Skip to content

Need some advice on mod compatibility and order

ChaosRoninChaosRonin Member Posts: 3
Hey all, I'm trying to figure out what order I should be installing these mods for my BGEE run. Im on Linux so I cant use BWS to help it along. Any help and advice would be great, here is the list;

User Interface
The Picture Standard for BGEE 1 & 2
Portraits Portraits Everywhere
Dragonspear UI++ / EEUITweaks

Quest Mods
BG1 Unfinished Business
Baldur's Gate Mini Quests and Encounters (Windows) v15
Ascalon's Questpack

NPC Mods
BG1 NPC & Music Component

Large Kit Mods
Divine Remix (Just Cleric Kits)
Song & Silence
Rogue Re-balancing
Monastic Order Of Fauerun (Not sure about this one)
Faith & Power (Just the sphere system atm & maybe the Paladin and Ranger kits)
Might & Guile (Feats, Psionics and some of the extra kits)

Small Kit Mods

Wizard Slayer Rebalancing
Relieve Wizard Slayer

Item Mods
Distinguishable clubs
Wand Case
2H Axes From IWDification
Item Revisions V4.10 Beta

Spell Mods Including

Spell Revisions V4.10 Beta
Spells from IDWification? (not sure if redundant with F&P)

Tweak Mods
Klatu Tweaks
Atweaks
Tweaks Anthology BETA

If anyone has experience installing these mods together some advice on what components they liked best would be awesome as well.

Comments

• ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    You have the categories in the correc order. Quest, Npc, item and spell, then tweak mods. I'm not familiar with UI mods, so I can't help you there.

There is some specific mods where the order is extra important but I can help with a few of those.

For the kit mods, you want Faiths and Powers, Monastic Orders, and MIght and Guile to be the last three kit mods you install, in that order. Spell revisions has some comaptibility issues with FnP and MnG, so you might want to ask about that in one of those threads. With FnP, you won't need the spells from IDWification.

Atweaks needs to be your last tweak mod install. I'm not familiar with Klatu tweaks.
  • lefreutlefreut Member Posts: 1,462
    Dragonspear UI++ before EEUITweaks (as EEUITweaks will detect Dragonspear UI++ and will only propose components that are compatible with it). Otherwise you should be able to install them pretty much when you want as they should not interact with any other mod.

The Picture Standard for BGEE 1 & 2 probably close to the end as it change portraits of some of the mods (BG1NPC, RR, ...).
    Portraits Portraits Everywhere also close to the end and may overlap with The Picture Standard so the one you install last may overwrite some of the portraits of the other.
  • SharGuidesMyHandSharGuidesMyHand Member Posts: 2,580

My approach: What mods can you bear to see screwed up the least? - install those last. ;)
  • GusindaGusinda Member Posts: 1,915
    @ChaosRonin, I have my mod install where the User Interface section is last (with the EEUITweaks last of all). Reasoning: these would be the only mods that I would change (if updates were required) mid game and it seems to impact least, if at all, on other mods.

Also, I note that you have 'Tweaks Anthology BETA'. Unless there is a specific reason, the latest is Tweaks Anthology v4.

Gus
  • CahirCahir Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 2,819
    lefreut said:

Dragonspear UI++ before EEUITweaks (as EEUITweaks will detect Dragonspear UI++ and will only propose components that are compatible with it). Otherwise you should be able to install them pretty much when you want as they should not interact with any other mod.

The Picture Standard for BGEE 1 & 2 probably close to the end as it change portraits of some of the mods (BG1NPC, RR, ...).
    Portraits Portraits Everywhere also close to the end and may overlap with The Picture Standard so the one you install last may overwrite some of the portraits of the other.

@lefreut so, assuming I would like to achieve following goals (in that order of preference):
    - Have all portraits from Artaport mod
    - Have additional portraits from Portraits Portraits Everywhere mod for all other NPC's, not covered by Artaport
    - Have high resolution portraits from the Picture Standard.

The goal is to have portraits for all NPC's, preferably in the highest resolution possible and with all Arta's portraits.

Should installation order be as following?:
    - Portraits Portraits Everywhere -> to have all necessery portraits covered
    - The Picture Standard -> the pictures covered by PPE will be changed by PS and the rest will remain untouched
    - Artaport -> portraits for all joinable NPC's and some major non-joinable will be changed, the rest will remain from PPE or PS.

Did I get it right?
  • ChaosRoninChaosRonin Member Posts: 3
    Thanks for all the replies, that clears up a lot of confusion on my part.
  • lefreutlefreut Member Posts: 1,462
    Cahir said:

@lefreut so, assuming I would like to achieve following goals (in that order of preference):
    - Have all portraits from Artaport mod
    - Have additional portraits from Portraits Portraits Everywhere mod for all other NPC's, not covered by Artaport
    - Have high resolution portraits from the Picture Standard.

The goal is to have portraits for all NPC's, preferably in the highest resolution possible and with all Arta's portraits.

Should installation order be as following?:
    - Portraits Portraits Everywhere -> to have all necessery portraits covered
    - The Picture Standard -> the pictures covered by PPE will be changed by PS and the rest will remain untouched
    - Artaport -> portraits for all joinable NPC's and some major non-joinable will be changed, the rest will remain from PPE or PS.

Did I get it right?

@Cahir yes that should work as you expect.