts: 138
    Andarian said:

You do not speak for the Neverwinter Nights community.

Neverwinter Nights is designed to support the robust indie development of full adventure modules. Why do you think that everything you want from a game like that has to come from the primary developer? And as their first deliverable? With respect, I don't understand that.

I've never understood, post GamerGate phenomenon, this complaint that this or that game is objectionable on xyz or abc grounds. Well OK, you don't have to buy that piece of Art.

The beauty of the Arts including videogames is anyone is free to create anything they want to (given effort), and with NWN Aurora toolset, folk have been able to create any narrative with any worldscape to suit their own peccadilloes since 2002.

• TorgrimmerTorgrimmer Member Posts: 331
    Well Said, and the Orcs from the North have the approval of the tribes to forgo the call, well done my brethren.
    [Deleted User]
  • sandronejmsandronejm Member Posts: 70
    I would love to have NWN:EE in first person camera. Some time ago I was looking for a plugin for that in the nwvault...
    WhiteTiger

---

Play my module for nwn1: "Amnesia Chapter 1"
  • Sar_YehudahSar_Yehudah Member Posts: 135
    Andarian wrote: »
    You do not speak for the Neverwinter Nights community.

If you mean to imply that many in your particular group feel this way, then by all means feel free to say so. The many of us who strongly disagree that Beamdog's limited resources should be used up on such efforts will speak our mind as well. We will continue to point out that it could spend those resources more effectively on first modernizing the game; that doing so will open up many new possibilities for its future, including the ones that you want; and that there will not be a commercially viable NWN:EE if they don't.

I would also point out that those improvements, which no one else can make, will enable the modding community to build viable expansions and continuations for the OC -- if there really is a significant player demand for them. This didn't happen before because Bioware and Atari declined to give permission to make fan mods of the OC. Trent has already stated on the forums here that we will now have that.

Neverwinter Nights is designed to support the robust indie development of full adventure modules. Why do you think that everything you want from a game like that has to come from the primary developer? And as their first deliverable? With respect, I don't understand that.

They shouldn't be using their limited resources to make Axis and Allies mobile/ish games either.

Almost no one is here for that game.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited May 2020

They shouldn't be using their limited resources to make Axis and Allies mobile/ish games either.

Almost no one is here for that game.

LMAO. That's funny, not to mention absurd.

TarotRedhandZwerkules
  • UbaiUbai Member Posts: 2
    edited May 2020
    I just want to add my two cents here. I am happy to support Beamdog by buying the premium modules they sell, but ONLY if they keep updating and improving the game's core features. NWN1 is still suffering from a lot of bugs and weirdness and it seems that the Trello board has been abandoned, which worries me.

I guess my point is that a clear line of communication between the company and their customers equals more income for Beamdog as long as that communication is accurate and reliable. I know you make announcements when you publish an update, but knowing what you are working on is also important.
    Post edited by Ubai on
    RifleLeroy
  • FreshLemonBunFreshLemonBun Member Posts: 909
    If I recall they already addressed this specific issue five times or so. I'm not sure it could be more clear than that.
    Zwerkules[Deleted User]