Skip to content

Dungeon Mastering with true scripting

I realize this might be really tough, but I'd love to be able to write scripts on the fly and maybe save them as local text files so that I can always pull it up again when I need it, without it being saved on the server.

Maybe people disagree, but I think it'd cut down a lot of "oh god I wish I had thought of this earlier" moments while I play.

Comments

• SteauxbackSteauxback Member Posts: 10
    edited November 2017
    I doubt we would get that but that would be fantastic... be able to edit some part of the module from a live server would be great.

I'd also love to be able to change tileset/add map (with limited features) on the fly, be able to spawn placeable/creature and give it a "persistent" flag so it is saved in the module file, be able to edit npc conversation (with limited features)....Yea i know i'm crazy :)
  • flyinghtcherflyinghtcher Member Posts: 21
    Would be a huge milestone, I'd definitely stop my deliberating and purchases a head starter.
  • dunahandunahan Member Posts: 139
    I'm using the servers Override-folder for my scripts and its working fine. Sometimes I changed one of those existing scripts and compiled it with the stand alone compiler of NWNXT. Would that be a solution, if you use a dummy script within override? Okay, that isn't really on the fly, but would fit it a little bit?

On a other way, I used NWNX resman for other things :)
  • GM_ODAGM_ODA Member Posts: 177
    GEany on linux can be setup to handle scripts for nwn too. :D
  • DorrianDorrian Member Posts: 15

I doubt we would get that but that would be fantastic... be able to edit some part of the module from a live server would be great.

I'd also love to be able to change tileset/add map (with limited features) on the fly, be able to spawn placeable/creature and give it a "persistent" flag so it is saved in the module file, be able to edit npc conversation (with limited features)....Yea i know i'm crazy :)

To a limited extent, you can change tilesets using the TileMagic system. Of course, if you adapt the code in those scripts you can do a lot more regarding tilesets too.