Skip to content

[Spoilers] Ancient Menhir quest

Could someone please direct me (possibly with a screenshot of the location) where the Grave is after completing the quest? He states on the Eastern side... But I cannot seem to locate the Grave. x_x

Please & Thank you~

Comments

• LtLukoziuzLtLukoziuz Member Posts: 21
    Dwarf Dungeon Level 1, in east end of it.

• IcecreamtubIcecreamtub Member Posts: 547

Dwarf Dungeon Level 1, in east end of it.

Thank you, thank you, thank you~~
  • StoibsStoibs Member Posts: 66
    Oh.. damn.
    Sucks when you've already cleared out an area and have little reason to return unless specifically directed to.

I too was walking around for ages trying to figure out what 'east' meant in context. Ended up not caring and carried on with the main story. Hope I didn't miss any unique treasure.
    That dialogue with the spirit should *really* specify that it is in that cave that you may or may not have already 100% cleared.. -_-
  • Granas3Granas3 Member Posts: 41
    It says that you wouldn't have found it if you didn't know exactly where to look, it's sort of hidden by a pile of rubble. I think they gave enough of a hint, a barrow overtaken by a dark force in the east, there's only one underground area on the map anyway
  • IcecreamtubIcecreamtub Member Posts: 547
    edited April 2016
    Coincidentally, my last Menhir was the one directly by the cave.

So it's actually really funny that I missed it entirely.
  • ZuTheSkunkZuTheSkunk Member Posts: 19
    I'm having a problem with this quest. As it is right now, the quest log contains five "I need to find all six ancient menhirs in the area" journal entries. I think I have interacted with all six menhirs, but the quest doesn't progress any further. The questgiver has no new dialogue. Out of the 6 menhirs, 4 no longer have the interaction icon, and the remaining 2 do have it, but only show some kind of description when interacted with. The menhir next to the questgiver gives a long description, and the menhir next to the Black Pits only says "Runes eroded by time mark one face of this tall stone menhir" when interacted with.

Did the quest bug out or something? I'm playing on Android, by the way.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
    @ZuTheSkunk Yes, this quest has a bug on Android right now. It's being worked on.
  • ZuTheSkunkZuTheSkunk Member Posts: 19
    @JuliusBorisov Ah, that would explain it, thanks for letting me know.

Is there any info on when one can expect the next patch?
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    @ZuTheSkunk It was mentioned in the last livesteram that they are shooting to get the 2.5 patch out this month.
  • AndrewSmeeAndrewSmee Member Posts: 1
    Casting Greater Resurrection on this already necroed thread to chime in on the Ancient Menhir quest bug.

I ran into this as well, activating all six menhirs but the ghost not appearing. I used the console commands Jarrakul helpfully posted above after activating the BG:EE console (instructions here: https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/61900/how-to-enable-the-console-in-bgee-sod-bg2ee-in-version-2-0-and-later )

The full commands you need to plug into the console to reset the menhir variables are:

C:SetGlobal("bdmenhi1_rune","GLOBAL",0)
    C:SetGlobal("bdmenhi2_rune","GLOBAL",0)
    C:SetGlobal("bdmenhi3_rune","GLOBAL",0)
    C:SetGlobal("bdmenhi4_rune","GLOBAL",0)
    C:SetGlobal("bdmenhi5_rune","GLOBAL",0)
    C:SetGlobal("bdmenhi6_rune","GLOBAL",0)

Do that, and any troublesome menhirs should be reset and resingable. I was able to complete the quest after doing so.

Thanks!
  • JLEJLE Member Posts: 58
    edited February 2019
    Thanks. Just confirming that this bug still exists. I activated all the menhirs with my high-charisma main character, except the first which I activated with Minsc to deliberately fail just for the hell of it. Now the first one (the one right by Prin), when I mouseover it, still seems to be activatable, but doesn't do anything when I do it.

[EDIT]: It was the one called BDMenhi4_rune in the global list above, and its value was somehow set to 2. The runes were shining but I never got the message saying I had activated it.

Using the console to reset the global to 0 and then reactivating it worked, but FIX THIS BUG PLEASE.
  • histamiinihistamiini Member Posts: 1,437
    edited February 2019
    JLE wrote: »
    Thanks. Just confirming that this bug still exists. I activated all the menhirs with my high-charisma main character, except the first which I activated with Minsc to deliberately fail just for the hell of it. Now the first one (the one right by Prin), when I mouseover it, still seems to be activatable, but doesn't do anything when I do it.

[EDIT]: It was the one called BDMenhi4_rune in the global list above, and its value was somehow set to 2. The runes were shining but I never got the message saying I had activated it.

