Skip to content

Maybe one day: NWN2:EE

13»

Comments

• loudentloudent Member Posts: 38
    Belanos said:

Vallmyr said:

NWN2 does have technical issues though such as even when using click to move sometimes my character will just teleport around, or using WASD controls the character will revert back to a previous location.

That's never happened to me, and I've put in a fair amount of hours into the game. So it doesn't sound like a big enough problem to do a remake over. Every game has glitches, but there's no need to redo them all.

There are fluidity issues that could be improved upon, but honestly, I would be happy if they just started making new campaigns for the platform
  • DrHappyAngryDrHappyAngry Member Posts: 1,577
    Belanos said:

Vallmyr said:

NWN2 does have technical issues though such as even when using click to move sometimes my character will just teleport around, or using WASD controls the character will revert back to a previous location.

That's never happened to me, and I've put in a fair amount of hours into the game. So it doesn't sound like a big enough problem to do a remake over. Every game has glitches, but there's no need to redo them all.

Really? That happens to me all the time, even if I'm just clicking around. I'll get teleported back to where I was or forward to where I was going and then get teleported back a second later. I can't think of when it hasn't happened over the years on all the different rigs I've played the game on. But still I agree, I don't think it's worth an EE, graphics are decent enough and mods can make the UI bigger for higher res displays.

Asides from some new premium modules for NWN:EE in the near term, I think I'd like to see beamdog do something completely new, next. They've built a fanbase, it's time they spread their wings.
  • VallmyrVallmyr Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,459
    Yeah it needs less of an EE and more of just a patch or something, though I doubt that will happen. If there's a way to fix that teleport bug though through a mod or something that would be rad. I'm not sure what's causing it if some people experience it and others don't.
  • scriverscriver Member Posts: 2,072
    It's a known and pretty big issue. You can diminish it to almost no problem with the Client Extension but it doesn't fully go away.
    scriver said:

It's a known and pretty big issue. You can diminish it to almost no problem with the Client Extension but it doesn't fully go away.

I don't recall ever running into this problem back in the day but I put my PW back up and it's been showing up pretty frequently last couple of days

In fact, now that I think of it, it started showing up when I replaced some network libraries so it points at the new nwnlist server. I might pull those out and see if it makes a difference (means the server wont show up but small price to pay to get rid of the teleport)
    loudent said:

scriver said:

I don't recall ever running into this problem back in the day but I put my PW back up and it's been showing up pretty frequently last couple of days
    <<FIXED>>

I finally tracked it down it was, in fact, caused by the client extension (at least in my case) but if you run into this problem you can fix it completely by removing the 'move prediction' code in the client extension (just type /mpredict in the chat window to toggle it off).

Game is playing like a charm now

• VallmyrVallmyr Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,459
    OH MY

That seems to have fixed it, at least with my short time of testing. If this continues to work then THANK YOU. That was one of my main gripes why I like BG more than NWN2 was BG had more smooth character controls. But if this fixes this then RAD
    Vallmyr said:

OH MY

That seems to have fixed it, at least with my short time of testing. If this continues to work then THANK YOU. That was one of my main gripes why I like BG more than NWN2 was BG had more smooth character controls. But if this fixes this then RAD

Just keep in mind that it defaults to on so you have to toggle it off at the start of every session.