Skip to content

A Frosty Journey: The IWDEE Kitpack

12346»

Comments

• toolargtoolarg Member Posts: 179
    Looking at the mercenary 2DA the description doesn't seem to mach it. The thac0 and damage bonus is received at level 1 and the extra gold at level 2, but only once, not every 2 levels as described. Also the description doesn't state the fact that they cant put any pips in two handed weapons.
    elminster
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited April 2018
    Yea post here again if that doesn't get addressed by me in a weeks time. Right now i can't spend any time on modding unfortunately.
  • bearcattonybearcattony Member Posts: 32
    I noticed if I installed frosty journey with might and guile, classes like Corsair are unavailable. Haven't tested this though since the 2.5 update.
    elminster
    toolarg said:

Looking at the mercenary 2DA the description doesn't seem to mach it. The thac0 and damage bonus is received at level 1 and the extra gold at level 2, but only once, not every 2 levels as described. Also the description doesn't state the fact that they cant put any pips in two handed weapons.

Thanks for pointing these out. It took awhile but I've since updated the mod. People using mercenaries from now on shouldn't have these issues (though the fixes won't restore all of the things you've missed).

I noticed if I installed frosty journey with might and guile, classes like Corsair are unavailable. Haven't tested this though since the 2.5 update.

There may be a limit on the number of kits that can appear on the character creation screen at any given time. This is something that also may have been addressed on one of the later patches. I don't remember. The limit was actually one of the reasons I included so many race specific kits in the mod.
    Also apparently this mod has gotten over 10,000 downloads. That's nuts! Thanks everyone! :)
    JuliusBorisov
  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    @elminster A notice that one disadvantage from one of the kits is a limitation for a stat (16 Charisma for the Mercenary).

How did you do that? I need to do something similar for a kit I'm working on.

Thanks!
    edited June 2018
    Raduziel said:

@elminster A notice that one disadvantage from one of the kits is a limitation for a stat (16 Charisma for the Mercenary).

Thanks!

It's done in the Tp2 file. In my case by the second line below.

// these are the stat modifiers at character creation. Both positive an negative values are accepted.
    ~k9Merc 0 0 0 0 0 -2~

Mentioned here https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/34119/how-to-making-kit-mods-for-the-ee/p1
  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    elminster said:

Raduziel said:

Thanks!

It's done in the Tp2 file. In my case by the second line below.

// these are the stat modifiers at character creation. Both positive an negative values are accepted.
    ~k9Merc 0 0 0 0 0 -2~

Mentioned here https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/34119/how-to-making-kit-mods-for-the-ee/p1
    But, let's say if the character finds three Tomes of Charisma he/she will be able to overcome this maximum value of 16?

Because what I'm trying to learn to do is enforce a character to always have a stat equal to or less than X.

Thanks @elminster !
    They would still be able to get above 16. You could create a spell file that sets their charisma to 16, but that is about the only thing I can think of that would limit it more to what you had in mind.
    Raduziel
    edited July 2018
    With SHS being down I'm making this available through this link.

People interested in its readme can view it here
    Post edited by elminster on
    JuliusBorisov
  • Saigon1983Saigon1983 Member Posts: 157
    @elminster, Hi! This is improved translation for this mod for version 2.92 ))
    elminster
  • DaechirDaechir Member Posts: 13
    Hello, first of all great mod! I have one small issue, I love to make a monk of the old order, but I don't like the white colour of his clothes, armor. When Im going to pick colours for his appearance, I can't change that white. Is it a way to pick other colours? For example, I really like the all black, dark colours the monk of the long death gets.

Kind regards
    EE keeper is probably your best bet for this.
  • DaechirDaechir Member Posts: 13
    Thank you for the quick reply. EE Keeper it's to complicate and confusing for me to learn it and use it though. So I will create a Long Death Monk instead.
  • KXHKXH Member Posts: 2
    Why did you put the file on an insecure website? I'm a bit squeamish about such things.
  • FrenzgynFrenzgyn Member Posts: 78
    KXH wrote: »
    Why did you put the file on an insecure website? I'm a bit squeamish about such things.

What are you talking about?

The latest known version (2.93) is hosted on Spellhold Studios, a well known modding community.
    Last year it went offline for several months due to a hardware failure of the server where it was hosted, but now it's back online and functional.