Using the console to reset the global to 0 and then reactivating it worked, but FIX THIS BUG PLEASE.
    I concur, just did the quest and had to reset the 1st rune to finish the quest. Never had problem with the guest before 2.5

• JLEJLE Member Posts: 58
    It looks like activating the menhir worked fine when I did it with my high charisma main character, but not when I deliberately failed it by doing the singing with low-charisma Minsc?
  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    Didn't play SoD in 2.5 yet, but before I never got this bug, but a different one.

The ghost appeared, attacked, I killed it, then reappeared, I killed it, etc. An endless circle (with tons of XP as every time the ghost was killed the party receive 3K XP IIRC).

Changing the dialogues options killed this loop, so until now IDK if that behavior was intended.
  • MacHurtoMacHurto Member Posts: 731
    Necro it to say I face the same bug in iPad
  • JayRubelJayRubel Member Posts: 1
    This is bugged on the xbox one as well.
  • demilich666demilich666 Member Posts: 1
    Although I am using mods (EET and Tweaks Anthology) this still seems bugged (PC version), even with resetting the global variables. My character has 9 charisma, and some of the runes damaged me and then I could activate them, but others acted like in the original post (didn't have interaction icon or just gave a description). Resetting the variables fixed some but not all of them.

The only way I could get it to work was by increasing my charisma with EEKeeper, then it worked fine. Is this quest not doable at all without a high enough charisma?
  • DaevelonDaevelon Member Posts: 605
    The only way I could get it to work was by increasing my charisma with EEKeeper, then it worked fine. Is this quest not doable at all without a high enough charisma?

In SoD there are potions that raise charisma, so it's not needed to use EEKeeper, anyway i think that till 2.6 patch (it means probably till next decade) increasing charisma it's the only way.
    But the menhir is a bard quest with bard rewards. I don't think needing high charisma is a bug.
  • DaevelonDaevelon Member Posts: 605
    ThacoBell wrote: »
    But the menhir is a bard quest with bard rewards. I don't think needing high charisma is a bug.

The bug is not about the activation (that as you say just needs high charisma) but constists in not being allowed to repeat after the first "bad" activation.
    It's an addressed issue.
    Ah, okay.
  • MaythMayth Member Posts: 1
    Ugh, here I am, as my fathers before me, resurrecting this thread. I just started playing SoD on my Android phone and hit the Menhir bug. Is it possible to reset the variables on an Android version? I've never tried any type of modding or fix on a game before, but this is driving me nuts. I'm sure I could change those variables, but I don't want to go poking around in the game files without knowing if that fix will even work for this version of the game.

If that fix DOES work for Android, my next question is: do I just plug my phone into a computer and treat it like another hard drive? That's all I'd need to do, right?

Thanks in advance. Also: first post here!
  • MacDaddyDMacDaddyD Member Posts: 10
    edited February 2021
    SO i found all the menhirs but I didnt pick option 4 when I was asked the question I asked Dynaheir the answer and she knew it. I didnt see a ghost and cant find the ghost now. The ghost got ghost on me:D
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
    @MacDaddyD If you play on Steam, opt-in the 2.6 beta and reload from an earlier save. The quest should work alright there.
  • MacDaddyDMacDaddyD Member Posts: 10
    edited February 2021
    I cant finish this quest either lol I used the console commands and it only reset one..thats twice I actuvated it but that lil special looking circle shows when I scroll over it...so all quests up to the castle are done except that one :D none of my saves are close im at the castle lol I guess my obseisssive compulsive disorder is just gonna have to take the L :D

actually I tried the console a second time and it worked...lol I have no idea but awesomeness
  • BlackmoorBlackmoor Member Posts: 8
    necro again - ive found if you talk to prin to start the quest, then go to the menhir by the refugees turned to stone and have your low cha toon sing to that one FIRST, then solve the riddle, then have a high cha toon talk to the rest you can solve the riddle for the achievement and activate all the mehirs so the ghost appears
  • caescaes Member Posts: 33
    edited July 2022
    Playing 2.6.6.0. Menhirs are still bugged.
  • OlorinielOloriniel Member Posts: 49
    After I've clicked all 6 menhirs, Crommus the ghost appears....he summons his love, Carline...who never shows, and the game hangs.
  • menthirmenthir Member Posts: 2
    edited October 2022
    I just registered to confirm the issue is till present in 2022, with v 2.6.6.0

Worse, my char has 21 charisma and he managed fail the activation and spawn monsters instead.

Seriously Beamdog... after so many years i was expecting this to be solved already. Seems like you don't care about you own game anymore.