Skip to content

NWN EE in Windowed mode?

Can NWN EE be run in windowed mode? There is no option in graphics settings. An old hack was to put these two lines in nwn.ini under Display Options but it doesn't work for me;

FullScreen=0
AllowWindowedMode=1

Has anyone figured it out?

Comments

• SultericSulteric Member Posts: 5
    I just answered my own question. It does work, you just have to go into resolution settings and decrease the window size. By default it will be whatever your monitor can handle at full screen. Knock it down one or two steps, apply, exit out and restart. Walla!
  • KaosWarMonkKaosWarMonk Member Posts: 40
    edited April 2018
    I use ALT+Enter shortcut to go from full screen to windowed. Once in windowed, resize it to whatever you want it to be. I've got mine to fill most of the screen with just a bit of the surrounds and taskbar visible. You can jump between windowed and full using the same shortcut.

Have fun.
  • moparmanmoparman Member Posts: 46
    One more addition to this for others future reference. Once in windowed mode the mouse look around (moving the mouse to change your view) no longer works. I find myself having to use Alt+Enter to go back to full screen view if I have to change my view. Irritating but easily worked around. They need to fix this.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
    @moparman Please, report it on support.baldursgate.com (the bug tracker) so that it doesn't get lost .
  • KaosWarMonkKaosWarMonk Member Posts: 40
    edited May 2018
    moparman said:

One more addition to this for others future reference. Once in windowed mode the mouse look around (moving the mouse to change your view) no longer works. I find myself having to use Alt+Enter to go back to full screen view if I have to change my view. Irritating but easily worked around. They need to fix this.

Just in case you didn't know... Try pressing the 3rd mouse button (usually the scroll wheel) whilst moving the mouse to pan your view around. Works in any screen mode.

:)