Skip to content

BG 2: EE, v. 2.5b Android; failed to import SoD items

LuthivarLuthivar Member Posts: 5
Hello there!

I have a problem after importing my character from SoD to BG 2: EE. The items from BG 1: EE carried over like they should, while I can't find any of the new items from SoD (checked the official locations of the Buckler of the fist, Biter+2 and the Flame Robe in Athkatla).

If I start ToB or Black Pits with the same char file, all the SoD items are still in my inventory, so it's not the file itself.

Were the items distributed elsewhere during a recent beta patch so that their locations changed? Any suggestions on what happened to my imported gear? I wouldn't bother asking if it wasn't for the Bard's hat. I bought SoD for a Haer'dalis walkthrough.

Cheating ("debugging") doesn't work for Android or SoD items.

Looking forward to some support;)

Comments

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    Hello! It's most likely because BGII:EE on Android hasn't been updated for anything SoD-related yet.
  • LuthivarLuthivar Member Posts: 5
    So v. 2.5 on Android doesn't provide the same updates as v. 2.5 on steam? O.o

Would explain my issues with it, thank you (although I wonder why the new items show up in ToB). Are there any further updates for android planned? Maybe fixing the experience-bug for dual-classed characters, too?
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    SoD has been released on Android just several weeks ago, and BGII:EE beta on Android hasn't got an update yet. Interesting that you mention the new items showing up in ToB - please, report the SoA issue on support.baldursgate.com so that the issue is not missed 100%.

Yes, a work on a new build of the beta is going. What do you mean by the experience-bug for dual-classed characters?
    edited April 2018
    Ok, i'll leave a note to the support;)

The xp for my fighter9/mage10 are calculated as if I had levelled a single-class mage after importing to SoA/ToB. Added the starting hp from fighter class maybe, as my Charname currently has 85 hp (at 19 con; SoD originally 139 hp). While Black Pits II showed the correct amount of hp. Didn't go into detail here, as this is apparently already a well-known issue. Or has it already been solved for the non-Android platforms?
    The HP situation is indeed a known issue, planned to be fixed (https://support.baldursgate.com/issues/36099)
  • Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,871
    Items will be imported if you use Import Game instead of the New Game.
    I can't import a savegame neither from BG1:EE nor SoD to BG2:EE. The game doesn't seem to recognise the other installations or copied savegames in its own savegame folder, not even working for the final ones. Seems to be fixed with the upcoming patch, though.