Skip to content

Can't play Multiplayer on Linux, have ammended Bug #36329

Deep6Deep6 Member Posts: 9
Hello,
I am having the same problem described in Bug 36329, which I have ammended with details. I filed it 6 days ago, and unfortunately no action. I have removed my cdkey.ini and it gets re-created with the same value. I am deeply saddened by this as I've supported this game every chance I get. I purchased the original with all the expansions, then I purchased the GoG version and now this, but the EE version doesn't work.

Comments

• Deep6Deep6 Member Posts: 9
    @JuliusBorisov you seem to be the oracle of all things cdkey/multiplayer can you advise? Happy to help troubleshoot.
  • ShaidenShaiden Member Posts: 181
    Howdy!

Can you confirm the contents of your CDkey.ini is the same as what is listed in your Beamdog account? (Looking at the top of the screen under 'account')

Can you make sure that the game purchase was completed successfully?

Did you purchase the game on Beamdog or Steam?

Thanks!
    Purchased the game via steam. I have been looking where the cd key is in steam but haven't found it anywhere and the steam UI is not intuitive , at least on the linux client side.
    Removing the cdkey.ini seems to always reproduce the same key, for what it's worth.
  • ShaidenShaiden Member Posts: 181
    Ok! Can you PM me the key you have associated? I'll check it against the records.
    @JuliusBorisov unfortunately @Shaiden had to attend to an urgent matter and suggested I contact you for some assistance?
    Can you advise:

Shaiden 4:09PM
    Hey there!

I'm very sorry to say this, but I'm afraid I'm going to be out of the office for a week or two. Might I suggest you ping Julius, and he may be able to find another contact you could use for look into this issue?

Please feel free to include this conversation & any of my responses if it means forwarding to another contact point.

Again, I'm very sorry to do this to you, I'm afraid this came up rather suddenly, but I'd rather let you know directly, than have my absence speak for itself.
  • CuvCuv Member, Developer Posts: 2,535
    Heya @Deep6

You can find your cdkey.ini in your Documents/Neverwinter Nights folder. So check the ini to verify it matches the key you received.

Also you can PM me with you CD key and I can get it checked for you.
    @cuv I am not running on Windows, instead Linux, I've located the cdkey.ini, but I actually don't know where it is in within the steam ecosystem to verify against that. I think the steam windows client is different than the steam windows client.
    Oh okay Linux - so you will need to hit ctrl+h with your home folder open. this will get you //home/.local(hidden)/share/Neverwinter Nights and that is where your ini should be. Let me know
    Fixed the issue myself, installed it within Windows the Steam key is drastically different than the one that is created in the Linux initialization. When I entered my Windows based key into my Linux environment, it worked fine.
    I suspect the key generation routines aren't correct within Linux.
    That is great you the key sorted. Linux is being looked at carefully and fixes in the works.