Skip to content

Using Dace and Fade in current BG2EE Beta

DawgliciousDawglicious Member Posts: 221
edited April 2018 in BGII:EE Mods
I am running the Dace mod in my current game, and when I go to remove her from my party, she is no longer an active party NPC, walks up to my PC, and then just stands there. I can't initiate dialogue with her anymore, and I have to use debug mode and control-Q her to add her back.

Any ideas on how to fix this? I am barely familiar with NI, but enough so that if someone pointed me in the right direction I could possibly correct whatever is not properly triggering.

I am also running into a problem with the Fade mod. The first random comment Dorn made to no one was : "Cease your malcontent mutterings, Pixie. It is not my problem that my presence unsettles you so." Fade is not in my party nor have I even met her, but I guess the game thinks I have

Thank you!
Post edited by Dawglicious on

Comments

• DawgliciousDawglicious Member Posts: 221
    edited March 2018
    Alright so I am not sure how to fix the whole Dace issue, but I did fix the Fade banters triggering with no Fade in party! It would seem that the Fade/Dorn banters are set up to trigger upon a check of DORN being in the party, instead of looking for E3FADE. Using NI I changed the InParty and See triggers in BDORN.DLG from DORN to E3FADE and it seems like it is working now? Dorn is no longer triggering dialogues to himself, and when I spawned Fade and added her to my party, the dialogues triggered properly.

@LavaDelVortel You are currently maintaining Fade, yea? Just thought I would tag you about this in case it hasn't come up before. I am using the current experimental version.
  • verlaineverlaine Member Posts: 47
    Dace
    Check that C:GetGlobal("T#DaceJoined","GLOBAL") is 1 while she is in the party, otherwise set it to 1 before you kick her out.
    Fade
    No idea. Is she even compatible?
  • DawgliciousDawglicious Member Posts: 221
    verlaine said:

Dace
    Check that C:GetGlobal("T#DaceJoined","GLOBAL") is 1 while she is in the party, otherwise set it to 1 before you kick her out.
    Fade
    No idea. Is she even compatible?

That did it, thank you! Interestingly, the DaceJoined Global didn't exist! I added it in with EEKeeper and all was fine.

As for Fade, she is being updated, I am guessing I just stumbled on a bug.