Skip to content

Would you like to make the "Infinite Dungeons" premium module playable in multiplayer?

HunterRayder93HunterRayder93 Member Posts: 266
edited January 2018 in Official Campaigns
It has already been discussed at the beginning and then it seems that it is no longer spoken ... but I would like to propose it again.

You could make the premium module "infinite Dungeons" playable in multiplayer?The message that tells you at the entrance of the first level makes me think that this module was intended to be played by multiple players online ......

So is it possible to make it playable in multiplayer? and then alone and a bit difficult if played with a level 1 character especially in the first areas that the enemies are sometimes very powerful, and the recruable characters you see around are practically useless, in addition if you die and respowni at the beginning of a area enemies attack you to attack ...

but what is worse and that if you attract the nemicivicino to a field of npc the npc begin to attack the enemies but if they die they can not respown anymore.

I'm just part of the many problems I've found playing this premium module ... let me know if there are any other problems and if you too want to make this modult multyplayer.
  1. Would you like to make the "Infinite Dungeons" premium module playable in multiplayer?29 votes
    1. Yes
      93.10%
    2. No
        6.90%

Comments

• Taro94Taro94 Member Posts: 125
    The module used to be playable multiplayer before the EE, just like all the other premiums (though only Infinite Dungeons, Pirates of the Sword Coast and Witch's Wake supported multiplayer).

It's not a secret. Multiplayer is even a feature advertised in the trailer of this module:

Non-functioning multiplayer of premium modules is a bug, plain and simple. It needs to be removed before the game ships.
    HunterRayder93Proont
  • HunterRayder93HunterRayder93 Member Posts: 266
    Taro94 said:

The module used to be playable multiplayer before the EE, just like all the other premiums (though only Infinite Dungeons, Pirates of the Sword Coast and Witch's Wake supported multiplayer).Non-functioning multiplayer of premium modules is a bug, plain and simple. It needs to be removed before the game ships.

I tried to play on my own but it is too difficult to encounter difficulties and too high to be played by just one character, I believe that the difficulty must be balanced, the form itself is fantastic and intrigues me but I would like that it was more than rendered in multiplayer even more balanced.

• Taro94Taro94 Member Posts: 125
    edited January 2018
    It's recommended that you level-up to level 5 at the beginning. It's still kind of difficult at the beginning, but managable. Later on it becomes much easier.

Unfortunately, it can become too easy very quickly, especially considering Infinite Dungeons provides some very OP loot in abundance. If you feel the same way after playing it some time, I've written a balance mod that, among several other things, removes the OP loot.

If you're interested, you can find it here: https://neverwintervault.org/project/nwn1/other/patch/infinite-dungeons-no-random-loot-mod-balance-mod

I've made a new version, but have not uploaded it yet. I think that before I do, I'll add an option to hide cloaks and helmets, courtesy of the new EE functions. It does not really have anything to do with balance, but I'd like that, so hey, why not. ;)
    HunterRayder93
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    The Trello card for it is now moved to the Proposed section of the Roadmap board!
  • HunterRayder93HunterRayder93 Member Posts: 266

The Trello card for it is now moved to the Proposed section of the Roadmap board!

Nice! tnk's @JuliusBorisov ! :smile:
    JuliusBorisov
  • elfstarelfstar Member Posts: 1
    yes absolutely
  • themazingnessthemazingness Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 702
    Yes. It's kind of weird that it isn't.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    The latest update to the Development build is here. Lots of exciting stuff here including re-enabling multiplayer for some premium modules. Enjoy!
    http://steamcommunity.com/games/704450/announcements/detail/1658886571694616501
    Tartle_Wizardgrom56Proont
  • Tartle_WizardTartle_Wizard Member Posts: 10
    Oh man, I purchased two copies of the game with the Infinite Dungeons hoping to play it on LAN at home. I didn't notice that it wasn't listing as multiplayer on steam. I hope they fix this soon.

Oh man, I purchased two copies of the game with the Infinite Dungeons hoping to play it on LAN at home. I didn't notice that it wasn't listing as multiplayer on steam. I hope they fix this soon.

@Tartle_Wizard They are actually available for MP now (this thread was created long ago).
    Tartle_Wizard
    That is good news. I will be playing it tonight then. On Steam it is still listed as only Single-player on the page for the DLC module. The same is true for the other premium modules as well.
    JuliusBorisov
    Thanks for catching this up. Should be fixed now.
    Tartle_Wizard

Thanks for catching this up. Should be fixed now.

Glad I could help in a small way. I hope it drives some extra money your way from a few Steam users. I appreciate the energy the Beamdog staff are expending to reinvigorate these games. They are an important part of my younger years and it is exciting to see them getting new life.
    JuliusBorisov
  • K333f3rK333f3r Member Posts: 1
    Im having issues getting multiplayer infinite dungeons to work over the net. Seems to work fine for hoster but the person who joins has no equipment, cant transfer items to them as they dont appear in inventory and the game lags badly. Any tips or guides on multiplayer setups or is it just known issues that are being worked on?