Skip to content

Toolset Crashing - Door related?

My toolset keeps crashing after I stop editing a door's properties. This is happening 100% of the time and makes door transitions impossible to set up.

Comments

• Sylvus_MoonbowSylvus_Moonbow Member Posts: 1,085
    Maybe? What door from the standard tileset are you trying to edit?
  • DorrianDorrian Member Posts: 15
    I am getting the door related crashes as well. There are quite a few posts on the Steam forums about Toolset issues as well. I've also checked with other builders who are having similar difficulties with the EE Toolset.
  • JFKJFK Member Posts: 214
    @Dragonfolk2000 does it crash on every door, or a specific door?

• Dragonfolk2000Dragonfolk2000 Member Posts: 377
    It seems to do it on a specific door, one of the wooden ones. I'll have an answer for you at the end of the day.
    JFK
    Sorry for the delay. Here is a screenshot of the door I'm using.

Immediately after taking this screenshot the editor crashed. Specifically, it locked up and when I started trying to click on things it crashed.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    @Dragonfolk2000

Can you provide information about your system, OS and graphics card. What tileset are you trying to use that door from, and haks or override files installed if any?

Do you have the environment mapping box checked in Options-General?
  • JFKJFK Member Posts: 214
    You could try this experiment: Select a different door, set up your transition or otherwise edit the properties. Save the module.
    Then, edit the properties of the door and change the model to this wooden model that's giving you problems. Just to see if it's the model itself.

Is this custom content, or is it a door model that ships with the base game?

@JuliusBorisov This appears to happen regardless of the tileset that I am using. Specifically, I am using 'Castle Interior' and 'Castle Exterior, Rural'. I have no haks or override files installed. I am running Windows 10 and my graphics card is Intel(R) HD Graphics 520.

I unchecked envronment mapping and I still seem to have the problem.
    JuliusBorisov
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    Sounds like you should post this as a bug report so that the QA team and programmers could look at it.
    I changed the door types. It still seems to be crashing.
    Have you reported this issue on the bug-tracking site?
    edited June 2018

Have you reported this issue on the bug-tracking site?

Truthfully, the website confuses me. I've gone as far as to make an account but I haven't progressed further than that. I'll see about getting a report made. I'm sorry for the inconvenience.

Update: Finally did it. Like 3 months late did it. I also made some feature requests but I'm sure somebody else might have already asked the same things.
    Post edited by Dragonfolk2000 on
    JuliusBorisov
    Great! Better late than never. Thanks!
  • SurekSurek Member Posts: 9
    Anyone else still having this issue? I still have this problem, has this been fixed or looked at? I'm still unable to use the toolset in this condition. Even with the latest update.
    Tagging @virusman
  • TheCapuletTheCapulet Member Posts: 43
    Still having this issue. And it's not just the wooden doors. Primarily having issues with it atm with standard cave doors (built into the tileset).
  • TheCapuletTheCapulet Member Posts: 43
    Also encountering this same hang occasionally while closing ANY properties window.

I don't think it has to do with doors anymore.
    Please report it at support.baldursgate.com, and our QA will take a close look.
  • grom56grom56 Member Posts: 109
    I'm having this issue with doors as well. I just started using the toolset a few weeks ago. I'm unable to set a transition on ANY door. I can place doors all I want, but the toolset locks up when ever I try to have the door go somewhere. I've reported it to support, but from reading here, it looks like a very low on the list issue.
    tbone1