Skip to content

Patch notes of the BG:EE patch beta update

JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
edited April 2018 in The 2.5 Update Beta
The 2.5 Patch Beta for BG:EE has just been updated on Steam and Beamdog to v2.5.15.1!

The full patch notes are here: http://blog.beamdog.com/2018/04/baldurs-gate-enhanced-edition-25-beta.html

Additional cookies to everyone who reads the notes till the end ;) (there're a lot of features and fixes)

Comments

• lefreutlefreut Member Posts: 1,462
    Where's my :cookie: ?
  • DoubledimasDoubledimas Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,286
    A take all button on containers!
  • _Luke__Luke_ Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,535
    edited April 2018
    [Console] Now there's a brief description next to each Area Code -> so handy!
    @JuliusBorisov Do you know if the team is currently woking to bring the Console to mobile?
  • kjeronkjeron Member Posts: 2,367
    @JuliusBorisov
    I do not understand why this was a bug/changed:
    Icons should not be present on portraits if the character is dead (35283)
    https://support.baldursgate.com/issues/35164
    Being dead does not suppress these effects, so why should it suppress the portrait icon for them?
    Viconia still has 50% Magic Resistance while dead.
    Dorn is still Immune to Level Drain and Fear even while dead.

If you created a Raise Dead spell that checked Magic Resistance, it would fail on Viconia 50% of the time.

In contrast, the Maze and Imprisonment opcodes suppress all other portrait icons because they actually suppress all other effects for their duration (except the Freedom effect).
  • BelegCuthalionBelegCuthalion Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 453

A take all button on containers!

I remember the German game magazine pc joker back when bg1 (not ee) was released that the game has no take all button. (It still gave a 92% rating).

That magazine is long gone now, but: In your face, joker!
  • fortysevenfortyseven Member Posts: 96
    edited April 2018
    The bug fix list is missing one item for #36415. The assign keys list has been amended to include all priest and mage spells accept HLAs. Hurray for that. Now bring back combining CTRL for assign keys and I will be a happy man.
  • IsayaIsaya Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 752
    I didn't find two issues I reported regarding the Android version. Is there any chance they will be added when the Android beta is released?

First one is the inability to add mods or VO in languages other than english in the game. For instance, french VO is not included in V2.5.10 on Android and it's not possible to use the biff files from the Windows version because of this issue.

Additionally, could you ensure that this issue regarding the text used to access the DLC page is fixed in the mobile versions? Or maybe Beamdog doesn't mind loosing DLC sales.

Thank you.
  • EtaminEtamin Member Posts: 830
    I still miss fixing this bug: https://support.baldursgate.com/issues/22358
    I reported it over 2 years ago. You can't permanently unmark map notes.
  • theonlypeejtheonlypeej Member Posts: 44
    OK...Steam Beta update installed...Lost my access to SOD???
  • lefreutlefreut Member Posts: 1,462
    @theonlypeej the beta is for BG:EE only not SoD. On Steam, you need to disable SoD for it to work properly.
  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    What's the internal name used for the Priest of Tempus kit?
  • kjeronkjeron Member Posts: 2,367
    OHTEMPUS, same as it was from IWDEE.
  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    Thanks, @kjeron
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    Thanks for the feedback, everyone! I've passed it all to the devs.
  • rede9rede9 Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 1,947
    edited April 2018

Thanks for the feedback, everyone! I've passed it all to the devs.

I would like to see these tickets close before the final release. They are not nasty bug. Just a missing text and a missing Aid icon.
    https://support.baldursgate.com/issues/36456
    https://support.baldursgate.com/issues/34679

• AerakarAerakar Member Posts: 1,026
    Throwable bounty hunter traps (finally) in BGEE!! Did I read that right?
    I've just discovered BRANWEN is a KIT now!
    Is it me or pathfinding got worse in this beta update?
    edited May 2018
    I tried the new Kivan lines. I persuade bandits to let me join them with him in the party. Kivan met Tazok and claimed revenge and they started to fight until Tazok, after some strikes, said we will be good bandits (string 1909)!

"Not only was Kivan unable to avenge his wife, but Tazok did not seem too bothered about the attempt, and instead complimented our fighting and allowed us to stay in the bandit camp".

It has no sense.
  • bob_vengbob_veng Member Posts: 2,308
    why does it make no sense?
    edited May 2018
    bob_veng said:

why does it make no sense?

How can the party succeed to disguise itself as bandits with Kivan going on rage attacking the boss?
    I don't get the roleplaying.

how/why does kivan stop fighting?
  • AdulAdul Member Posts: 2,002
    I haven't played it yet, so I don't know the details, but it sounds better than having no acknowledgement or resolution to Kivan's story/quest.
    edited May 2018
    if kivan stops fighting and gives up on his revenge just because tazok starts talking then it's really lame
  • ArunsunArunsun Member Posts: 1,592
    bob_veng said:

how/why does kivan stop fighting?

Before the fight Kivan speaks a couple of lines with Tazok, and once the fight breaks out if you damage Tazok enough he'll initiate a dialog saying that you will be good bandit. The post-fight dialog doesn't seem to change based on Kivan's presence.
  • AdulAdul Member Posts: 2,002
    edited May 2018
    Perhaps adding one more line from Kivan post-fight would make sense, to make him react to the fact that Tazok had escaped. Otherwise it seems fine to me, as you meet Tazok later anyway, and Kivan will have his chance to exact revenge.
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    I think NPC project (Maybe it was unfnished business?) Has you kill Tazok in that fight. At which point you have a limited amount of time to do your business in camp until you get ID'd by a random bandit who saw the fight.
    Adul said:

Perhaps adding one more line from Kivan post-fight would make sense, to make him react to the fact that Tazok had escaped.

Actually he says: "Flee then, but do not think this is over, Tazok! I WILL have my revenge!" but it doesn't seem convenience.

edited May 2018
    doesn't seem bad then

just a little bit lame