Skip to content

BGT: Minsc doesn't initiate the leaving dialogue!

MelkorrMelkorr Member Posts: 23
Hello everyone I'd really appreciate some feedback on this problem:
I'm trying to kick Minsc from the group to add Viconia, but once I do add her Minsc starts walking towards my character and then doesn't initiate the leaving dialogue.
This means that he won't go to the Copper Coronet and that I won't be able to recruit him later on.

Any insights?

Comments

• ArunsunArunsun Member Posts: 1,592
    edited April 2018
    On precisely why this happens, none. One would need to have a list of installed mods, make an install with these mods, a save, etc... to check what's going on.
    But if you have the console enabled, you should probably be able to ctrl+Q Minsc into your party later on. This shouldn't break the rest of his dialogues and interactions.
    Melkorr
  • MelkorrMelkorr Member Posts: 23
    Thank you for your answer Arunsun.
    Yes I have the console enabled; so I just put the cursor over Minsc and hold ctrl+Q?
    Melkorr said:

Thank you for your answer Arunsun.
    Yes I have the console enabled; so I just put the cursor over Minsc and hold ctrl+Q?

Yes, that's about it, this will put him back into your party.
    Melkorr
    edited April 2018
    Will try this right now.
    Thanks ! :smile:

EDIT: Yes it worked ! Thank you very much!!

I have another question, maybe you could help me as well; Whenever i try to summon a familiar nothing happens (I had a familiar at the end of BG1).

Any idea on why this happens or how I could fix it?
    Post edited by Melkorr on
    Can't be exactly sure why, since it's a modded install, and furthermore your Find Familiar is modded.
    I am not really familiar (pun intended) with BGT, but it probably comes from an issue with your familiar being stuck in a BG1 map and not following you properly.

Perhaps you could send your Find Familiar spell file (go to your game folder, then override folder, and then the file should be named spwi123.spl) and the folder of this save. Zip it all and attach it to your post so that I might have a look.
    Melkorr
    Thank you so much for doing this Arunsun! (and bravo for "I am not really 'familiar'" :smiley: )

I didn't find spwi123.spl in the override folder; the one that I found was in:
    Baldur's Gate 2\WTPFamiliars\Backup\0
    (As you say, it seems that it was modded with this mod http://gibberlings3.net/forums/index.php?s=af0369a88f74d3bd2d2e072c5d83dce5&showtopic=23874)

PS: My familiar in BG1 was the Faerie Dragon - casting the spell and choosing one of the other 2 familiars sort of works; but when you talk with them they disappear - With the Faerie Dragon nothing happens (as in the video)
    I went through your save and apparently your familiar is recorded in it but his current area is set to "none".
    Maybe try CLUAConsole:Eval(MoveGlobalObject("WTPFairy",Player1)) . If your familiar still exists somewhere, this should move it to you. Otherwise, try CLUAConsole:Eval(CreateCreature("WTPFairy"). This will create the familiar anew.
    Melkorr
    edited April 2018
    I tried both of what you recommended; but each time I got:

"
    lua : call expression not a fonction
    Active Stack
    Active Stack
    "

Here's what it looks like
    edited April 2018
    Concerning the first one, apparently on old BG installs (such as BGT) the Eval function doesn't exist so nevermind that... So maybe try CLUAConsole:SetGlobal("WTPFMFAE","GLOBAL",1) and wait a couple of seconds.

Well I wrote some crap on the second one, try that instead:
    CLUAConsole:CreateCreature("WTPFairy")
    Melkorr
    edited April 2018
    All right.
    CLUAConsole:CreateCreature("WTPFairy") invokes the familiar (it appears as a lvl1 familiar); it appears with a green circle under it but it's not part of the party somehow; I can't move it around and when I select all the party members with the select all button it doesn't get selected.
    When I talk with it it says that it wants a breath of fresh air then disappears :disappointed:

EDIT: I tried the control + Q trick over it; but it asks me to boot out another party member
    EDIT2: I don't know if this can be of any help; but I have a savegame at the end of BG1 with the familiar
    edited April 2018
    Another possible solution would be editing directly your save. I'm not very confident in doing it myself because our installs differ, and mine is Enhanced Edition so it might screw things somehow, and not make it portable back to BGT.
    I advise making another copy of your current save before going on the following steps:
    Download NearInfinity if you haven't already ( https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/30593/new-versions-of-nearinfinity-available/p1 ) and put it into your game folder
    Run it, and look for the Save folder on the left of the interface and open it, then open the appropriate save folder and finally click the BALDUR.GAM file. You should have something that looks like that:

On top of the screen, there's an "edit" tab. Go there, look for the list of "Party Members" and take the first one for instance. Note what's written next to the Current Area, Location X and Location Y fields.
    Then look for your familiar in the list of Non-Party Characters. It should be called *TPFAIRY. In my version of your save, it's Non-Party Character 51.
    Open that (Double-clicking, or clicking View/Edit at the bottom of the interface) and replace the Current Area, Location X and Y with what you previously noted. Close that window, then press save (at the bottom of your screen) on the main window. This will save the BALDUR.GAM file.

Now when you load your save again, your familiar should be next to you.

Melkorr
    I did what you advised but I'm having an issue with Near Infinity; for the life of me I can't get the menu on the right when I select BALDUR.GAM; I tried double clicking, right clicking on it then "open" or "open in a new window" but nothing seems to work; the right hand side window shows whatever I was clicking on before I clicked on BALDUR.GAM

(In this picture It was BALDUR.SAV)
    I also tried with EEKeeper but it crashes when I load the saved game.
    At this point I'm quite desperate about this; I know the chances of you editing the save and sending it back and it working are slim, but I'd like to try that if you wouldn't mind.
    Would that be possible?
    See attached file. Then again it might not work
    Melkorr
    Thanks again Arunsun!

The savegame worked with no issues; the familiar is there and is controllable.
    But there is still one last issue; as soon as I interact with the familiar it says 'I want a breath of fresh air' or something similar and then it disappears and it can't be recalled again using the summon familiar spell.
    (I tried to talk with it to get it to level up).

I could live with this I guess, but it would be awesome if I could also get it to level up :persevere:
    Mmmh try CLUAConsole:SetGlobal("#GINPACK","GLOBAL",0)
    This probably got me to understand what happened. By any chance, was your familiar in your inventory when you finished Baldur's Gate?
    Because the script detects it as if it went to your inventory and never got out, probably because your inventory got wiped when BG2 started and the mod doesn't handle that. If you want to avoid this issue in the future make sure your familiar is out of your inventory when you finish BG1
    Melkorr
    It worked,it worked, IT WORKED !!!!
    Thank you so much for your help Arunsun !!!! :):):)