13»

Comments

• nanonano Member Posts: 1,632

nano said:

This is sounding less and less epic... I could do that in real life :p

@nano
    No, that's called building an IED.

Bad Nano. Don't do it again! :P
    stupid cowled wizards, cracking down on legitimate mages... grumble...
  • PurudayaPurudaya Member Posts: 816

zur312 said:

nothing but i would suggest
    16+con
    18+dex
    18+wis
    10+int
    18+cha
    11+str

You can keep CHA at minimum (16.
    Second, if you solo the game you really want to pump up STR as much as you can.
    Purudaya said:

From a power-gaming perspective, I would suggest maxing Int and Wis for the wish spell later on. It's an often overlooked spell as far as in-combat applications, but combined with time stop it pretty much makes you an unstoppable HLA-chucking machine. Secondary stats would be Con and Dex.

INT doesn't affect Wish, you just need WIS 18+ and that's it.
    Really? I could've SWORN intelligence played a part in wish results. Huh. Good to know!
  • OnestepOnestep Member Posts: 225
    nano said:

Now I'm wondering... do sorcerers need the same spell components as wizards?

Yep.

bah, I'm just gonna go psion.
  • OnestepOnestep Member Posts: 225
    nano said:

bah, I'm just gonna go psion.

Get Wild Talent. Dual Class whenever. Laugh all the way to the bank.

Or don't laugh. You have psionic powers. Make other people laugh for you.
    edited January 2014
    psold! ♥
  • hellwalker31hellwalker31 Member Posts: 16
    guys, believe me or not i was creating an elvish dragon disciple in bg2:soa (ok starting from bg1 is better but i created this character to check things out) to play a new game and i rolled to get 95 points total so this is how i made things out;

str 10, dex 19, con 16, in 14, wis 18, cha 18... So... i would suggest this build :tongue:
  • Contemplative_HamsterContemplative_Hamster Member Posts: 844

guys, believe me or not i was creating an elvish dragon disciple in bg2:soa (ok starting from bg1 is better but i created this character to check things out) to play a new game and i rolled to get 95 points total so this is how i made things out;

str 10, dex 19, con 16, in 14, wis 18, cha 18... So... i would suggest this build :tongue:

Cool roll! However,

• NimranNimran Member Posts: 4,875
    18 Charisma... for when you absolutely, ABSOLUTELY want that dagger +1 at the start of BG.
  • DrakeICNDrakeICN Member Posts: 623
    Nimran said:

18 Charisma... for when you absolutely, ABSOLUTELY want that dagger +1 at the start of BG.

Nu-uh!!! You can actually pickpocket it ;)
  • ChroniclerChronicler Member Posts: 1,391
    A sorcerer could just pick Friends as a starter spell.
  • hellwalker31hellwalker31 Member Posts: 16

Cool roll! However,

like hell if i care :P
  • LillyOberonLillyOberon Member Posts: 14
    And reading the whole post again in July 2019 ;) while rolling a 91.
  • gorgonzolagorgonzola Member Posts: 3,864
    i once have to try and eekeeper a roll of 36, should be fun... :)
  • shabadooshabadoo Member Posts: 324
    nano wrote: »
    Hmm, I much prefer sorcerer because their casting makes much more sense to me. I can accept but could never really wrap my head around the way wizards have to first copy a scroll into their spellbook (they can't memorize off a scroll?) and then memorize the spell in such a way that it disappears from memory when they cast it... but they can somehow memorize it more than once if they want to cast it multiple times (how do you memorize a piece of music or a poem more than once? But for some reason it works for spells)...
    When mages memorize their spells they also perform the beginning part of the spell, leaving only the final "triggering" phase left undone. They must do this for each use of the spell. That's how the phb explains it, roughly.