Skip to content

Starting inventory

I haven’t found a thread with this problem so I will ask (sorry if it is there already somewhere).

Playing on iPad. I export a save. Yeslick and Minsk inventory is the same as in BG1. Dynaheir loses the gem/scroll/potion cases which are replaced by crappy items. Charname’s inventory was empty but gets filled up with more +1 items.

Is it normal to lose the containers? Why do I get all that extra inventory?

Comments

• ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    Some npcs don't join you in SoD. When the prologue is over, the items in their inventory (bit not what they have equipped) will be transferred either to you, or a chest next to you in the next area. If that's not what you are talking about, there IS a bug some people are experiencing with transfers over to SoD. I think the devs are aware of it, but just in case. @JuliusBorisov *Lights the Borisov signal*
    MacHurtoJuliusBorisov
  • MacHurtoMacHurto Member Posts: 731
    edited April 2018
    Thanks, @ThacoBell. I just get different items at the start of the prologue than the ones I had in BG1 so it must be an export bug (perhaps only for iPad?). Basically lose all containers and then get new random basic stuff in Charname’s inventory including a set of keys
    ThacoBell
    I don't know of the mobile specific bugs, but if its similar, I think 2.5 is planned to fix it. SoD will get 2.5 after IWD, BGEE, and BG2EE are patched.
    MacHurto
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    Interesting that you mention this bug happens on the iOS version of SoD, which is already 2.5.

Please, attach your saves (both from BG:EE and SoD) and create a bug report on support.baldursgate.com , @MacHurto
    ThacoBellMacHurto
    edited May 2018
    Will do later today. Tried to keep them by leaving them in Imoen’s inventory but it didn’t work. And now they also took my money away! No wonder most Bhaalspawn end up being evil :-P
    Post edited by MacHurto on
    JuliusBorisov
  • BalquoBalquo Member, Developer Posts: 2,746
    The extra gear is a bug. It's taking gear from BDSTWEAP.2DA.
    JuliusBorisov
    edited May 2018
    Cannot attach the saves here, for some reason. Is there a mail I can send them to?

Minsc/Dynaheir also lose their items when I meet them at the Three Kegs inn which makes it extra annoying (I am ok with Yeslick taking the stuff he used for RP purposes but these guys should not lose their stuff so quickly). Anyway will restart SoD.

JuliusBorisov
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    Sorry if this wasn't clear: attach your saves (both from BG:EE and SoD) to a bug report on support.baldursgate.com .
    MacHurto
    @JuliusBorisov Done. Thanks!
    JuliusBorisov
  • DhariusDharius Member Posts: 654
    edited May 2018
    I haven't tried it yet, but I've heard that containers imported in become things like standard mage robes and rings of protection +1, that sort of thing. Whether these are crappy depends on your point of view I guess ;) Personally I think that this is a god solution to the problem of people importing too many items in after BG1
    Why is importing many items a problem? Specially since they don’t take your items, just your potions and your scrolls.

They are crappy in the sense that they are worse than the worn items. Also, it makes no sense from a RP perspective.

• AerakarAerakar Member Posts: 1,014
    This sounds like a bug. Containers and items on NPCs transition fine in my install.
    ThacoBellMacHurtoJuliusBorisovHalfOrcBeastmaster
    I don't personally have to import, the game automatically transitions to SoD when I clear the final fight of BG. All of my items (including containers) and npcs carry over normally. What you are experiencing definitly sounds like a bug.
    AerakarMacHurto
    edited May 2018
    I think it is an iPad thing. You need to import. I also got Brawnen to wake up with me at the Ducal Palace after the prologue. Try to explain to her it is a “programming mistake”
    JuliusBorisovThacoBellContemplative_HamsterHalfOrcBeastmaster
  • AerakarAerakar Member Posts: 1,014
    I play on a windows notebook, if that helps.
  • alastair93alastair93 Member Posts: 117
    Has this bug been fixed? I’m experiencing the same thing when starting SoD on iPad. I lose tons of important items from BG1, and some are replaced with things like basic leather armour.

This didn’t happen on my PC. Anyone know a work around?
  • frosgrimfrosgrim Member Posts: 3
    alastair93 wrote: »
    Has this bug been fixed? I’m experiencing the same thing when starting SoD on iPad. I lose tons of important items from BG1, and some are replaced with things like basic leather armour.

This didn’t happen on my PC. Anyone know a work around?

I have the same problem on a Surface 3- just happened last night. So not fixed it appears.
    Are you using the Import Game option and longtap of a quicksave, or the import character option and export character?